Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Harvey Weinstein was taken to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan on Monday after complaining of chest pains, according to his representative.

Comments

How convenient.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2020-02-25 01:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Boo Flippin' Hoo

#2 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2020-02-25 01:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I wonder: are the pains caused by a knife or a bullet??

#3 | Posted by contrecoup at 2020-02-25 01:31 PM | Reply

He should have gone to Bellview a long time ago for touchy Mcfeeler syndrome

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2020-02-25 01:46 PM | Reply

Shocker.

#5 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-02-25 01:52 PM | Reply

Men are funny. When they want to draw attention to their sexual prowess they buy big fast expensive cars. When they want to look harmless they gimp around with a walker.

Either way they are compensating.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-02-25 01:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I am sure this guy is a -------. 100%.

I am sure he has raped women and assaulted them.

I just hate that the people they put out there are such bad examples.
I haven't read a ton on this but the things I've read or seen on the news make these women seem like opportunists.
Anyway, the ends justify the means in his verdict.

#7 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-02-25 02:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Tragic. Weinstein's gammy leg has now infected his heart! I hope somebody is watching him, and any security cameras are working correctly, to ensure that he doesn't end up dead from an OD, either by his own hand or someone else's.

And wouldn't it be ironic if some Hollywood producer started work on a biopic about The Rise and Fall of Harvey Weinstein?

#8 | Posted by cbob at 2020-02-25 02:31 PM | Reply

The fake gimping part kills me but those palpitations were probably very real. Realizing you are now royally effed can have that affect. I'm sure he'll be in special custody where he doesn't get to mingle with the general population like most of the famous perpetrators. You can bet they'd introduce him to the other side of rape at the very least if that were the case.

#9 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-02-25 03:27 PM | Reply

#7 I was shocked to hear the summary of the trial in the NYT's "the daily" podcast.

I don't think the ends justifies the means here, if this is the new legal benchmark. It is simply accusation = conviction, regardless of what else happened.

#10 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-25 03:45 PM | Reply

Bruce,
I'm being a hypocrite.

I am making an exception because this dude is just so gross, and I believe he deserves to pay for his crimes even if I agree with your above post.

#11 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2020-02-25 03:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We live in interesting times.

#12 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-25 04:35 PM | Reply

Chest pains my hiney. He's trying to stay out of prison as long as possible. Worthless shmuck.

#13 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-02-25 04:42 PM | Reply

Someone should give him a swift kick in the balls to help him forget his chest pain.

#14 | Posted by Jaspar at 2020-02-25 05:23 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY CBOB

I'm sure the pitches are flying as the deal-makers compete to wring every last dime out of this one.
A villain as unsympathetic as Shakespeare's Richard III.
Hollywood stars and starlets (although the lawyers are gonna have to go over this pretty carefully).
Icarus, up, up, and away only to crash and burn, burn, burn.
All this penny dreadful lacks is redemption.
But Harvey will be left to burn in the story, because the primary focus will be the women.
As it should be.

#15 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2020-02-25 05:34 PM | Reply

#6 - walks with competition tennis balls on his walker to his souped up Cadillac

#16 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-02-25 06:23 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2020-02-25 03:45 PM | REPLY |

I just listened to that podcast. Dang, the evidence is tricky, I must say. There's no question that Weinstein is scuzzy, but were his actions criminal?

#17 | Posted by cbob at 2020-02-25 08:16 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY JASPAR

I've heard that twice daily corncob suppositories will cure chest pain.

#18 | Posted by 6thPersona at 2020-02-25 09:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#17 after hearing how the case was built, I was surprised by the verdict.

I wonder how the LA trial will go.

Could he appeal this and get off completely?

The weirdest situation was where he dated the woman for three years and she said she didn't like some of the sex but liked others.

#19 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-02-26 12:09 AM | Reply