Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Joe Biden defeated Bernie Sanders in Florida and Illinois, NBC News projected Tuesday, opening up a nearly insurmountable delegate lead. ... In Ohio, polls were ordered closed as a public health measure after a judge declined the governor's request to postpone the election. Primary contests in Illinois, Arizona and Florida went ahead Tuesday as scheduled, with results in Arizona still to come.

Comments

"Polls and 2016 primary results suggest former Vice President Joe Biden is the heavy favorite over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders across Tuesday's map. If he sweeps all three primaries, he could lock in an insurmountable lead, all but clinching the party's presidential nomination.

The crisis has added a degree of unpredictability, though, to the contests. And with both candidates knocked off the trail in recent days, their campaigns are unsure what to expect.

Here are six things to watch in Tuesday's primaries:

Chaos in Ohio
Do voters show up?
Does Biden's coalition hold?
What signs does Sanders send?
Electability at the forefront
Future elections in question"

I wouldn't be surprised if FL and other states re-open mail-in ballot voting if the turnout is low enough not to be representative. In FL there are lots of polling places that refused to allow voting and people were directed to other polling stations.

As I mentioned the other day, I looked at Biden's 44 percent lead here as an opportunity to safely vote for Bernie without helping Trump; because electability, imnsho. But on the way to the polling place I started thinking I might should vote for Biden because it was going to be a lot of older people prolly not showing up (one thing about living at FL, even at my age your're not nearly among the really old!).

Didn't know what name I would mark when I went in, but I stuck with voting for Bernie, which I could not in good conscience do last time.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-17 06:26 PM | Reply

@Nate_Cohn :

In the AP projections, Sanders netted-108 delegates over Biden out of his wins in IA, NH, NV, CA, CO, UT, ND, VT
Nearly all of that will be canceled out by Biden's victory in Florida, alone

#2 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-03-17 07:30 PM | Reply

Biden up 38.2 percent in Florida with 61% reporting. This is a slaughter. And Bernie paid a lot of money to win Hispanics. I want to see how that went over.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-17 08:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"NBC News Primary Poll: Biden wins Florida with support from older, moderate and black voters

Joe Biden won Florida's Democratic primary Tuesday night with help from his core constituency: voters age 45 and older, black voters and voters who identify as moderate or conservative.

Biden also won 83 percent of voters who said the quality that matters most in a candidate is someone who can unite the country, according to an NBC News Primary Poll. The NBC News Decision Desk projected at 8 p.m. ET, when polls closed, that Biden would handily beat Bernie Sanders in the Florida primary.

Biden was also the clear favorite among Florida voters who oppose Medicare for All."

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-03-17 08:07 PM | Reply

O'Biden takes FLorida by a landslide.

#5 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-17 08:07 PM | Reply

#3 FF Sanders pissed away the Cuban vote when he praised Castro.

#6 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-17 08:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Governor of Wisconsin recommends absentee voting.

#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-17 08:11 PM | Reply

Obama Biden gonna sweep. Not even close.

#8 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-03-17 09:00 PM | Reply

It's a Bern-out.

#9 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-17 09:21 PM | Reply

Get the Coronavirus, go to the emergency room, even with good insurance, unless you're real rich, your best outcome is bankruptcy, your worst is death.
If America doesn't see the need for MforAll yet, they America needs mental health more than any other kind of healthcare.
Proud to say I voted for Bernie in the Florida primary and I would support an independent run for the Presidency by Bernie.
The stakes are too high with this Coronavirus stuff, we can't afford a moderate or a conservative. We need a radical, that would be Bernie.
If you are still dealing with politics as business as usual you haven't had the Corona virus, I think am having it but guess what, I can't know because there aren't enough tests to find out.
I do know I haven't been really sick for 30 years but now I am.
It's obvious Trump won't do what we need done to deal with this disease, but will Biden? Doubtful. I want Americans to have all the tests, treatments and drugs we need to defeat this disease. I don't see that happening without Sanders.
I am elderly but extremely healthy, I take no drugs regularly, and I have no health condition that would put me at risk, and I will probably be fine. That is the evaluation I got at a hospital ER yesterday but, guess what, the physician was angry that we brought the disease into the hospital before we were in an extreme life threatening situation which would require a respirator.
We need a President who would deal with this head on with all the resource of the federal government not some piece meal collaboration of corporations who all value profit over human life.
You think that is B.S. they try having the COVID.19 for a few days, you'll think differently when you do.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-17 09:30 PM | Reply

wow. 62% Biden, 23% Sanders in Florida. 94% reporting. Crazy.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-17 09:32 PM | Reply

The fix was in from day #1 to insure Bernie would never have the reigns of power. He is, and has been, a useful idiot. Or rather I say, his followers have been. They dangle him out there as a carrot because his followers are the loudest and most extreme and get the voting public excited. He talks about revolution, getting rid of billionaires by creating olagarchs, and sells it by saying it's always someone else who has to toe the line and pay the tab. But rest assured, the Democrat machine is about power and money. Not ideology or values. They will drop him where he stands before letting him screw up thier gig.

#12 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2020-03-17 09:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Get well soon Danni. I wished I had it instead of you. Love you dear heart.

#13 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-17 09:39 PM | Reply

Keep on the sunny side, Danni.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-17 09:41 PM | Reply

#10 Danni; both candidates believe that healthcare is a human right and they both want to cover 100% of Americans. The difference is the way they get there. M4A wouldn't even pass out of the Democratic House. A public option through Medicare WILL pass through the Dem house, and if the Dems win a sligth majority WILL pass at Dem Senate if they do away with the filibuster. That public option opens the door for M4A. Yes it's slower than Bernie's four year transition, but it still gets there. Don't forget, it also has to be SCOTUS proof, because you know the first to happen to M4A would be court challenges by red state AGs. A public option would more likely pass than would a complete government overhaul of 20% of the US economy. I heard Bernie's idea for passing M4A through the Senate and it sounded like pure fantasy.

#15 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-17 09:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

M4A will need to pass through a constitutional amendment. After what the Cons did to Obamacare, it's a given. No more band-aids.

#16 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-17 09:51 PM | Reply

"#3 FF Sanders pissed away the Cuban vote when he praised Castro."

Not really. Unlike most other Hispanics, Cubans have always leaned hard Republican, ever since Kennedy didn't follow through with the Bay of Pigs and use our muscle to fight their Civil War for them.

Exhibits A, B: Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-17 09:51 PM | Reply

Tell that to Bernie.

#18 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-17 09:55 PM | Reply

So Danni, sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope it's not this virus.

I have a moderate COPD diagnosis; it's incurable, but often manageable. A regular virus could kill me, though, and this one wouldn't think twice. I had an exam last week, everything fine, but since then I've coughed a few times and I rarely cough... so that let the fear start to creep around the corner of my mind.

But,, "Fear is the mind-killer."

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

- Frank Herbert, Dune

Also:

"Ocala-based company's drug to be tested as possible coronavirus treatment

AIM Immunotech's Ampligen drug, currently used to treat SARS, to be tested as possible treatment for coronavirus. "

www.news4jax.com

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-17 09:56 PM | Reply

And BIDEN WINS FLORIDA! Told ya!

Don't underestimate the power of minority vote, beehez!

Michelle Obama will be Biden's VP.

LANDSLIDE IN 2020

#20 | Posted by MisterCarajo at 2020-03-17 10:04 PM | Reply

- Michelle Obama will be Biden's VP.

I'm still holding out for Scarlett Johansson. Just sayin'.

#21 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-17 10:07 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2020-03-17 09:38 PM | Reply | Flag:

PURE BS! The fact is that the Progressive wing of the party only makes up about 35% Democratic of voters. They are young and they are loud, but they ARE NOT THE MAJORITY! The other 65% are more moderate, Obama Democrats. As long as Bernie could hold his 35% (which was obviously his ceiling) he looked good with three or four other candidates splitting the 65%. Once the moderates coalesced around Biden, it was over for Bernie. It's also obvious this cycle that a lot of Dem voters in 2016 cast anti-Hillary votes for Bernie. This year those anti-HRC voters don't have that same angst about Joe. I also wonder about how many GOP voters crossed over in the primary and voted for Bernie once it was obvous Drumpf was going to win their nomination just to sew chaos among the Democratic ranks. Bernie was also hurt when the DNC went away from so many anti-democratic caucuses. A caucus allows a loud minority to dominate a more passive majority. Bernie has been running for POTUS for four years. He obviously failed to fix his obvious problem with black voters. Another problem Bernie had was referring to any group or organizatio that did not support him as the "Democratic establishment." Planned Parenthood and the Human Rights Campaign supported the first woman to ever win a major party nomination, they are not the establishment. A lot of people who hold those organizations in very high esteem were offended by those comments. Combover Caligula also plays a major role in this race, as Dem voters aren't willing to take a chance that a crabby sounding septuagenarian Democratic Socialist can beat Drumpf with the future of democracy in this country, at least two SCOTUS seats and the rest of the federal courts up for grabs.

#22 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-17 10:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

www.healthline.com

Former Vice President Joe Biden's healthcare platform is defined through the lens of his former boss, President Barack Obama, with whom Biden worked to pass the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010.

Biden proposes a public health insurance option for Americans without private coverage.

Biden doesn't support Medicare for All, but does intend to initially maintain the Affordable Care Act and eventually expand its coverage.

Biden's plan proposes to "lower out-of-pocket costs for many people, but there would still be deductibles and copays that some people would no doubt find unaffordable," said Larry Levitt, the Kaiser Family Foundation's Executive Vice President for Health Policy. "It would certainly expand coverage but likely not get fully to universal insurance."

Bernie Sanders: Medicare for All " or nothing
Senator Bernie Sanders quickly became the poster child for universal healthcare after making it a tentpole of his 2016 run for president.

Thanks to Sanders, "Medicare-for-all has become one of the major litmus tests in the 2020 primary," notes the Washington Post, forcing every other Democratic candidate to address Medicare for All whether they wanted to or not.

Sanders' healthcare goals are direct: to "Create a Medicare for All, single-payer, national health insurance program to provide everyone in America with comprehensive healthcare coverage, free at the point of service."

He pledges to reform outsize healthcare costs and healthcare corruption in America, offering coverage to all, with "no networks, no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no surprise bills."

#23 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-17 10:10 PM | Reply

From the new thread link Rogers just put up....

"Biden appeals to Sanders supporters, discusses pandemic in somber victory speech

Biden, in a solemn online address to supporters, quietly welcomed his primary wins in Florida and Illinois by praising Sanders and explicitly reaching out to the Vermont senator's youthful supporters.

"To the young voters" who have gravitated toward Sanders, Biden said, "I hear you, I know what's at stake."

"Senator Sanders and I may disagree on tactics, but we share a common vision," Biden said, before listing off several policy priorities he said he shared with Sanders, including "affordable health care" and "tackling the existential challenge of climate change."

#24 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-17 10:13 PM | Reply

I am so comforted by posters but Please. let's be clear, I could not go to work, I probably do have the virus but I also do work in a place where my office is so isolated that I can honestly say I;m in isolation and if that isn't enough I can work from home.
But, I have to say, McConnell preventing legislation to pay people for being on sick leave? If that is how you want it then fine. Just realize the hamburger you eat, the drink you drink....could all be your death sentence. Considering that...wouldn't you want to pay them to stay home?

#25 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-17 10:22 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Best wishes, Danni.

#26 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-03-17 10:24 PM | Reply

Hoping the best for you, Danni.

#27 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-17 10:30 PM | Reply

"Biden said, before listing off several policy priorities he said he shared with Sanders, including "affordable health care" and "tackling the existential challenge of climate change.""

Perfectly encapsulated the argument, but the argument is about whether people who can't pay for health insurance should be covered. OK,l I get we don't like
freeloaders but what I don't get is that, when we know those freeloaders are serving us food we don't want them covered with healthcare.
We've been on lockdown for almost a week and we can order food for outside but how do we know they don't carry the virus?
We deal with people in all sorts of jobs that relate to taking care of disabled people though some of us have children, parents, friends that might have been compromised by this virus. OK, think about that, now who is going to take care of those disabled people who actually also have lives?

#28 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-17 10:32 PM | Reply

Let's be clear, I can't know if I have the virus unless I am willing to to the ER and say "I can't breath." I'm breathing fine, Yes I've been quite ill, but not to that extreme. But that is how hospital ER's are dealing with this. I've actually been there. The ER Physisican told me to go home and if I finally couldn't breathe come back and accept a respirator, otherwise stay home.
The physicians and nurses fear us showing up unnecessarily.
I get that, I won't do it again.

#29 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-17 10:42 PM | Reply

When Ted Kennedy was running, it was said, "He's not John, but a Kennedy is better than no Kennedy."

Biden is not Obama, but close enough. If we get Michelle as VP, it'll be a landslide win over Trump.

Hispanics and blacks don't care about Bernie, or the first woman, or the first gay president.If we could make Barrack king, we would. We never believe whites could understand the "struggle." BTW, Kamala is an Uncle Tom. Hispanics and blacks won't vote for gays knowing if he wins, there's going to be tossing salad in the WH. Yes, minorities aren't that progressive. Minorities are homophobic.

What makes me laugh is that both parties still think voting is a exclusive white thing, ignoring the minority voting block. Then at the right time, we turn it against you. Biden knows this and Bernie found out too late

And the minority voting block put Biden over. Like we did Obama for 8 years.

#30 | Posted by MisterCarajo at 2020-03-18 12:45 AM | Reply

Attention Sanders supporters.

Any tears shed for his campaign are wasted.

Biden is as liberal as Barack Obama and will surround himself with competent people while Trump has and will continue to driveway and Fire those we need in positions of authority to combat the Coronavirus.

Sanders did what he could do best and got Biden further to the left then he would have been otherwise but it's over now.

Time to come together.

#31 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-18 12:49 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

When I appeared at my doctor's office this morning wearing my mask and gloves, the staff asked me if I had "the symptoms."

When I said no, they wanted to know why I was wearing a mask.

I answered, "A better question is, why aren't you?"

It's my opinion that we should all be protecting ourselves in public ~ and moreso in a doctor's waiting room where sick people congregate. I understand why the staff was alarmed but I don't intend to roll the dice on my own health.

In fact, today was my last outing for a while. I am now officially in isolation.

#32 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 01:05 AM | Reply

Yes... bashing progressive candidates because they aren't progressive enough OR because they are too progressive is cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.

For the rest of the year, at least, we need to all get a-bong... and get rid of Donald Trump. If we do it right, it's just possible that people who were dissatisfied enough with the GOP establishment to vote for Trump but now realize what a mistake that was, might just vote for a Democrat not only for President, but maybe for the Senate... so that some of these progressive policies might actually have a chance to become law.

#33 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 01:16 AM | Reply

Me too. I've been designated work from home for the duration.

#34 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-03-18 01:17 AM | Reply

#32 just throw away or disinfect the mask and gloves after each use, otherwise they are just carrying around whatever they picked up.

People were looking at me funny when I didn't give them my licence to touch at the polling office and held it up for them to read, or used my pen to enter my pin at the store.

#35 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 01:20 AM | Reply

lol.... I told my daughter that I have been practicing "social distancing" out here in the Forest for a couple of years now when she called this weekend. It's pretty quite around here. A lot fewer people on the road when I went to town today... the poll near home place was empty, I was the only voter there in the PM, but then, it was the same way last year without the virus.

I would not have voted had I not figured it would be that way.

#36 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 01:25 AM | Reply

REDIAL

"Me too. I've been designated work from home for the duration."

Smart move. I made all my final rounds today, fully masked and gloved, filled the gas tank, got cash out of the bank, and stocked up on some non-perishables.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but it annoyed me to see so many people who weren't taking heed of the warnings. The lines were long and shoppers were standing within inches of each other at the checkout lines. I was appalled AND convinced that isolation was the only logical course of action.

#37 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 02:02 AM | Reply

wow. 62% Biden, 23% Sanders in Florida. 94% reporting. Crazy.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner

It was rigged, RIGGED I TELL YA!

#38 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:10 AM | Reply

"just throw away or disinfect the mask and gloves after each use, otherwise they are just carrying around whatever they picked up."

Thank you CORKY. My N95 filter masks are "reusable" but I disinfect anyway with a Lysol spray.

I hope you're looking out #1, too. DON'T TRUST ANYTHING. Even the most innocent things can be deadly. Even your mail.

#39 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 02:13 AM | Reply

#10 | Posted by danni

A few things.

Influenza is still rampant. Absent a negative influenza test you can't really claim with any real certainty to have SARS-CoV-2.

Also, how would M4A make this go any better? We've yet to hit the phase of people losing it all to pay for ICU care to survive.

M4A wouldn't have changed the testing situation as far as I know.

#40 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:17 AM | Reply

#22 | Posted by _Gunslinger_

NW.

Accidentally gave it a FF too. Ignore that.

#41 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:19 AM | Reply

- Even your mail.

I read that the virus can only stay active on solid surfaces for up to 9 days; it was in response to people worried about packages from China.

#42 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 02:20 AM | Reply

- N95 filter masks

Looks like they are still available...

www.amazon.com

Which of those appear to be the best? JPW, TwinP?

#43 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 02:25 AM | Reply

Me too. I've been designated work from home for the duration.

#34 | Posted by REDIAL

Me too.

I've got about a week's worth of work to spread out over an indefinite amount of time.

Guess I'll be playing more WoW classic than I thought.

#44 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:27 AM | Reply

I brought my older son home from college today.

His classes, meetings and lessons are all Skype/on-line/conference call for the time being. This pandemic royally sucks.

#45 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-18 02:31 AM | Reply

Some entrepreneur could become wealthy overnight if they invented a spray that would black light the COVID-19 virus in our homes.

#46 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 02:34 AM | Reply

Make sure that that isn't detrimental to the respirator's function. "Reusable" may mean not single use, not chemical resistant.

In fact, I'm pretty sure anything designated with an N is not chemical resistant. You might be screwing yourself.

#47 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:36 AM | Reply

Smart move. I made all my final rounds today, fully masked and gloved

Who taught you how to properly fit your mask?

How often did you change your gloves and how did you remove them?

#48 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:42 AM | Reply

#42 | Posted by Corky

The longest I've seen is 72 hours on hard surfaces like plastic or stainless steel.

What's the source for 9 days? Seems long to me.

#49 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:43 AM | Reply

I've exposed myself as much as possible to infectious people. My immune system needs some work. So far this thing has been a -----!

-Frank Cotton

#50 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-18 02:44 AM | Reply

#48. 72 hours on hard surfaces? Jesus. This is one nasty and resilient virus.

#51 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-18 02:47 AM | Reply

JPW

Now would be a good time for any of us to find that list of 'things to do' we've put off until we had more time.

#52 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 02:47 AM | Reply

Which of those appear to be the best? JPW, TwinP?

#43 | Posted by Corky

If it's a real N95 then they're comparable.

multimedia.3m.com

Here's a reference from 3M that lists different parameters of the various designations.

#53 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 02:50 AM | Reply

#48. 72 hours on hard surfaces? Jesus. This is one nasty and resilient virus.

#51 | Posted by JeffJ

That's actually relatively short.

Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, meaning they're composed primarily of a lipid (fat) outer layer. These tend to be much less environmentally stable.

Contrast that to norovirus, which is a proteinaceous virus (composed entirely of protein, no fat layer), that can remain infectious on surfaces for a week or more.

Funny thing about people freaking out over hand sanitizer and bleach is simple old soap works quite well. In fact, bleach requires a long dwell time to inactivate virus whereas detergent (soap) is pretty quick.

#54 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 03:00 AM | Reply

#52 | Posted by Twinpac

I can't comment on whether or not you feel this is a bucket list level happening.

I would say don't depend on a mask and gloves to protect you if you're not familiar with how to use them. Over confidence can be worse than no protection.

#55 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-18 03:04 AM | Reply

JPW

Having done my homework I'm well aware of the limitations of the N95 face masks. I wear it to protect myself from airborn liquid particles (other people coughing or sneezing) in close proximity. And vice-versa. I think of people around me, too. Not just myself. I also use it to protect myself from unconsciously touching around my mouth and nose.

As for my hands, I use a combination of gloves, hand sanitizer and washing. I follow all the CDC rules and than some. My gloves are removed inside out followed by hand sanitizer or washing which I do often even when I'm home. If I'm out I even hand sanitize the gloves to protect the interior of my car.

I don't know what else I can do. Nothing is ever going to be 100% foolproof. We can only do our best.

#56 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 03:31 AM | Reply

Which of those appear to be the best? JPW, TwinP?

#43 | Posted by Corky

If you can find them, the 3M N95 masks with the exhaust valve are the best. The valve lets humid air out and keeps the masks from retaining moisture inside.

Like this: www.3m.com

#57 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-18 04:18 AM | Reply

CORKY

"Which ones are the best?"

Study the list and see which one is best for you. Some of them can be prohibitively expensive.

I use the N95 or the RN95. I know it does not protect me from a virus but it does protect me from other people sneezing and coughing who may be contagious as long as I'm outside the contact limit. Crowded elevators are a no-no. It also protects me from rubbing my nose with a gloved hand.

Also, I sometime have a reaction to the smell of commercial cleaning products which cause me to have fits of sneezing and eye tearing. (The crook of the arm just isn't enough). That hasn't happened since I've been wearing this mask.

Use your own best judgment. I don't agree with JPW that nothing is sometimes better. You always have to try ~ just don't get over confident. Isolation works best of all but we can't always do that either.

#58 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-18 04:19 AM | Reply

BTW, to make a homemade disinfectant solution per the CDC:

1/3 cup bleach to gallon of water
4 tb per quart (good for making a spray bottle size)

It's a good idea to disinfect canned goods and such before putting them away. Really soapy water will work, but if you can, spray them with disinfectant, put them in the sink, and let them sit there for 5-15 minutes before rinsing and drying.

Hydrogen peroxide and 70%+ alcohol are also recommended disinfectants.

Everything we touch in public has been touched by someone else, from door handles to items on the shelf at the supermarket. We may or may not get seriously ill if we contract it, but we could give it to someone who will.

Better safe than sorry.

#59 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-03-18 04:25 AM | Reply

#58 | POSTED BY TWINPAC AT 2020-03-18 04:19 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

He's a professional. I would weigh his advice like/above the CDC's and ask clarifying questions before being dismissive.

Trump has now taken control of the CDC and we need to do our best to stay educated.

As far as I know, most people are contaminating their masks by touching or removing them. It gives the wearer a false sense of security.

#60 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-18 08:40 AM | Reply

#54 | POSTED BY JPW

From what I've read plain old soap and water will do the trick. I just commented about the hand sanitizer craze to my wife yesterday.

#61 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-18 10:40 AM | Reply

Sanders is toast. He should run for the Green Party nomination.

#62 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-03-18 10:47 AM | Reply

Attention Sanders supporters. Any tears shed for his campaign are wasted. Biden is as liberal as Barack Obama

Oh, great...

#63 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-18 11:38 AM | Reply

#53 & 57 Thanks!

#64 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 11:57 AM | Reply

(sarcasm) Great! Now Biden just has to survive COVID 19 to the Presidency. (/sarcasm)

#65 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-18 12:13 PM | Reply

Biden is as liberal as Barack Obama

#31 | POSTED BY TOR

So another center/right neoliberal, who isn't going to solve healthcare or wealth inequality? How is this good?

#66 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-18 12:18 PM | Reply

- How is this good?

It's much, much better than the only other alternative that enough voters are willing to vote for.

#67 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 01:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Besides which, Biden is arguably....

"Even if he defeats Bernie Sanders, the former vice president would be the most liberal Democrat ever nominated for president.

Biden may seem hopelessly accommodationist to those on the Democratic Party's leftmost fringe. But in reality, he is running on a platform far more progressive " i.e., far less moderate " than any Democratic presidential nominee in history."

www.bostonglobe.com

Biden is showing you can have your liberal Pres and the moderate vote to get elected, too.

#68 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 01:31 PM | Reply

"The coronavirus lives on copper for 4 hours, on cardboard for 1 day, and on plastic for 3 days, new research says. Here's how to disinfect these surfaces properly.
Aylin Woodward 18 hours ago"

www.businessinsider.com

www.livescience.com

Here's where I read the 9 days
www.medicalnewstoday.com

#69 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-18 01:55 PM | Reply

Look at these losers screaming crying about how Obama was never a real liberal.

#70 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-18 03:13 PM | Reply

#70 He wasn't.

#71 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-18 05:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Yea! Take that FDR!! The guy was painted a socialist, like Bernie is now.

But good ol' "right of center" Biden, he's the "MOST LIBERAL!"

You should stop reading the boston globe. It's gonna rot your brain.

#72 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-18 05:13 PM | Reply

Obama was never a real liberal.
#70 | POSTED BY TOR

Agreed.

#73 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-18 05:14 PM | Reply

#74 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2020-03-18 06:39 PM | Reply

Biden would be handling it better than Pedo senile Donnie Trump.

That fat fffk is still having someone look up the definition of "Pandemic" for him.

#75 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-18 06:44 PM | Reply

LMAO! - Such projection!

Let me guess - Trump supporter?

Blindspot the size of planet Earth.

#76 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-18 06:46 PM | Reply

comment #76 for #74 - just to be clear.

#77 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-18 06:47 PM | Reply

"Could anyone honestly see Pedo senile Joe Biden leading us out of this catastrophe?"

I could, because he'd hire Obama to do it.
Whereas your boy hired that boy Jared.

#78 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-18 06:48 PM | Reply

Biden's Brain FREEZES During Live Victory Speech, Wife Has to Rescue Him!

#79 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2020-03-18 06:57 PM | Reply

I don't believe it. The Commucrats rejected a pure communist and went commie lite.

#80 | Posted by willowby at 2020-03-18 10:01 PM | Reply

When what you experience conflicts with what you believe, reexamine your premise.
Reality doesn't concern itself with your beliefs.

#81 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-18 10:25 PM | Reply

I've said from the beginning that Americans as a whole wouldn't elect a communist. I wasn't positive about the Dems not nominating one. I said the establishment would stop Bolshevik Bernie.

#82 | Posted by willowby at 2020-03-19 12:11 AM | Reply

"I don't believe it."
now changed to "I wasn't positive."
soon to be "I don't believe it" again.
and you still won't reexamine your premise.

#83 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-19 07:14 AM | Reply

#82 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

....Has no idea what actual communism is, but loves to use the word.

#84 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-20 11:40 AM | Reply