Monday, February 24, 2020

Harvey Weinstein was found guilty of committing a criminal sex act in the first degree involving one woman and rape in the third degree involving another woman. He was acquitted on the more serious charges of predatory sexual assault involving the two women, Miriam Haley and Jessica Mann. Those charges carried a recommended sentence of 10 years to life in prison. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. said today is a "new day" as Harvey Weinstein "has finally been held accountable."

Comments

That pisses me off. Why go to all the trouble and expense of being a Hollywood producer if you can't subject nymphets to be subservient. It's the foundation the industry is built on. When you have that kind of power, they not only let you grab them by the -----, they launch their ------- at you. Weinstein was just following decades of protocol. He gets up to 25 years? This is some fresh Hell.

#1 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-02-24 12:21 PM | Reply

"Hollywood has the best moral compass, because it has compassion,"

--Harvey Weinstein, 2009

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-24 12:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

Hypocrites. I'm sure we can all agree that Hollywood celebrities, TV and media personalities should not be anywhere near deciding public policy. Dirty --------.

#3 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-02-24 12:34 PM | Reply

He gets up to 25 years?

If he were a Republican he'd be President of the United States.

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-24 12:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Good.

Fun times.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 12:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Not sure you'll get Republicans to agree, considering how many Hollywood celebrities they voted into the presidency.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-24 12:37 PM | Reply

As I recall, you were one of the people who initially claimed not to know who he was...and you work in the Industry.

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 12:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Now watch him walk into jail without a walker. I bet BIll Cosby sees perfectly too. Rotten little bastards.

#8 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-02-24 12:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I'm pretty sure that was Lee's point.

#9 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 12:39 PM | Reply

Exactly, and I hope they both die of old age in jail.

#10 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 12:40 PM | Reply

Remember when all the Usual Idiots on the DR Left were saying "who?"

I believe that was just me. And I was right. No one gives a fffk what happens to Weinstein.

There's a mental illness within the Republican Party. It's making our nation sick.

#11 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-24 12:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Remember when all the Usual Idiots on the DR Left were saying "who?" and excoriating me when I first posted Ronan Farrow's first articles about Harvey Weinstein?"

Sure sounds like you only posted it to troll the libs.
But maybe I'm wrong about that.
Only one way to find out:

Did Donald Trump grab your -----, RightOCenter?

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-02-24 12:48 PM | Reply

Speaking of trolls...

And Gracie posted this thread, not me.

#13 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 12:54 PM | Reply

Trump's tiny hands would have never been found again.

Just sayin'.

#14 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-24 01:42 PM | Reply

Dude is so REPULSIVE I'm sure coercion and rape were the ONLY way he ever got any. YUK.

#15 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-02-24 01:46 PM | Reply

"Now. If Weinstein had been a Republican who felt his religious rights were being violated, there would be thousands of Republicans circling around him, starting gofundme campaigns for him. Voting for him for Congress or the presidency. Attacking democrats for demonizing him."

One of them is currently running for the Senate seat in Alabama.

#16 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-02-24 01:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Hollywood has the best moral compass, because it has compassion,"
--Harvey Weinstein, 2009

#2 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

And they convicted him with a 25 year sentence. They didn't protect him when the revelations came out. Hollywood kicked his ass to the curb.

Maybe that's the difference between Hollywood and the Republicans?

#17 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-02-24 02:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He and that other wide load micky moar are both part of the hollyweird liberal hog bunch.

#18 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-24 02:16 PM | Reply

Uhhh, Hollywood protected him for decades.

#19 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-24 02:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

If only the same standards of justice could be used against Bill Clinton, Trump, and Bloomberg.

#20 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-24 02:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Now. If Weinstein had been a Republican
#11 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2020-02-24 12:43 PM | FLAG:

But he's not a Republican Clown, he's a Democrat and a big time one. He sat in the front row at the White House when they unveiled the Bill Clinton portrait and Hillary was eager to accept his donations, big ones.

#21 | Posted by fishpaw at 2020-02-24 02:28 PM | Reply

I guess when you're rich and powerful they don't let you do that.

#22 | Posted by Tor at 2020-02-24 02:58 PM | Reply

100% agree, but be careful, JPW will accuse you of being a rape deflector for posting that about CLinton...

#23 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 03:11 PM | Reply

Poetic Justice.

#24 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 03:45 PM | Reply

Trump! Drink!

#25 | Posted by wisgod at 2020-02-24 04:17 PM | Reply

Fun times.
#5 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Yeah, who were they again?

#26 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-02-24 04:33 PM | Reply

It would definitely qualify Weinstein to be a Supreme Court Justice.

#27 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-02-24 04:48 PM | Reply

#20 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

Amen.

#28 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-02-24 04:59 PM | Reply

Trump! Drink!

Posted by wisgod

Like you've ever needed an excuse to drink.

#29 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-02-24 05:28 PM | Reply

Wineswine's raggedyass grey whiskers make him look a pyssbum.
Maybe bubba will make him clean up.

#30 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-24 06:37 PM | Reply

Isn't this the same stuff Clinton did?

#31 | Posted by sawdust at 2020-02-24 08:46 PM | Reply

Hey, just read an article on this.

The guy had no balls???

Wow, no wonder he was a Democrat...

#32 | Posted by sawdust at 2020-02-24 08:47 PM | Reply

Or trump?

#33 | Posted by zelkova at 2020-02-24 08:51 PM | Reply

Maybe that's the difference between Hollywood and the Republicans?

#17 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

Do you really want to go there? It's been an open-secret for decades. His predations were not only covered-up, they were enabled.

This is a clear occasion where you can raise your hand and proclaim, "Yeah, this member of my team is a horrible person. I denounce him fully and won't try and deflect this toward my political adversaries."

#34 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-24 09:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Are you talking about Trump?

Do Republicans ever have these moments of clarity?

I joke, I joke.

Obviously, Republicans don't.

#35 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-24 09:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Do Republicans ever have these moments of clarity?

I joke, I joke.

Obviously, Republicans don't.

#35 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

...Now do Bill Clinton after you've had James Carville drag a $100 bill through a trailer park.

#36 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-02-24 09:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#36 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Bill Clinton should be in jail.

JFC that was ------- easy.

#37 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-02-24 09:21 PM | Reply

www.msn.com

Longtime friend and co-hollyweirdo Brad Pitt took time out from speaking on politics to offer this for his friend.
"Mr. Wienstien has a walker for back problems and takes shots to prevent blindness. Now he has a bad heart. Leave him alone"

#38 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-02-25 08:43 AM | Reply

Listen to the new York times the daily podcast on this.

It's a big deal.

#39 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-25 01:36 PM | Reply

Let me get ahead of this...

Weinstein didn't kill himself