Thursday, February 20, 2020

A gunman suspected of shooting at least nine people dead at two shisha bars in a German city revealed he had far-right political views in a confession letter he left behind. The rampage late on Wednesday in Hanau, a town close to Frankfurt in the western state of Hesse, ended with the suspect killing himself. German daily Bild said the man had left a written confession and a video claiming responsibilty for the attack. Police chased a car used to leave the scene of one shooting to its owner's address, where they found the bodies of a 43-year-old German man and his 72-year-old mother, Hesse interior minister Peter Beuth said.

Comments

More Nazi trash taken to the morgue. No loss. Next.

#1 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-20 12:20 PM | Reply

He was a Hessian with aggression.

#2 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2020-02-20 12:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Too bad. I thought they had got rid of their Nazi streak.

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 01:13 PM | Reply

Guess not so much.

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 01:13 PM | Reply

I don't think it was a Nazi thing. The Nazis had close relationships with Muslims and Muslim religious leaders. And white supremacists in the US have praised ISIS.

I think this was a more general anti-immigrant thing.

#5 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-20 01:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

And the guy was ------- crazy.

#6 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-20 01:39 PM | Reply

The Nazis had close relationships with Muslims

LOL!

#7 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 01:51 PM | Reply

I have heard that Germans are still some of the most racist in Europe.

A crazy person needs to get what to do from the "chatter" around him.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 01:55 PM | Reply

Another rightwing European butcher for American White Supremacists to hold up as a model and martyr. You can safely bet that in years to come this psychopath's name will be remembered and repeated fondly by many rightwingers here in America.

#9 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-02-20 02:17 PM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY MODER8

And you can already bet that the names Corkins and Hodgkinson are repeated fondly by many left-wingers here in America.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-20 02:34 PM | Reply

Who? I've never heard of them.

#11 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-02-20 02:39 PM | Reply

Good one!

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-20 02:40 PM | Reply

James Hodgkinson and Floyd Lee Corkins... yep... good one indeed. LOL

#13 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 02:52 PM | Reply

Anyway... hooka bars... or shisha bars ... are usually places where the neighborhood punks hang out. Cops raid those places all the time in Karachi. I think they are banned in most areas.

Filthy habit.

#14 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 03:50 PM | Reply

"A crazy person needs to get what to do from the "chatter" around him."

I couldn't find an English language version, but this guy had claimed to have played for Eintracht Frankfurt, and linked their poor performance to underground compounds in the US where children were molested.

Here's the thing, if you're anti-Muslim, there is no shortage of areas full of full-on Manjam, Burka wearing unassimilated Muslims. At worst, this was a community of Schwarzarbieters-"black workers." Generally Turks who came over years ago to fill low wage employment gaps. But most likely not recent refugees or ISIS acolytes. I don't think they hang out in Shisha bars at midnight. Although to be fair, my experience with Shisha is mostly Doha...and I think they were all pretty rich...and drunk.

#15 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-20 04:01 PM | Reply

Manjam

What's that?

Burka wearing unassimilated Muslims

They are really dumb to do that. Makes them a target.

Doha...and I think they were all pretty rich...and drunk.

Arabs.....

#16 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-20 04:10 PM | Reply

I heard he was a devil worshiper. Mammon? Only right-wing demon I can think of....

#17 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-02-20 04:16 PM | Reply

#8 My brother lived in Mainz for several years and I went to visit him a few times. He did often complain that the Germans were aloof and unfriendly. He called it clannish. He had only one German friend but numerous Polish,Russian and Nigerian friends over there. He was there at the invitation of the German gov. To be a chemist at one of their universities.
I noticed a distinctly frightening element in their Society when I went to visit. They do have a much wider spectrum of political discourse over there than we do here. I didn't see any skinheads in Germany itself but I did sense a sort of menace in some in the people I encountered there.
Poland was another story. In Poland I saw swastika graffiti,all over the place.It was the only place in Europe that I saw THAT. The poles as people however, were far more open and friendly than the Germans were,at least to me.

#18 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-20 04:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Hell, it is tough to own a damn gun over there.

#19 | Posted by Sniper at 2020-02-20 05:18 PM | Reply

Stupid effer should've just taken a seat and had a few puffs. Darn shame, it is.

#20 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-02-20 08:45 PM | Reply

More white violence.

#21 | Posted by fresno500 at 2020-02-20 08:53 PM | Reply

More white violence.

White violence. Brown violence. Yellow violence. Violence transcends race.

#22 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-02-20 09:37 PM | Reply

More white violence.

White violence. Brown violence. Yellow violence. Violence transcends race.

#22 | Posted by horstngraben at 2020-02-20 09:37 PM | Reply | Flag:

Of course it does. But there is a rise in white male self-pity revenge violence erupting around the world right now. This kook fit every stereotype for mass shooters these days: a right-wing white supremacist incel who literally lived with his mother. He agreed with Trump's nationalist agenda, although he claimed Trump stole his ideas.

#23 | Posted by cbob at 2020-02-20 10:02 PM | Reply

Generally speaking Germans are awful, hateful people. Aggressors in two world wars and the Holocaust.

#24 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-02-22 01:19 AM | Reply

Germans are a different society. They're straightforward, and to many people that comes off as unpleasant. My wife has been scolded a few times while walking the dog...but I don't think it was out of anger. They just didn't want the dog peeing on their well manicured bushes. And they're certainly not menacing. Maybe some of the Arab and North African immigrants, but the Germans themselves tend to be very deferential towards Americans...at least where I live.

"In Poland I saw swastika graffiti,all over the place."

It goes in phases, but the last time I was in Singapore, Nazi uniforms and symbols were the new hotness. I don't think it was a racist thing...they just weren't affected by National Socialism in the same way Europe was.

#25 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 08:21 AM | Reply

"Hell, it is tough to own a damn gun over there."

You have to go through hunter training, but once that's done, I don't think there is any real limit on gun purchases. You can definitely buy handguns and long guns. And hunting might be a more popular pastime here than in the US. I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a deer stand.

#26 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 08:22 AM | Reply

#25 That's true of Singapore. But Poland? Really? Not affected by Nazism? That's the dumbest thing by
far I've ever read here.You mean that about poland?They more than ANYONE should knowwhere Hitlerism leads in MHO. The Poles lost more people and cultural artifacts to the Nazis than anyone but the Russians and Yugoslavs, duh.

#27 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-22 09:48 AM | Reply

#16 You're military, dude, do you think that might have something to do with the German "Deferentialness" you have encountered?

#28 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-22 10:00 AM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER AT 2020-02-22 08:22 AM | FLAG:

You can buy an AR-15 in Germany, but not an M4. They prohibit Wars of War.

#29 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-02-22 11:05 AM | Reply

Weapons of War.

#30 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-02-22 11:05 AM | Reply

"If you were just "some guy" and not affiliated with the US military in any way would be they still be so Deferential to you? That's a genuine question,by the way,not snark."

I don't know. The area I live in has been occupied since the end of WWII. The local population is very favorable to the US military...if for no other reason than they make a lot of money of the US.

I live less than an hour from the french border...and the French are arrogant little -----. Which I love. Especially the girls. I would rather have someone talk ---- to me than try and kiss my ass.

#31 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 11:55 AM | Reply

"You can buy an AR-15 in Germany, but not an M4. They prohibit Wars of War."

And I'm not a big enough gun nut to tell you the difference between the two. I would think an AR-15 would be a suitable substitute for an M-4 in most cases.

#32 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 11:58 AM | Reply

#16 You're military, dude

Not sure if you are talking to me (post 16 was mine) but I was never in the military and certainly not in the American one.

And many many people in Europe will kiss American butt... doesn't matter if they are military or not.

#33 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-22 12:08 PM | Reply

I was talking to madbomber and he replied too. Sorry.

#34 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-22 12:41 PM | Reply

#31 Have you been to Poland,Czechia,or points east?
My father's people are all Czech and having been there I can assure you they don't seem to like Americans in Czechia at all. Easily the most UNfriendly people to Americans that I have encountered in Europe.

#35 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-22 12:46 PM | Reply

I was in CR a few weeks ago. They were quite friendly. But I was in Prague. The saying goes, all cities want to be Paris...Paris wants to be Prague. And I believe it. We spent eight hours on the train for a day in the city, and then eight hours back.

The one thing that really surprised me was that there was absolutely no mention of Heydrich's rule from Prague Castle. Nothing. Given that the Czechs had been viciously anti-Nazi, I wanted to know more.

#36 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 12:57 PM | Reply

Do you want to know who in Europe in most unfriendly to Americans? It might be other Americans. My daughter hates it when we're driving, and some dumb American is driving in an Escalade or F-250, or doesn't use turn signals, or is obnoxious at a restaurant. It's kinda funny. I always have to point out to her that she is one of those people. And yes, some are abject -------, but many more are just like her. Appreciative of the local culture.

And I'm with here. Anyone driving a full sized SUV in Europe is retarded. You're not going to be able to drive in a lot of places...and you're not going to be able to park anywhere. I had a Yukon before I moved. I sold it. Now I have a BMW 320i and an X3. And they're almost too big for Europe. But it is funny to watch my daughter squirm out of distaste for her fellow Americans.

#37 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-22 01:03 PM | Reply

They assassinated him and built a memorial at the site of the assassination.

#38 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-22 01:05 PM | Reply

"And I'm with here. Anyone driving a full sized SUV in Europe is retarded. You're not going to be able to drive in a lot of places"

You won't be able to drive in most of the places. Those streets are hundreds of years old and were not built for vehicular traffic, of course. You see more scooters than cars in the inner and older parts of the cities.

#39 | Posted by goatman at 2020-02-22 01:11 PM | Reply

I was in Milevsco, a small town of about 5000,about 80 Kilometers from Prague. The town was surrounded by great forests of larch and spruce. It seemed almost like an island in a great forest. I spent about a week there visiting my father's extended family,none of whom spoke English at all except one daughter who spoke a little. Weirdest week of my life.
Milevsco was full of people who keyed our rental car and repeatedly tried to start fistfights with me for reasons I never quite understood.
That being said I still quite liked the otherworldly atmosphere in Milevsco and would readily visit it again.

#40 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-22 01:18 PM | Reply

#7 | Posted by J_Tremain Learn a little history, the Nazis had thousands of Muslim soldiers fighting on the Eastern Front, en.wikipedia.org Haj Amin al-Husseini and Rashid Ali al-Gaylani recruited tens of thousands of fighters. The Muslims liked the Jew hatred the Nazis espoused and hated the Soviet Communists. Stalin had killed a few million Muslims during the 30s as he did to the Ukrainians.

#41 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-02-22 01:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Learn a little history

My grasp of history is a lot better than someone who was sexually abused as a child, had his brain damaged in Iraq, got PTSD which he still suffers from and is impotent.

And he isn't educated in the first place... as is apparent from the way you write and spell.

had thousands of Muslim soldiers

And there were many times more fighting for the British. Including MY family. And we won.

Like I said... you are brain damaged.

#42 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-22 02:36 PM | Reply

It might surprise a dullard like you to know (in fact it surprises most Americans.. education being crap in America) that most Muslims are NOT Arabs.

Arabs are a minority in the Islamic world that is over 2 Billion strong.

So a few thousand Arabs joined the Nazis???? LOL

The other Muslims still beat them to a pulp. Yippeekayay mother%^*$*%.

#43 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-22 02:40 PM | Reply

#43 | Posted by J_Tremain, Yep, the Sudanese and some Muslim Indian regiments fought with the British but in raw numbers, I think the Nazis drew more. Two of the six German Armies on the Eastern Front were Muslim, and it was not a "few" thousand, it was tens of thousands.

#44 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-02-22 02:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I think

Can a turnip think???

I wonder....

it was not a "few" thousand, it was tens of thousands.

en.wikipedia.org

At the height of the World War, more than 2.5 million Indian troops were fighting Axis forces around the globe. Muslim soldiers accounted for up to 40% of the British Indian Army during the war.

That would make it a million Muslims in the British Army. And then there were countless others against the Nazis and Japanese.

#45 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-22 03:09 PM | Reply

So the Nazis managed to round up a few Arabs?

LOL... even a 100 Arabs are not equal in fighting skills to ONE Asian.

True then, true today.

We beat them to a pulp, did we not?

Or do you think Germany won the war?

When you were raped and abused by your family at 6... you lost touch with reality and went into your "safe space"... permanently... did you not? LOL

#46 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-22 03:12 PM | Reply

The Moroccan Goumier were some of the fiercest fighters of WWII. The Germans in Italy considered them to be nothing short of bogeymen. They were North Africans. I can't tell you where the Arabs end and the North Africans begin though.

#47 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-02-23 04:32 AM | Reply