Friday, March 06, 2020

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) called out Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) for not taking steps to control the "organized nastiness" of some of his supporters during the presidential campaign. "It's not just about me," Warren said in an interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Thursday following her decision to suspend her campaign for the Democratic nomination. "I think that's a real problem with this online bullying and sort of organized nastiness. ... I'm talking about some really ugly stuff that went on."

Comments

[Warren] made specific reference to what she described as online harassment of union leaders in Nevada ahead of last month's caucuses because they took issue with Sanders's Medicare-for-all proposal.

"They didn't just disagree," she said. "They actually published the phone numbers and home addresses of the two women, immigrant women, and really put them in fear for their families. ... These are tough women who run labor organizing campaigns ... and yet said for the first time because of this onslaught of online threats that they felt really under attack, and that wasn't the first time it happened."

She described how his supporters referred to her using a snake emoji and called her a "traitor."

Sanders has denounced the attacks on Warren and her campaign by those claiming to support him, saying he was "aghast" and "disgusted" by them.

She said she had a conversation with Sanders about it. "It was short," she said, "but yeah, we talked about it. I think it's a real problem."

It definitely looks like Liz is 'feelin' the Bern' but not in the same way that Sanders supporters do.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 08:58 AM | Reply

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.)

He joined the Democrats about the same time I did it turns out.

#2 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-03-06 11:32 AM | Reply

So if a couple of Biden supporters cross the line are you going to post stories about his fans and his lack of control?

I hold Bernie accountable for what Bernie says and does.. not anybody that can cause havoc and claim allegiance.
Bernie has an A+ rating with unions... if people are harrassed in the unions it ain't by real Bernie supporters.

#3 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-03-06 12:49 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"That apparently did not satisfy Warren, who said that Sanders and all candidates "are responsible for the people who claim to be" supporters "and do really threatening and dangerous things."

I like EW and I hate it that people did the things she describes but I disagree with her about Sanders being responsible for their actions. She can't even really prove it was actual Sanders supporters that did it. All candidates should strongly discourage such acts (as if Trump would) but there is no way they can take responsibility for them.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-06 12:50 PM | Reply

If somebody started harassing abortion clinics and claimed to be Biden supporters...
1.) Would you believe they were legit?
2) would you you change your support based on the actions of a few morons?
3) How could Biden do anything to stop it?

#5 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-03-06 12:58 PM | Reply

No doubt there is a radical fringe supporting Sanders campaign who are willing to use intimidation and troll tactics to push their agenda. At this point there have been way to many confirmed reports for it to be considered just an isolated incident here or there. Sanders has and should continue to denounce such actions. It is unfair to blame or hold Sanders responsible for the acts of this fringe. And I would not say that if there were any indication he embraced or encouraged such acts. This is not like Trump openly encouraging his supporters to attack hecklers and members of the media.

#6 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-03-06 01:15 PM | Reply

If somebody started harassing abortion clinics and claimed to be Trump supporters...
1.) Would you believe they were legit?
2) would you you change your support based on the actions of a few morons?
3) How could Trump do anything to stop it?

#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-06 01:41 PM | Reply

How could Trump do anything to encourage it?
He could offer to pay their legal bills!

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 01:44 PM | Reply

Considering Trump claims to be pro-life... I could see his supporters attacking abortion clinics.
Where Bernie is as pro-union as it gets.

#9 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-03-06 01:50 PM | Reply

Organized nastiness?

There's nothing organized about a bunch of random angry people yelling at each other.

Otherwise the DR could be considered organized nastiness.

#10 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 01:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

That apparently did not satisfy Warren

Shocker.

I could find you examples of people supporting any candidate in the race acting like --------- online. Only in Bernie's case is it imputed to the candidate him/herself.

#11 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 02:01 PM | Reply

#11 and Trump and anyone with an 'R' after their name. It seems that only 'Ds' are not tarred by they sycophants.

#12 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-06 02:04 PM | Reply

Bernie Bros. Ohh so scary. It's a good thing she didn't go far in the primary. If she's this wimpy about a few mean bros, how's she gonna handle Israel,and the other really mean types. Shes making the case for a male leader by being so soft.I
Can't see Margaret Thatcher whining about that type of thing and I loathe everything about that ------.

#13 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-06 02:27 PM | Reply

I'm much more closely aligned with Sanders on policy. Voted for him in 2016. After Warren dropped I decided he won't be getting my vote next week when Missouri votes. I've come to see him as a zealot with a cult like following. For as much as I want to see a strong progressive in the White House, at this moment in time America needs a President who can work with a divided congress to get things and Bernie isn't that person.

#14 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-03-06 02:30 PM | Reply

#14 "People were mean to me on the internet so i don't think poor people should have health insurance"

#15 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 02:32 PM | Reply

#15 - Thanks for the example, Joe. that is the exact type of behavior I'm talking about.

#16 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-03-06 02:51 PM | Reply

I wonder how many threatening calls a day Warren gets from bernie bros?

#17 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-06 02:58 PM | Reply

#17 - yeah, big name politicians never get those

#18 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-03-06 03:06 PM | Reply

Why is she so soft? Politics is a blood sport. People's lives often ride on it. If she couldn't handle a few numbnuts how's she gonna handle the world? We dodged a bullet with her campaign imploding.

#19 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-06 03:09 PM | Reply

She didn't say she couldn't handle it. She didn't say that's why she ended her campaign.
You sure are doing your best to enforce stereotypes.

#20 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-06 03:13 PM | Reply

Organized nastiness didn't cause Warren to falter in the primaries.

She and Bernie have similar platforms and ideas. So they're sharing the same voter pool.

Difference being, Bernie has been campaigning for the presidency since 2015 and has created a better network.

Most Sanders supporters I know would gladly vote for Warren, we simply prefer Bernie.

We are disappointed he lost in 2016 and feel he is the right choice for 2020.

#21 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 03:24 PM | Reply

I wonder how many threatening calls a day Warren gets from bernie bros?
#17 | POSTED BY TOR

Have you offered to buy Warren some knee pads? Or were those only for Tulsi?

Tor is a perfect example of a person who is an internet bully.

But, he supports Biden. So, most of you give him a pass.

Moderates have been the most vocal about their disdain for Bernie. They are the most vocal about the fact they will never vote for Bernie.

Where are the articles about them? Where are the posts saying that if they don't vote for Bernie they are voting for Trump?

Perhaps it's time to take off the blinders and see the hypocrisy.

#22 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 03:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Because I can see Gabbard is a putin puppet I'm an internet bully?

#23 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-06 03:32 PM | Reply

I'm an internet bully?
#23 | POSTED BY TOR

Glad I could help you figure that out.

#24 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 03:35 PM | Reply

You're more of a smart aleck than a bully, with that pathetic bleeding-heart shtick in #17.

#25 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 03:37 PM | Reply

"You're more of a smart aleck than a bully"

That's...probably true.

I'm guessing you've all seen the rolling stone article by now.

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-06 03:39 PM | Reply

Gabbard is a putin puppet
#23 | POSTED BY TOR AT 2020-03-06 03:32 PM
---

Gabbard's a veteran, she could probably whoop your delicate behind.

#27 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-03-06 03:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

These two are not mutually exclusive.

Ollie North is a veteran, yet he absolutely sold out our country to the Ayatollah Khomenini.
And for that, the right still considers him a hero.

#28 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 03:41 PM | Reply

"I'm guessing you've all seen the rolling stone article by now."

I have not, but I'm sure you know they are not going to be a well-received source when it comes to vagina politics.

#29 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 03:43 PM | Reply

I get the feeling that similar to 2016, Senator Warren will hold off on an endorsement until after the primary, or at least until the contest is pretty much sealed for one candidate or the other. Even though she has a lot in common with Bernie, she obviously takes exception to the treatment she and other women who have crossed Bernie have received from his more rabid supporters. I've been a victim of the same rabid supporters both among my friends and online. I left Twitter because it was a cesspool populated by rabid cultists for both Dotard and Bernie. Even asking a simple question, such as how does Bernie intend to pay for something, and show your work, gets you flamed. Honestly, comments Senator Warren made last night about being a Democrat are echoed by AOC today, that she will support whoever emerges from the primary fight. It almost sounds Elizabeth would prefer to support the Democrat, not the interloper.

I have one other comment about Karma. Had Bernie simply suspended his candidacy when he should have in 2016, once Hillary had earned the majority of delegates (without super delegates) necessary to secure the nomination prior to the convention and then wholeheartedly supported her and campaigned as hard for her as Hillary did from President Obama in 2008, a lot more Hillary voters would have been willing to look at Bernie this time around with goodwill. There are a lot of Dems like me who cannot forgive him for staying in the race as long as he did, weakening HRC as a candidate and then not fully and aggressively supporting her, which helped lead to her defeat. She couldn't move onto the general election battle against Drump until after the convention, which put her on her heels, while Dotard was the expected GOP nominee much ealer and had already begun campaigning against Hillary weeks before the GOP convention. If Bernie is the candidate this cycle, I will of course hold my nose and vote for him, but I'll be damned if he gets any of my money or my time. On the other hand, I will contribute to Vice President Biden's campaign and will volunteer to knock doors or phone bank for him.

#30 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-06 03:52 PM | Reply

I have not,

Just click on his username.

Scroll past all his misogynistic posts about Gabbard and all his attacks on Sanders and you'll find the link.

#31 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 03:52 PM | Reply

Here, let me help:

www.rollingstone.com

By the way, this article is from MAY 18, 2016.

But, it's Tor.

He's desperate for relevance.

#32 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 03:55 PM | Reply

"These two are not mutually exclusive.

And for that, the right still considers him a hero."

Benedict Arnold is the usual example.

Being a veteran greatly reduces the odds of treason but it doesn't guarantee it.

#33 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-06 04:03 PM | Reply

Yea Tor, Tulsi is a Russian agent because she called out Kamala Harris and Hillary Clinton.

You broke the code.

Congratulations, you're a fffking detective.

You're free to say all the mysoginitic shht you want.

#34 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 04:08 PM | Reply

I've wondered the same thing. The double-standards applied by Democrats to Bernie supporters for daring to actually pursue left policy are mind-boggling.

#35 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 04:13 PM | Reply

No, Tulsi's being supported by Russian bots, that's been obvious for a long time, especially during her dust-ups with Senator Harris. Russia was using her as a chaos agent to pressure candidates that they determined were the greatest threat to Dotard, starting with Senator Harris. Tulsi is also a regular on Faux Spews where she badmouths the Democratic party, demeans the process and poisons the well. Honestly, how is Tulsi still in the race? Who is supporting her? Russia? Small dollar donations from Russia would be almost impossible to trace. Russia is using her in a similar way to the way they're using Bernie, except that they would prefer that Bernie win the Dem nomination because they think he would be the easier candidate for Combover Quisling to beat. I'm sure Russia has a treasure trove of oppo research on Bernie beginning with his early visits to the Soviet Union, statements that seemingly endorse autocratic rulers, admissions to being a socialist, etc.

#36 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-06 04:19 PM | Reply

#30 | Posted by _Gunslinger

Ditto for me. We both voted for Sanders in 2016, but his actions after it was clear he wouldn't win soured us both on him.

Another thing that pisses me off is how he rails against the 'establishment' even though he never joined the Democratic Party after 2016 and gladly uses their infrastructure to run for president.

Added to that are the fact the only bills he was lead sponsor for were naming post offices and such. He does not play nice with others. He could have been an effective proponent for his policies - many of which I agree with - as a Democrat in the Senate, mobilizing his supporters into ACTION these past four years. Like calling for blowing up the phone lines of Trump sycophants in Congress.

Sanders seems to relish the role of 'insurgent' more than being an effective Senator/progressive.

#37 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 04:25 PM | Reply

POSTED BY _GUNSLINGER_ AT 2020-03-06 03:52 PM | REPLY

Oh puhlease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hillary didn't quit willingly in 2008. She was pushed to do so by the DNC establishment. They had to literal go to her and TELL HER to quit or else.

#38 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-06 04:27 PM | Reply

the only bills he was lead sponsor for were naming post offices and such

Weird, tell that to the veterans who enjoy expanded access to healthcare due to the landmark legislation he co-authored with John McCain. I guess that was just a bill to name post offices.

He does not play nice with others.

He passed more roll-call amendments during 15 years of Republican-controlled Congress than any other member.

So many anti-Sanders folks are so transparently uneducated about the guy, it really is pitiful.

#39 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 04:32 PM | Reply

www.politico.com

Clinton's refusal to quit in 2008 haunts her in 2016
While some allies want her to nudge Sanders out, others say he's only behaving like she did eight years ago.

By ANNIE KARNI 04/26/2016 10:55 PM EDT

#40 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-06 04:34 PM | Reply

#39 | Posted by JOE

My wife and I were both pro-Sanders ... until we learned more about him and saw him in action after it was clear he wouldn't win the 2016 nomination.

POLITICO:

Sanders had big ideas but little impact on Capitol Hill

Democrats who worked with the Vermont senator say he contributed to the debate, but rarely forged actual legislation or left a significant imprint on it.

#41 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 04:44 PM | Reply

There is story after story about how ineffective Sanders has been during his 29 years in Congress.

Maybe if he'd actually joined the Democratic Party - whose infrastructure he only uses to run for president - he'd have been able to leave more of a mark. Being a professional insurgent hasn't worked out well for him.

Don't get me wrong, JOE, I like a lot of his ideas, but his record of turning those ideas into reality is minute.

#42 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 04:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nicolle Wallace just hit it out of the park with this quote: "If Bernie wants to prove he can lead the whole country then he should be able to lead his own supporters within the campaign."

#43 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 04:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'd say the most telling bad sign for Bernie is he was doing better this time four years ago.

Populism is waning.

Populism got us Obama, which about 1/3 of the country hated.

Populism then got us Trump, which about 1/2 of the country hates.

People want to go back to bland, boring, healthy, effective oatmeal. Not this momentaty glitzy sugar high of unattainable promises.

#44 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 05:06 PM | Reply

#43That's just crap. How is he supposed to control random individuals who say they support him but may not? Trump doesn't control his supporters,no.prob. Hillary didn't control hers either. What's so special about Bernie that he has to control random individuals who claim to be supporters? Why are no other candidates held to the same standard?

#45 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-06 05:10 PM | Reply

Four years of negative hit pieces on Bernie by both the GOP and the DNC will do that.

Not to mention the increased fearmongering about the horrors of Socialism.

Yea. Bernie was doing better 4 years ago.

Because the corporate media hadn't had enough time to tarnish him yet.

#46 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 05:16 PM | Reply

#46 Regardless of the reasons, at least you can see ye olde handwriting on the wall.

Bernie can't win any more... barring Biden stroking out. And even then, Warren might get the nod.

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 05:19 PM | Reply

Except, Warren already dropped out and all this shht talking isn't doing her any favors.

Either way. I've been preparing myself for Trump's win in November.

The Democrats aren't going to win this.

#48 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 05:23 PM | Reply

AU #41 So no response to the substance of my post? You get shown to be talking out your ass and you just keep repeating the same nonsense? Get lost.

#49 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 05:28 PM | Reply

AU and Gunslinger seem upset at Bernie for Hillary's loss.

So, they aren't voting for Bernie.

But.

If it were Laura saying she wasn't going to vote for Biden, we'd have the usual suspects telling her to shut up and accusing her of voting for Trump.

Such weird double standards.

#50 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 05:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If true, at least you know the Dems won't learn anything from it.

#51 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-03-06 05:33 PM | Reply

Such weird double standards.

#50 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK AT 2020-03-06 05:32 PM | REPLY |

I KNOW RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMMFAO

#52 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-06 05:34 PM | Reply

I think this will be the last election of the old school Democrat.

If this loss doesn't open their eyes.

Then we're going to be stuck with a Republican controlled federal government for the rest of our lives.

#53 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 05:35 PM | Reply

All of you Bernie backers keep missing the forest for the trees. The vast majority of people voting in the Democratic primaries have no earthly idea which candidate stands for what as it refers to the issues. You folks are what I term as engaged, issues dominate your field of vision. I live, work, and interact with middle Americans who only know the broad strokes, not the fine line.

And for those of my age and life experience, who proposes what policy doesn't matter one whit when from the beginning only one person can EVER become a party's nominee at the end of the day! That means that every other candidate - many with great ideas - either have their ideas adopted by the nominee/party or they don't.

This isn't a conspiracy against any one person, it's political reality. People are voting for Biden because they believe that he is the best vessel for achieving their most important goal: defeating Donald Trump. Biden hasn't articulated one detailed plan to implement anything other than to protect and improve Obamacare. He has said from day one I CAN BEAT TRUMP and not much else. People know who Biden is, warts, decline and all, and they're moving in his direction for the reason I noted. It isn't because Sanders has bad ideas, it's because they feel Sanders is not the person they think their neighbors and friends will vote for against Trump. Looking at the cross tabs of Biden's support, the people are right, Biden is drawing the same voters that propelled the 2018 blue wave. Bernie isn't.

Most voters have no idea what a "Bernie bro" even is, much less of what happens on Twitter. They know that Joe Biden was Obama's Vice President and did a pretty good job in that position. He cares about people and expresses genuine emotion, including the key emotion of remorse. Perhaps Bernie can still see his vision enacted by leading the charge in the Senate should he be defeated for the nomination. But please stop bashing voters who aren't as engaged in issue politics as you are. It's not a crime to make your choice on feelings instead of spreadsheets. The main change that Democratic voters absolutely want is Donald Trump gone. That is Biden's main appeal to these voters, imo.

#54 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 06:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We need a Dem House, Senate, and president to get anything done.

Biden is the more likely candidate to make that happen.

Bernie rubs his own colleagues the wrong way. Subsequently, he hasn't been able to get much of anything done after 29 years in Congress. Voters aren't responding to his message.

This election is about removing Trump from office.

#55 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 06:19 PM | Reply

" This election is about removing Trump from office."

The poor and increasingly struggling working class appreciate your singular purpose.

#56 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-03-06 06:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

JOE & OTHER BERNIE FANS:

I gave the reasons I didn't vote for him Sanders this time. I did not attack you personally.

You are free to vote for whoever you'd like to. I did. Millions of others have and will as well.

Being an assshole won't change anyone's mind.

#57 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 06:35 PM | Reply

#53 if we don't ALL support the eventual Democratic nominee, and Dotard wins and gets at least two more SCOTUS picks and continues to pack the federal bench with young, unqualified, political hacks, we will never get our country back. With the courts so packed with Drumpf sycophants no progressive legislation will EVER stand up to a court challenge, including M4A. The GOP is already a minority party (fewer votes cast for the GOP for house seats and senate seats and for POTUS, and getting worse every cycle) but courts are the way the anti-democratic Rethugs plan to retain power long after they are no longer an electoral alternative for anybody. If for nothing else, the courts are on the line, and I've not heard Bernie say word one about that. I know Joe has promised to appoint an AA woman to SCOTUS, likely to replace RBG.

#58 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-06 06:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

#56 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine

Unless Trump is defeated, the struggling working class can only expect things to get worse.

Before any progress can be made, we have to stop regressing as we are under Trump.

I've been a liberal (now called a 'progressive') my entire voting life. I've volunteered for and donated to every Dem presidential candidate since before I was old enough to vote.

So, I'll just scoff at anyone preaching to me. Pragmatism says the #1 priority this election is removing Trump from office. Biden seems the best chance to elect more Dems to Congress. He'll sign any progressive legislation that makes its way to his desk, and he's been a champion of blue collar workers his entire career as a politician.

Don't preach to me about ideology. I've been involved in furthering the cause of the middle class my entire adult life.

#59 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 06:41 PM | Reply

"All of you Bernie backers keep missing the forest for the trees."

As they say in sales, if you aim for the stars, you might just reach the moon.
It's understood this means you take the moon's business, even though it's not as much you were hoping for.
Because low volume sales is better than no volume sales.

Bernie isn't a pacifier that can be inserted into Laura's mouth, but Laura sure acts like it.

#60 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 06:43 PM | Reply

POSTED BY _GUNSLINGER_ AT 2020-03-06 06:40 PM | REPLY

We won't get our country back by nominating Joe Biden. He won't win and when he doesn't you know who will get the blame here. Moi that's who. I've seen the script(Snoofy) before and I know how it will turn out. Mark MY Words.

#61 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-06 06:44 PM | Reply

" I've seen the script(Snoofy) before and I know how it will turn out. "

Have you seen the GOP script, the one where you don't get to use public bathrooms, and women don't get to use abortion clinics?

#62 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 06:46 PM | Reply

#61 | Posted by LauraMohr

Are you thinking that someone who can't get a winning total of Dem votes is going to magically win the WH?

#63 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 06:49 PM | Reply

-- I've been involved in furthering the cause of the middle class my entire adult life.

#59 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY

Well aren't you virtuous.

#64 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-03-06 06:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#58 | Posted by _Gunslinger

Bingo

#65 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 06:51 PM | Reply

Then why are more of them voting for Biden instead of Sanders? Gunslinger makes salient points. Policies are not going to magically become enacted nor upheld against a hostile judicial system. Democrats have to retake control of elected federal government and change its direction. Once that happens, all the other problems and issues can and will be dealt with.

Why is there this notion that unless Biden has detailed plans our most pressing problems won't be addressed? To me - and most I think - doing what needs to be done is a given, and it will take everyone to make that happen, not just a President with plans. One of the biggest problems with Trump is that he believes that he himself can know and do everything. Why in the world would Democrats want a President who actually believes he alone has all the right answers before engaging everyone within his allies to steward politically feasible legislation that will actually pass Congress and hostile court challenges, leading to actual change that's sorely needed?

#66 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 06:51 PM | Reply

Then why are more of them voting for Biden instead of Sanders?

Fearmongering.

4 years of it.

#67 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 06:55 PM | Reply

Fearmongering.

4 years of it.

#67 | Posted by ClownShack

Fear of 4 more years of Trump.

The places Dems need to win to take back the WH aren't in liberal bastions like CA, where the Dem will win handily.

They're in places like the middle of PA ... where Biden is widely known and popular.

#68 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 07:03 PM | Reply

*passes popcorn to Nulli*

#69 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-03-06 07:03 PM | Reply

Rotten and, in its own way, corrupt as the Weimar Republic may have been, it was infinitely superior and unquestionably to be preferred to the Third Reich. Joe Biden may not be as progressive as you want, but he will never downplay the severity of coronavirus. He will never tell you that "a lot of people are saying" there's really nothing to global warming. He will never believe Vladimir Putin over his own intelligence agencies. He will never put an American citizen's life at risk by excoriating them on twitter.

Let me spell it out for you in plain English. If you are a Bernie Sanders supporter and Bernie doesn't get the nomination and you decide to retaliate by staying home and not voting, or you decide to vote for Trump instead, then you are stupid. Unfortunately, many people wouldn't vote for a nominated Bernie no matter what. They're stupid too. Of course, I and others like me would vote for Bernie if he should get the nomination because we aren't stupid. You are. Robert Harrington

This.

#70 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 07:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

BTW, I'm Blue No Matter Who

If Sanders is the nominee I'll be voting for him. No matter what.

#71 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 07:05 PM | Reply

"Then why are more of them voting for Biden instead of Sanders?"

Because they want to pull off at the nearest Cracker Barrel and take a break from all this relentless identity politics --------, from Bernie Bros and Deplorables.

Because they don't want us flip a bitch on the interstate, wind it out to 88 MPH, and hope the crazy old man has 1.21 Gigawatts of green energy lined up.

How is this not blisteringly obvious to people? I thought this was a political discussion site.

#72 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 07:05 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

passes popcorn to Nulli

Just blow him already.

#73 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 07:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Jeeze, what a tepid endorsement.

#74 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 07:16 PM | Reply

I guess I'm that old man because I don't understand any of what that means, lol.

Damn whippersnappers trying to take over everything. I've got your "Ok Boomer" right here Buster! ;^)

#75 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 07:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

It's a reference to Back To The Future.
www.youtube.com

#76 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 07:32 PM | Reply

""Joe Biden isn't Trump and his heart is still beating" would be just as enthralling a recommendation."

Yeah, if government isn't exciting enough, ratings might go down, and Uncle Sam will lose advertisers!

What exactly is it you expect government to deliver unto you, a tingle up your leg?
Because I'm in it for boring stuff like making sure the weights and measures are accurate, water is clean, and potholes eventually get fixed.

#77 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 07:36 PM | Reply

See? I AM that old guy. Never watched any of the BTF movies though I love Christopher Lloyd. Buckaroo Banzai is an underrated classic though. Lloyd was good, but Lithgow was otherworldly.

Okay, the early bird specials are finished, so let me go watch Matlock.

Ciao.

#78 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-06 07:36 PM | Reply

If that was what I was looking for perhaps Joe Biden's creepy embraces and unwelcomed sniffing would provide me with such a bone chilling tingle up my spine.

#79 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 07:42 PM | Reply

I gave the reasons I didn't vote for him Sanders this time.

That's cool. But when your "reasons" consist of an attack on him that has no basis in fact, i'm going to correct you, if for no other reason than that someone else who might still have a functioning brain cell might be reading your claim that Bernie never did anything but name post offices and wondering if it's actually true. That's not "being an -------," it's called correcting the record.

#80 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 08:03 PM | Reply

#72 That you actually equate the politics of Sanders and Trump is astounding.

One of them demonizes non-whites, runs the entire government in bad faith, stokes racial violence, and is a pathological liar.

The other guy wants to give people healthcare and make the country liveable for your grandkids.

But yeah, it's all just identity politics and BS.

#81 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 08:07 PM | Reply

The movie is set in its contemporary 80s, when the crazy old man Doc takes a young Marty McFly back in time to the 50s.
You would probably pick up on a few cultural references that I was too young to catch.

Anyway, the point is, Sanders is Doc to his young McFly supporters.

#82 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 08:07 PM | Reply

Sanders is Doc to his young McFly supporters.

Trump is Biff Tannen.

#83 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 08:23 PM | Reply

I gave more than one reason why I'm not supporting Sanders this time.

BTW, there are numerous factual articles about how little Sanders has accomplished in Congress the past 29 years. Anyone can read them. I did. If he'd been a Democrat when he wasn't running for president he'd have probably been able to get a lot more done.

Look, I understand you're all in for Bernie. Good for you. I respect your right to vote for whoever you want to. The majority of Democrat primary voters have voted for someone else. That's democracy.

#84 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 08:46 PM | Reply

Trump getting elected was democracy too. That doesn't insulate his supporters from criticism.

Biden would be better than Trump, but he has admitted he would essentially be a status quo president who would hardly change a thing other than not being a flailing --------. And that's simply not good enough, even if it might turn out ok for you and me.

#85 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 08:54 PM | Reply

And i don't think Sanders is perfect by any stretch. I wish there were a candidate with his progressive bona fides who was 20 years younger and loved by everyone. That person doesn't exist, apparently.

#86 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 08:55 PM | Reply

Hang in there, JOE

Demographic changes will eventually lead to everything we're hoping will come to America.

First step is getting Trump out of office before he can do more damage to our institutions, appoint more SC justices, or pack the federal courts beyond the 25% of seats he's been able to fill with largely unqualified Federalist Society right wingers ... who can overturn legislation we aspire to see enacted.

#87 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 09:10 PM | Reply

Not good enough.

I'm about halfway through my lifespan watching people like Biden just barely keep the system running.

I'm not accepting that anymore. You shouldn't either.

#88 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-06 09:12 PM | Reply

Get used to it, joe. The country is NOT going to elect a communist.

#89 | Posted by willowby at 2020-03-06 09:19 PM | Reply

With that attitude you'll get another four years of Trump, JOE. The opposite of anything you stand for.

#90 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-06 09:23 PM | Reply

The country is NOT going to elect a communist.
#89 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

Thank God McCarthy killed them all.

#91 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 09:24 PM | Reply

"And that's simply not good enough, even if it might turn out ok for you and me."

True, but if the 2nd through 8th fastest runners in the world simply sit it out because there's no freaking way they can beat Usain Bolt -- especially after he becomes a woman, since that's always a popular topic around here -- it kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Pull the lever for Biden and then report to The Wall for labor duty, liberal.

#92 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 09:26 PM | Reply

When I talk about voting for Biden, I mean in November. I keep thinking the primary is over, since my primary was on Super Tuesday. I was genuinely surprised at how super it was for Joe Biden. While mathematically I won't say Sanders is an impossibility, it's very much not going to happen as things stand.

But who knows, maybe Trump will get his cronies to bring down Biden with enough attacks that regular Democrats shift to Sanders. I see that about as likely as Bernie or Bust Bros going for Biden.

#93 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 09:32 PM | Reply

"91

During that time, Bernie was too young to realize he would become a communist.

#94 | Posted by willowby at 2020-03-06 09:38 PM | Reply

#79 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Yeah.
About that.
Turns out you don't get to vote against that this time 'round.
Just the degree to which either candidate will wield their power to sneak a treat from someone else's cookie jar

Is this the culmination of your interest in politics? Draining the swamp of those Inside-the-Beltway Seat Sniffers?

#95 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-06 09:44 PM | Reply

Considering Hillary had 3 million more votes than Trump...if Biden wins the nomination he will need moderates and liberals to show up to vote in the general election.
Maybe he should be looking for ways to unite and excite the party instead of calling Bernie supporters radicals and creating more division.
When I hear that supporting healthcare for all, taxing the rich and bringing our troops home makes me a radical... makes me think maybe neither party represents me anymore.

#96 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-03-06 09:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Bernie was too young to realize he would become a communist.

One doesn't simply become a communist. You're born that way.

It's like being a ginger, or left handed.

All are marks of the devil.

#97 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 10:31 PM | Reply

neither party represents me anymore.

They don't.

One party represents the right.

And the other party represents the batshht crazy right.

There hasn't been a liberal president in my lifetime.

#98 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-06 10:38 PM | Reply

{citation missing}

#99 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-06 11:15 PM | Reply

One party represents the right.

And the other party represents the batshht crazy right.

There hasn't been a liberal president in my lifetime.

#98 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

Jesus. What is the left to you? Communism?

It was to the right of where the GOP is now.

#100 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-06 11:22 PM | Reply

OK, he was born that way. I'll take your word for it.

#101 | Posted by willowby at 2020-03-06 11:28 PM | Reply

The left is dead in the US. It has been for years. Nancy Pelosi Is kind of right wing about the military,and totally right wing about health care.
Mainstream Dems are corrupted by "money as speech" as much as the rethugs. The rich buy whatever policies they need but regular people get nothing.
Trump took the cover off the corruption. But the rot was already there. Expecting services from the gov. for regular people is kind of dumb given that the gov. is a vehicle.for the rich to set social policy.
If the poor, God forbid, were to make policy,my goodness what mess that would be. They might actually want services that benefit more than .01 Percent of the population.

#102 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-07 12:55 AM | Reply

Bernie Bros support violence and intimidation. They are becoming terrorists.

#103 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-07 01:21 AM | Reply

Go back to your Avenger cartoons Bruce.. you sound like a an idiot.

#104 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-03-07 02:51 AM | Reply

Bernie Bros support violence and intimidation. They are becoming terrorists.
#103 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

You post garbage threads and make garbage comments. You're a regular Deplorable, like the rest of your Trumpublican brethren.

#105 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-07 03:19 AM | Reply

Bernie bots are almost as bad as the thinskinners... the ballless bot wimps need to own getting Trumplethinskin elected.

#106 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-03-07 04:30 AM | Reply

#106 | POSTED BY RIGHTISTRITE

Were you channeling Trump when you wrote that nonsense?

There isn't an intelligible thought in that entire angry mess of a post.

Why are Biden supporters so angry?

Sleepy Joe is in trouble.

#107 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-07 04:37 AM | Reply

Whaaaaa. Listen to the snowflakes whine!

Better to have Bernies organized nastiness than Trumpy's disorganized nastiness.

Any day of the week. And twice on Sunday.

#108 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-07 04:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

With that attitude you'll get another four years of Trump

Nominating a corporate owned centrist got us 4 years of Trump. You have zero evidence that my attitude will get us 4 years of Trump.

#109 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-07 06:38 AM | Reply

#100 Look at what the left is in the rest of the western world if you really don't get it.

#110 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-07 06:40 AM | Reply

"Bernie Bros support violence and intimidation. They are becoming terrorists."
#103 | POSTED BY REINHEITSGEBANNER

#111 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-03-07 08:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#110 | POSTED BY JOE

The US is not the rest of the Western world.

I'm basing my observation on the evolution of politics at the governing level as well as the cultural level.

#112 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-07 11:48 AM | Reply

Gabbard's a veteran, she could probably whoop your delicate behind.

#27 | POSTED BY LIVE_OR_DIE

She surfs and has a hell of a workout routine. She could ---- some people up.

#113 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-07 11:58 AM | Reply

--"Bernie Bros support violence and intimidation. They are becoming terrorists."

That's rich coming from an apologist for antifa black shirts.

#114 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-03-07 12:17 PM | Reply

The US is not the rest of the Western world.

So what? Doesn't change the fact that "the left" in the US is center or right of center in comparable world powers.

nationalizing most of the economy

Nice strawman, moron. I don't support that and neither does any candidate for president.

#115 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-07 01:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't support that and neither does any candidate for president.

#115 | POSTED BY JOE

Just healthcare and energy. Maybe banking too.

#116 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-07 01:25 PM | Reply

"Seriously, go look up the planks of the Democratic Party when Bill Clinton was president."

I looked.
It ain't leftist.
www.presidency.ucsb.edu

We will make the R&D tax credit permanent
reform entitlement programs to control soaring health care costs; cut federal administrative costs by 3 percent annually for four years
apply a strict "pay as you go" rule to new non-investment spending
We will act against sexual harassment in the workplace.
We will honor the work ethic"by expanding the earned income tax credit so no one with children at home who works full-time is still in poverty.
We oppose the Bush Administration's efforts to bankrupt the public school system"the bedrock of democracy"through private school vouchers

#117 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-07 01:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"It's funny that anything short of nationalizing most of the economy is considered right wing by some of you."

Is capitalism right wing?
Is socialism left wing?

#118 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-07 01:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It was to the right of where the GOP is now.
#100 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

^
You gonna back that up?

#119 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-07 01:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Remember, remember, it's all about November!"

#120 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-07 02:25 PM | Reply

#112 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

If it weren't for strawmen and Trolling, Jeff wouldn't have anything but cooking to share with the us.

#121 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-07 03:19 PM | Reply

It was to the right of where the GOP is now.
#100 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

You gonna back that up?
#119 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

He's got nothing to back up.

It was obvious he was lying when he posted it. His CDS is always at 100.

#122 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-07 03:20 PM | Reply

Clinton Dem Party Platform:

"Now we must move forward, and we know the course we must follow. We need a smaller, more effective, more efficient, less bureaucratic government that reflects our time-honored values. The American people do not want big government solutions and they do not want empty promises. They want a government that is for them, not against them; that doesn't interfere with their lives but enhances their quality of life. They want a course that is reasonable, help that is realistic, and solutions that can be delivered -- a moderate, achievable, common-sense agenda that will improve people's daily lives and not increase the size of government."

"Today's Democratic Party knows that the private sector is the engine of economic growth, and we fought to put America's economic house in order so private business could prosper. We worked to tap the full potential of a new global economy through open and fair trade."

"Today's Democratic Party believes that all children should have the opportunity and the education to make the most of their own lives. We believe that schools should be run by teachers and principals, not by Washington."

"Today's Democratic Party is committed to targeted tax cuts that help working Americans invest in their future, and we insist that any tax cuts are completely paid for, because we are determined to balance the budget."

"In the last four years, the Clinton-Gore Administration has signed over 200 trade agreements, including NAFTA and GATT, to open markets around the world to American products, and create more jobs for the people who make them here at home. We have put in place the most sweeping agreements to lower foreign trade barriers of any administration in modern American history, including over 20 such agreements with Japan alone -- and American exports to Japan in the sectors covered by those agreements have increased by 85 percent. All over the world, barriers to American products have come down, exports are at an all time high -- and we have created over one million high-paying export-related jobs."

"Today's Democratic Party also believes we must remain a nation of laws. We cannot tolerate illegal immigration and we must stop it. For years before Bill Clinton became President, Washington talked tough but failed to act. In 1992, our borders might as well not have existed. The border was under-patrolled, and what patrols there were, were under-equipped. Drugs flowed freely. Illegal immigration was rampant. Criminal immigrants, deported after committing crimes in America, returned the very next day to commit crimes again.

President Clinton is making our border a place where the law is respected and drugs and illegal immigrants are turned away. We have increased the Border Patrol by over 40 percent; in El Paso, our Border Patrol agents are so close together they can see each other. Last year alone, the Clinton Administration removed thousands of illegal workers from jobs across the country. Just since January of 1995, we have arrested more than 1,700 criminal aliens and prosecuted them on federal felony charges because they returned to America after having been deported."

#123 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-03-08 10:23 AM | Reply

1990s Clinton has not much in common with 2020 Democrats.

#124 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-03-08 10:24 AM | Reply

1990s Clinton has not much in common with 2020 Democrats.

#124 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG

#125 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-08 12:06 PM | Reply

Literally nothing in Sitz post is in the 2016 Democratic Platform.

democrats.org

#126 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-08 12:17 PM | Reply

Literally nothing in Sitz post is in the 2016 Democratic Platform.
democrats.org

#126 | POSTED BY YAV

I know. That is the whole point. Those planks were Clinton-era planks. It's amazing how far left the Democratic Party has moved since Clinton and yet, we have people on this site like Joe and Clownshack who proclaim the Democratic Party today is to the right of Barry Goldwater. That crap in completely untethered to reality.

#127 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-08 12:24 PM | Reply

As of the official updated voting tally right now, posted by Google, Sanders is now only 7.3 points ahead of Biden in California. This is remarkable. Going into Tuesday, most pundits were debating whether Biden would even get enough votes in the state to meet the minimum threshold and get any delegates. As the tally currently stands, Sanders has only gained thirty-six more delegates than Biden in California " standing in sharp contrast to the narrative that Sanders could win all four hundred California delegates.

The votes are still being counted, and based on the California primary's recent track record, it could take a long time to get a final margin of victory and final delegate count out of the state. But it's clear that the last minute mail-in votes in California, which came after Biden won South Carolina and gained the endorsements of Buttigieg and Klobuchar, are trending in Biden's favor. There still appears to be no path for Biden to win the state " but the final margin could end up being even smaller than the current seven points. So much for a blowout.

The VOTERS are making their preference known rather clearly, as it should be. Sanders has no one but himself to blame for the fact the nomination is decisively moving away from him and toward Joe Biden.

2018's Blue Wave demographics are choosing Joe Biden and that bodes quite well for Democrats all over the nation regardless of their individual positions within the progressive spectrum. If Bernie can turn the tide back into his favor, then he will be advantaged by the trending. But make no mistake that it was the voters choosing Bernie independent of any establishment-created momentum over the last 8 days.

#128 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-08 01:07 PM | Reply

But make no mistake that it was the voters choosing BIDEN independent of any establishment-created momentum over the last 8 days.

#129 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-08 01:21 PM | Reply

I'd say his policies have virtually nothing in common with 2020 Democrats and your #123 effectively killed the thread. Jeez, those planks are reviled by today's Democratic Party."

Huh?
They're virtually identical.
There's noting in #123 Joe Biden couldn't find a way to support. Even Bernie could stomach most of it.

You guys see the Democrats only as reflected through a Fox News fun house mirror.

#130 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:12 PM | Reply

So for example, this plank:

""Now we must move forward, and we know the course we must follow. We need a smaller, more effective, more efficient, less bureaucratic government that reflects our time-honored values."

This still stands. The largest governmetn expansion since FDR was done by who? Hint: Not the Democrats.

This still stands. Who bungled up free trade with tariffs? Hint: Not the Democrats.

This still stands. Who wants to run a voucher program and cram it down teachers and principals throats, from Washington? Hint: Not the Democrats.

""Today's Democratic Party believes we have a duty to preserve God's earth and American quality of life for future generations. We are committed to reform, so we protect our environment but we do not trap business in a tangle of red tape."

This still stands. Who wants to roll back clean air, clean water, and California emissions: Hint: Not the Democrats.

I'll stop here, since you guys are just going to regurgitate more right-wing talking point no matter what I say.

#131 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:23 PM | Reply

They're virtually identical. #130 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

We believe that schools should be run by teachers and principals, not by Washington." - Opposed by today's Democratic party. Common Core anyone?

We need a smaller, more effective, more efficient, less bureaucratic government that reflects our time-honored values....a moderate, achievable, common-sense agenda that will improve people's daily lives and not increase the size of government." - Vehemently opposed by today's Democratic Party.

so we protect our environment but we do not trap business in a tangle of red tape." - opposed by today's Democratic Party.

because we are determined to balance the budget." - Opposed by today's Democratic Party. In fairness, opposed by the GOP as well.

200 trade agreements, including NAFTA and GATT, to open markets around the world to American products Opposed by both the Democratic Party and Trump - they found common ground on something, even though it was by accident.

We cannot tolerate illegal immigration and we must stop it. - Today's Democratic Party is all about sanctuary cities, free health care for illegal aliens and decriminalizing border entry.

making our border a place where the law is respected and drugs and illegal immigrants are turned away. We have increased the Border Patrol by over 40 percent - today's Democratic Party wants to abolish ICE.

They are diametrically-opposed, Snoofy.

Then we can throw this in: "Abortions need to be safe, legal and rare.

#132 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-08 02:24 PM | Reply

How?
Which current policy plank is the one that says "we trap business in a tangle of red tape?"
???

#133 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:25 PM | Reply

???

#133 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

They are not going to come out and say it - they aren't stupid. Actions speak louder than words and the Obama administrations EPA ran rampant between colluding with environmental groups via sue and settle to fining the ---- out of people for having the temerity to construct a man-made pond on their private property.

#134 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-08 02:27 PM | Reply

"We have increased the Border Patrol by over 40 percent - today's Democratic Party wants to abolish ICE."

Those are two different things.
You can support Border Patrol... without wanting vast expansion of Federal government and creation of a new Department of Homeland Security bureaucracy at the Cabinet level.

You used to be able to do that, too.
Until the Republican expansion of Federal government and creation of a new Department of Homeland Security bureaucracy at the Cabinet level.
Then, you decided the expansion of Federal government and creation of a new Department of Homeland Security bureaucracy at the Cabinet level is right as rain.

#135 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:28 PM | Reply

"They are not going to come out and say it"

^
Notice that you're talking about yourself.

#136 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:28 PM | Reply

"Actions speak louder than words and the Obama administrations EPA ran rampant between colluding with environmental groups via sue and settle to fining the ---- out of people for having the temerity to construct a man-made pond on their private property."

^
These aren't even examples of saddling business with red tape!
But if they are, then literally any policy of government regulation is a policy to saddle businesses with red tape.

#137 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:33 PM | Reply

"fining the ---- out of people for having the temerity to construct a man-made pond on their private property."

You act like he wasn't diverting a creek that extends beyond his property.
If he had provided his own water, nobody would care, because it's legal to build a swimming pool.

#138 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-08 02:36 PM | Reply