Thursday, March 19, 2020

Marvel Comics recently introduced the proteges that will mentor under the original New Warriors in the Outlawed spinoff miniseries. One of the "new" New Warriors, Snowflake, has been confirmed to be a non-binary superhero. "Snowflake is non-binary and goes by they/them, and has the power to generate individual crystalized snowflake-shaped shurikens," New Warriors writer Daniel Kibblesmith told Marvel.com. "The connotations of the word 'snowflake' in our culture right now are something fragile, and this is a character who is turning it into something sharp."

Comments

I heard the new character is a 400 lb Orange Jaba the bit like character that does nothing but lie and blame other superheroes when crap is his fault.

#1 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-03-19 10:15 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

I haven't cared about Marvel since they made Captain America a war criminal.

The other characters are Safespace (no, really), Screentime, and some fat chick with a magic backpack.

And who is the intended audience here? Gen-Z is not woke.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-03-19 01:57 PM | Reply

Like ... is this the most tongue-in-cheek thing in history?

It's like naming a black character "Token."

This is awesome, but probably not in the way they intended.

#3 | Posted by Merovigan at 2020-03-19 05:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Special power should have been making republicans cringe

#4 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-03-19 05:46 PM | Reply

Even the SJW/Weird Hair Color/Non-Binary folks see through this one:
www.youtube.com

This is just wrong, on literally every possible level of interpretation.

#5 | Posted by Merovigan at 2020-03-19 05:49 PM | Reply

"This is just wrong, on literally every possible level of interpretation."

This is just fictional characters who someone dreamed up and Marvel offered to make it possible to watch, if you choose. Oh wait, I didn't realize we now have a self-appointed censor to tell us what is right or wrong. Excuse me.

#6 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-19 05:56 PM | Reply

Whoa ... I didn't realize me posting about it on this site would amount to censorship! That wasn't my intention and I apologize. Please, by all means, go read the Amazing Adventures of Snowflake and Safespace with my blessings!

No, seriously - ---- off and read comic books for a while. It'll do all of us some good.

#7 | Posted by Merovigan at 2020-03-19 05:59 PM | Reply

I lost interest in Marvel when they fired Mobius, 1972.

#8 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-03-19 07:49 PM | Reply

Says the crunt who wants to ban conservative voices.

#9 | Posted by HanoverFist at 2020-03-19 08:29 PM | Reply

Is there a special ability going to be to squealing whatever Boomer until Wolverine slaps the crap out of them?

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-19 11:51 PM | Reply

Meh, if Marvel can garner more sales to people who feel marginalized, more power to them. I expect that readership for such a slim area of interest will not be enough to cover the costs of producing the content and it'll disappear in short order. Which is a shame, really. There is nothing wrong with a multitude of ideas being expressed, consumed, digested, and discussed. It helps us all figure out which of those ideas are worthwhile and which should be discarded. This is also why the actions of the left to suppress the voices of conservatives is such a tragedy for all.

#11 | Posted by Avigdore at 2020-03-20 09:57 AM | Reply

I think this will fly off the shelves, like a lead balloon. My objection is we shouldn't make our sexual practice the whole of our identity. We, on average, spend less than three hours a week satisfying that appetite. That leaves 165 hours to fill being a decent person to the people you aren't in bed with.

#12 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-03-20 01:05 PM | Reply

We, on average, spend less than three hours a week satisfying that appetite. #12 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-03-20 01:05 PM
You only have sex once every other week?

#13 | Posted by Avigdore at 2020-03-21 08:04 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by Avigdore Well, one man's ceiling is an other's floor. If you spend 6 hours per tryst, you have more energy than I do.

#14 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-03-21 08:22 PM | Reply