Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Filmmaker Micheal Moore predicted on MSNBC there "will be an anti-Biden sentiment" if former Vice President Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee. The liberal activist added that people on the left wouldn't view it "as real change."

Moore said that the people in his home state of Michigan have felt ignored for a long time by Democrats. He then pointed to the Flint water crisis not being addressed, from his perspective, adequately by the current Democratic governor.

"Should Biden be the nominee, I don't think it will be the same anti-Hillary sentiment, but there will be an anti-Biden sentiment," Moore said.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

"Not so much because of himself personally but because people don't see this as real change. And people have been told for way too long, especially people who are struggling to live from paycheck to paycheck, that things are going to get better and the Democrats are going to come in and save us," he added.

"We were told that in Flint with the water crisis that things will be turned around. And it didn't happen. We begged the Obama-Biden administration for almost two years to please send in the Army Corps of Engineers to dig up the poison pipes and replace them. And we couldn't get anywhere with that," he continued. "Now we have a Democratic governor who " the level of frustration, it's hard to explain this."

Comments

Moore predicted Trump's win, I don't think what he has to say here should be disregarded.

#1 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2020-03-11 05:33 PM | Reply

Another "Mohr" who understands me.

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-11 05:34 PM | Reply

Another "Mohr" who understands me.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-11 05:34 PM | Reply

Another "Mohr" who understands me.

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-11 05:34 PM | Reply

It's nice to be understood.

It's nice to be understood.

It's nice to be understood.

#5 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-11 05:40 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Michael Moore is hitting the nail on its head. He's saying that with all that's going on, it was too much to ask of today's Democratic voters to vote for changing the system and getting rid of Trump at the same time. Voters are rightly scared, and getting rid of Trump is their priority.

It's not an anti-Bernie's policies vote, it's a get Trump the hell out of the White House prioritized vote. We can work on the policy once the main goal is achieved.

#138 | POSTED BY TONYROMA AT 2020-03-10 11:56 PM

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-11 05:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"If you want to pull the major party, that is closest to the way you're thinking, to the way you're thinking you must show them that you're capable of not voting for them. If you don't show them that you're capable of not voting for them they don't have to listen to you. I promise you that. I worked within the Democratic Party. I didn't listen to or have to listen to anything on the left while I was working in the Democratic Party because the left had nowhere to go."

- Lawrence O'Donnell

#7 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-03-11 05:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

- Lawrence O'Donnell

POSTED BY HAGBARD_CELINE AT 2020-03-11 05:58 PM | REPLY

It's what I've been saying for the past 4 plus years. Biden's not getting my vote.

#8 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-11 06:02 PM | Reply

- Lawrence O'Donnell

POSTED BY HAGBARD_CELINE AT 2020-03-11 05:58 PM | REPLY

#9 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-11 06:02 PM | Reply

- Biden's not getting my vote.

Trump appreciates your support.

- the left had nowhere to go

Were the left larger, they could be like the gorilla; where does he sleep? Anywhere he wants to.

If the left wants a bigger piece of the pie, the left needs to convince more people that their policies are better, which the are, rather than whine about how much werk it is to convince people.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-11 08:45 PM | Reply

- the left had nowhere to go
POSTED BY CORKY AT 2020-03-11 08:45 PM | REPLY

This lefty has plenty a place to go. That pisses people like you off. Oh well such is life.

#11 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-11 08:49 PM | Reply

"This lefty has plenty a place to go."

Going negative isn't going to get you any closer to your goals.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-11 09:01 PM | Reply

This lefty has plenty a place to go.

Moving to a swing state?

#13 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-03-11 09:11 PM | Reply

Jill Stein is running again?

#14 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-11 09:38 PM | Reply

#12 Ask Trump about that, he's real negative and reached his goals. War seems negative, we worship the military. Debt is definitely negative, our whole economy and monetary system is built on it.

I'm not sure what you mean?

#15 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-11 11:39 PM | Reply

"#12 Ask Trump about that, he's real negative and reached his goals."

He also worked through the system to get there.

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-11 11:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Laura's not going to get closer to her goals by voting third party, or by staying home.

POSTED BY SNOOFY'

Anyone who votes third party or any party gets closer to their goals. But a person owned by the Democrats or Republicans will never understand

Did you vote for Hillary in '16? Ig yes, why did you waste your vote? She was no more elected than my ballot choice -- Gary Johnson. Yet people tell me I wasted my vote when they, if they voted for Hillary, also wasted theirs.

#17 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-11 11:47 PM | Reply

"Anyone who votes third party or any party gets closer to their goals."

They do?
Show me the progress.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-11 11:49 PM | Reply

"yes, why did you waste your vote? She was no more elected than my ballot choice"

Well, she got all the EC votes in my state.
How'd Johnson do, in your state? Or any state?

Show. Me. The. Progress!

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-11 11:55 PM | Reply

"How'd Johnson do, in your state? Or any state?
Show. Me. The. Progress!

POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Not very well. Like your vote, mine was "wasted" (as per people who don't understand the art of voting and how our founding fathers wanted it to be used) since Gary didn't win either. BFD that Hillary took your state. Did she get the big Kahuna?

#20 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-12 12:10 AM | Reply

"BFD that Hillary took your state. Did she get the big Kahuna?"

No, but Democrats have come in 1st or 2nd every time.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
This is the problem with two party politics, it eventually becomes pretty easy to game the system, much in the way a hedge fund manager does with the assets under his or her management.

As the saying goes, the game is rigged, but it's the only game in town.

And that's why real change -- call it Trump, call it Obama, almost called it Hillary -- comes from within.

Last outside candidate to stand a chance was Eugene V Debs, and he makes Bernie Sanders look like Joe Biden.

I don't like the two party system, I merely recognize it's a two party system, and especially in this age the power they have is so entrenched, third parties can't make meaningful inroads. The fix for this is getting money out of politics; it's not something we get to vote on, we have to achieve it in some other fashion. It doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen, since the party that fought to open the floodgates won. Foreign money -- being fungible with domestic money, because it's money -- can't effectively be policed out of paid political speech, which violates both the letter and the spirit of the Constitution; not that any Branch of government exerts any effort to do so. But I digress.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-12 01:45 AM | Reply

- Lawrence O'Donnell

Link?

#22 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-03-12 11:34 AM | Reply

"There's always an excuse. Then when (?) Biden is president the excuse will be that anything more than a nod to the left will threaten the election chances of candidates in purple districts."

I wonder how they would answer about universal healthcare now that the Coronavirus has arrived? Ask them, "do we need another aircraft carrier?"
I suspect that their answer today would be different from their answer 30 days ago and probably different than their answer 60 days farther into the future. The whole reason for conservatives to hold power is undermined when the population is more threatened by a virus than by an enemy from abroad and it is becoming increasingly clear they cannot keep the population safe today.
I believe we are in for a major shift in politics due to this pandemic.

#23 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-12 11:38 AM | Reply

Moore/Mohr of the same thing...

#24 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-03-12 01:27 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

Hilarious. Your platform is failing to garner enough votes to win a primary but there's plenty of places to go and you're the most supporter and enthusiastic group running right now! You just know it!

Time to wake up, Laura.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-12 01:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm so thrilled that I make you laugh jpw. Laughter is great medicine.

#26 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-12 02:08 PM | Reply

Biden is not a strong candidate but he doesn't carry the same degree of baggage that Hillary Clinton carried (and still carries).

#27 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-12 02:21 PM | Reply

Michael Moore is a great person to get advice from. Try his fitness guide next.

#28 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-12 05:21 PM | Reply

Michael Moore is a great person to get advice from. Try his fitness guide next.

#28 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

to his credit, I recently read that he's lost about 60 pounds. He's still a slob though.

#29 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-12 05:25 PM | Reply