Monday, February 24, 2020

Joe Biden has lost nearly one-fifth of his support among black voters in South Carolina, a new poll released Sunday finds. The CBS News/YouGov data released over the weekend exposes a crack in his plan to draw overwhelming support from the majority-black primary voters on February 29.

Biden's overall support in the country's next primary state, which he has staked as his struggling campaign's turnaround, has fallen to just a single-digit lead over Senator Bernie Sanders versus his massive 28 percent lead over all candidates just three months ago.

The poll released Sunday also identifies another problem with Biden's potential wooing of black voters -- Tom Steyer. The billionaire Democratic presidential candidate has skyrocketed from just 2 percent support among black South Carolina voters in November to 24 percent today. And in that same time period, Biden has lost 19 percent of support, 54 to 35 percent, from black voters in South Carolina.

Comments

Not a surprise that Steyer is surging in SC, much of his ad buys are aimed at the Black community.

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-24 12:20 PM | Reply

Biden thought his crack was covered, by his Depends.

#2 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-25 01:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Damn, this is one of the most enjoyable primaries I have seen in my life. who knew politics could be so much fun?

#3 | Posted by goatman at 2020-02-25 01:32 AM | Reply

who knew politics could be so much fun?

I know, Biden has cracks!

#4 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-25 01:35 AM | Reply

Not a surprise that Steyer is surging in SC

$22 an hour buys lots of votes!

#5 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-02-25 01:36 AM | Reply

Steyer looks like one bad day away from becoming a serial killer. Really, his continued participation in this race for the nomination is just dividing Democrats and bruising the front runner, he should drop out.

#6 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-25 01:38 AM | Reply

"Scratch and Sniff" Joe..

#7 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2020-02-25 01:38 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Agreed, and Tom may already have bodies in unmarked graves.

He is obviously hoping that promising tons of free stuff to the black community (listen to one of his radio ads in Oakland or Sacramento for proof) will launch him into contention in SC or CA on Super Tuesday.

#8 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-25 01:16 PM | Reply

--Steyer looks like one bad day away from becoming a serial killer

The dude has gone full Stalinist:

"And I have said that I will declare a state of emergency on climate on the first day of my presidency and I will use the Executive emergency powers of the presidency to tell companies how they can generate electricity, what kind of cars they can build and on what schedule, what kind of buildings we're gonna have, how we're gonna use our public lands, how the government " which is the biggest buyer of fossil fuels in the world " is gonna move to clean energy."

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-25 02:26 PM | Reply

- full Stalinist:

More Red Scare!! BS from the same Trump troll.

Regulations are not ownership of industry, dimmy, particularly concerning public lands.

I just hope you aren't still filling young people's heads with your complete nonsense.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-25 02:58 PM | Reply

The dude has gone full Stalinist

I'm not sure Tom pushing Bernie further left would ultimately be a good thing if he is the eventual nominee.

#11 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-25 02:59 PM | Reply

Biden thinks he is running for Senate in SC:

"You're the ones who sent Barack Obama the presidency. And I have a simple proposition here: I'm here to ask you for your help," Biden told voters at the South Carolina Democrat Party's First in the South Dinner. "Where I come from, you don't go very far unless you ask. My name's Joe Biden. I'm a Democratic candidate for the United States' Senate. Look me over. If you like what you see, help out. If not, vote for the other Biden. Give me a look though, OK?"

And what exactly is "the other Biden"?

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-25 03:01 PM | Reply

No surprise Collectivus Corkus is on board with Steyer's authoritarian schemes. Climate extremists are watermelons; green on the outside, deep red inside.

#13 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-02-25 03:03 PM | Reply

Another Moldy but Goodie from Creepy Uncle Joe:

"One of the things I'm proudest of is getting passed, getting moved, getting in control of is the Paris Climate Accord," Biden told the crowd. "I'm the guy who came back after meeting with Deng Xiaoping and making the case that I believe China will join if we put pressure on them. We got almost 200 nations to join."

Uhh, Deng Xiaoping died in 1997, 23 years ago.

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-02-25 03:15 PM | Reply

Authoritarian Don's best troll speaks.... of course, he doesn't say anything, well, except to call all climate science a Stalinist Conspiracy, roflmao!!

You'd think a billionaire, even an orange one, could afford more intelligent trolls.

#15 | Posted by Corky at 2020-02-25 03:23 PM | Reply

I suspect there are still several unsuspected twists and turns to occur during the Democratic nomination process. Nobody who is still "in" it is really yet completely out of it. Heck, I still have hopes for Warren. The only person who I believe stands zero chance is Bloomberg, but that is a whole different discussion in itself.

#16 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-02-25 03:41 PM | Reply

Biden needs to drop out, he's a freaking senile old Depends stuffing loon.

#17 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-25 05:01 PM | Reply

Biden needs to drop out,

I hear he's due back in South Africa soon.

#18 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-02-25 05:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#18 - "glad to be back in Iowa!"

#19 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-25 05:11 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

So the guy that has not even come in 2nd in anything this year is the frontrunner?
Wishful thinking at best.

If Steyer can take you out of contention then you were really never there to begin with.

#20 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-02-25 05:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So, I live in SC.

As a Repub, trying to decide who I should vote for.

Looking like it will be Biden. I need him to stay in the race until the convention.

#21 | Posted by sawdust at 2020-02-25 08:05 PM | Reply