Friday, March 20, 2020

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) released a massive economic stimulus bill Thursday to fight the coronavirus's fallout, even as opposition emerged from some key Republicans to one of the central elements of the plan " direct cash payments to many Americans.

Comments

Senate Republicans unveiled an economic rescue plan on Thursday that would provide hundreds of billions of dollars in loans to big corporations and small businesses; large corporate tax cuts; and checks of $1,200 for many taxpayers, as well as impose limits on a paid leave program enacted this week to respond to the coronavirus crisis.

www.nytimes.com

Anyone surprised?

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-19 09:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

With Mitch and Donnie in charge, the corporations and elite will drain the cream off the top.

But it's possible that this Andrew Yang-like response for workers will set a precedent and prepare the country to accept, and expect, an economy that includes automation and a society that will experience more pandemics. Silver cloud?

#2 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-19 11:25 PM | Reply

The Democrats said it didn't make sense to give $1,200 to people already making good money so there should be a graduated scale, and the Republicans countered with "if someone isn't paying a lot of taxes, they don't need tax money!" (looking at you Lindsey Graham!)

Sums up the two parties quite clearly.

Though to be fair, at least one Republican didn't agree: Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) tweeted: "Relief to families in this emergency shouldn't be regressive. Lower income families shouldn't be penalized."

#3 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-19 11:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Give the rich nothing. They don't need it and it won't help.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-20 01:29 AM | Reply

Corporate tax cuts...

It's apparent that the problem isn't corporations paying too much money in taxes to weather this, it's that they are irresponsible about their money and prefer to pay out executives and investors.

When quarterly dividends are more important than long term financial health you have the fragile economy we're seeing now.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 08:39 AM | Reply

$1200 won't be near enough for most people.

Jesus. These people must not know anyone who isn't filthy rich.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-20 08:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

It would have been better to provide some sort of vouchers to cover necessary expenses, like rent/mortgage payments and utilities.

#7 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-20 11:49 AM | Reply

Republicans as usual about low income workers and retirees; their plan is such that SS recipients that receive low enough amounts not to have had to file a 2018 tax form would be left out completely. Which is typical of what one might expect from the GOP.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-20 11:59 AM | Reply

The irony is, if I get a check, it will simply be used to pay my taxes.

#9 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-20 12:10 PM | Reply

"Simply giving everyone cash; for many it will go straight to the liquor store or meth dealer."

Nope.

Just the meth dealer.

Everything else is closed.

#10 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 12:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The irony is, if I get a check, it will simply be used to pay my taxes."

It doesn't look like I would get a check, but if I did, I would just buy some more shares of Pfizer. Or anything, really.

#11 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 12:23 PM | Reply

MB is like those rwingers in FL that railed against welfare recipients on drugs and got legislation to test them.... only to find that less than 3 percent tested positive, mostly for pot, the state lost 50K and the law was rescinded.

#12 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-20 12:37 PM | Reply

Trickle down rides again. Money doesn't trickle down, it sticks right where it lands. ---- trickles down.

#13 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2020-03-20 12:37 PM | Reply

More cover for tax cuts maskerading as "help". Can repubs ever think of anything different? I knew I wouldn't get a check, people who really need it rarely do. Sigh.

#14 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-20 12:43 PM | Reply

"Helping those who have the means to help themselves."
-Republican Mantra

#15 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-03-20 12:48 PM | Reply

I would just buy some more shares of Pfizer. Or anything, really.

#11 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

This is the kind of short sighted greed that's killing us.

The money is being distributed to keep local economies afloat. Why not spend the money at local businesses as much as you can to keep your neighbors going?

Why is the first reflex to look the gift horse in the mouth and try to squeeze more for yourself from it?

(I know you're in Germany, but your thought process is probably shared by far too many in the US)

#16 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 12:53 PM | Reply

#10 here in Colorado my liquor store is still open.

#17 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-20 12:54 PM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY JPW

My brother is coming over this evening for game night. He's bringing beer. He asked me to pick out two beers from a local microbrewery and he's going to pick up a couple of growlers. You know, to support local businesses.

#18 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-20 12:56 PM | Reply

#10 here in Colorado my liquor store is still open.

#17 | POSTED BY WHATSLEFT

Fortunately in Michigan our grocery stores are allowed to sell beer/wine/liquor. We have plenty of party stores and they are more convenient if we just want to pick up a 6-pack or a fifth of vodka. But it's awfully nice when grocery shopping to be able to get everything at one store and pay one tab.

#19 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-20 12:58 PM | Reply

#18 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Exactly!

I plan on ordering lunch to go from a local restaurant today. My finances aren't exactly overflowing with disposable cash but I'd rather do my part keeping my local economy plodding along than squeeze an extra bit of profit from it.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 01:10 PM | Reply

Wow imagine that... once again a reoyblicl0wn abandons free market principals in order to save the free market....

Republiclowns learnt all they need to know from Nixon.

#21 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-03-20 01:17 PM | Reply

"As economic tsunami grows, Senate coronavirus plan comes under fire from all sides plan comes under fire from all sides"

But it would limit payments to poorer Americans and include few restrictions on some corporate bailout funds, infuriating some lawmakers who believe the bill's targets are misguided.

Democrats, whose votes will be needed to pass the stimulus legislation in the House and Senate, panned the bill unveiled by McConnell as overly weighted toward industry.

"We are beginning to review Senator McConnell's proposal and on first reading, it is not at all pro-worker and instead puts corporations way ahead of workers," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in a joint statement.

A Trump administration official says the structure of direct payments in the bill is not what we had in mind'

www.washingtonpost.com

#22 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-20 01:20 PM | Reply

I would just buy some more shares of Pfizer. Or anything, really.

#11 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER: Actually investing in drug companies is a positive thing for us, as that gives those companies more monies for R&D, expansion, etc. They may just be the ones that creates a new drug to save or extend one's life. Did my part the other day [as the new lower price too good to pass up] and bought shares of ABBV. Also, the currently have a dividend yield if 6.64% which is not shabby.

FYI: The company offers HUMIRA, a therapy administered as an injection for autoimmune and intestinal Behet's diseases; SKYRIZI to treat moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adults; RINVOQ, a JAK inhibitor for the treatment of moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients; IMBRUVICA to treat adult patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL), mantle cell lymphoma, waldenstrm's macroglobulinemia, marginal zone lymphoma, and chronic graft versus host disease; VENCLEXTA, a BCL-2 inhibitor used to treat adults with CLL or SLL; VIEKIRA PAK, an interferon-free therapy to treat adults with genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV); TECHNIVIE to treat adults with genotype 4 HCV infection; and MAVYRET to treat patients with chronic HCV genotype 1-6 infection. It also provides SYNAGIS that protects at-risk infants from severe respiratory disease; KALETRA, a prescription anti-HIV-1 medicine; CREON, a pancreatic enzyme therapy for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency; Synthroid used in the treatment of hypothyroidism; AndroGel for males diagnosed with symptomatic low testosterone; and Lupron, a product for the palliative treatment of advanced prostate cancer, treatment of endometriosis and central precocious puberty, and for the treatment of patients with anemia caused by uterine fibroids. In addition, the company offers ORILISSA, a nonpeptide small molecule gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist; Duopa and Duodopa, a levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel to treat Parkinson's disease; and Sevoflurane, an anesthesia product. It has collaborations with Calico Life Sciences LLC; Alector, Inc.; and Janssen Biotech, Inc.

Those on the site who spout hate for 'big pharma' just may need one [or more] of their products in their future future.

#23 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-03-20 01:24 PM | Reply

I plan ordering some new Guns with this extra money. Can't wait till the gunshop can reopen.

#24 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-03-20 01:33 PM | Reply

If this is what you want support university research. That's where the major discoveries are actually made.

Also, buying pharma stock now isn't going to make a damned bit of difference in rolling out a coronavirus vaccine or treatment.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 01:39 PM | Reply

Republican, explain this to me:

I make half a million a year and save 40% of my income before taxes.

My girlfriend lives paycheck to paycheck and doesn't make more than $35,000 a year.

I can easily afford to live for many months with little to no income.

My girlfriend can go maybe a month.

Why do I need a bigger Federal check than she does?

#26 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-03-20 01:51 PM | Reply

"Why not spend the money at local businesses as much as you can to keep your neighbors going?"

Aside from the fact that I don't need anything, everything's closed. I was literally days from hopping on to a plane to Mallorca, where I would have spent more money than I had wanted to. Now, I'm going to hang out at my house, play video games, work out, and maybe ride my bike once in a while.

It's not that I don't want to spend or aren't willing to spend...there's just nothing to spend it on. I already have enough meat in my freezers to last for months.

#27 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 02:13 PM | Reply

"#10 here in Colorado my liquor store is still open."

Not sure if that's good or bad.

I'm not likely to die of COVID-but cirrhosis of the liver is a different story.

It's like North Dakota in the winter. Not much to do but drink and ----.

#28 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 02:15 PM | Reply

Maybe you should marry her.

:-)

#29 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-20 02:15 PM | Reply

"I plan on ordering lunch to go from a local restaurant today."

I live in the Palatinate Forest. It was a really nice day today, so myself and my wife went on a bike ride. We went past all our favorite village bars. All of them were closed. I finally stopped at a grocer to buy a couple of Bitburgs because that was the only thing available.

On Monday, We did find a biergarten that was open...but I think by Sunday the entire country will be under lock-down.

#30 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 02:20 PM | Reply

First, I think the proposed cap is ~$100k, so you wouldn't be getting a check.

But even at your income level, it would be wrong to assume that you had sufficient M1/M2 assets to keep you afloat. Making $500k a year in some areas is not much above middle class, especially if you've purchased a home.

I know people at your income level sound rich, but a dual income family getting laid off in the D.C or Bay area is going to be hurting. And no one is going to care because they're 1%ers.

If you're living in Possum Pouch, Arkansas...different story entirely. But it's wrong to assume that a person at n-level income is going to be OK.

#31 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 02:25 PM | Reply

"Maybe you should marry her."

And turn her into a deduction!

#32 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 02:26 PM | Reply

#27 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

I added that last line in parentheses since my post was reading a bit aggressively at you specifically when it was meant in a more proverbial sense.

#33 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 02:31 PM | Reply

#28 - Madbomber

Can confirm.

#34 | Posted by ND_Perspective at 2020-03-20 03:38 PM | Reply

"Although if I lived in Germany I'd gladly spend it all on local beer. Even if some of it has to be cellared."

German beer is not all that great. It only seems good because the only thing you can get in the US right now is that nasty IPA ----.

Someday, IPAs will be regarded as the bell bottoms of beer. No one will admit they actually liked it. Mark my words.

#35 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 03:47 PM | Reply

"Can confirm."

Where at?

I lived in Minot for eight years.

#36 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 03:49 PM | Reply

Red River Valley. East side.

#37 | Posted by ND_Perspective at 2020-03-20 03:57 PM | Reply

Why do I need a bigger Federal check than she does?
#26 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

Cuz 'Murica.

#38 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-03-20 04:10 PM | Reply

Fargo? GF?

I was in GF after the flood in 97. Lived in Minot during the 2011 flood.

I had riverfront property for almost two weeks.

#39 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-20 04:11 PM | Reply

#35 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

Suck it up, gatekeeper.

The stuff has been around a long time now. Don't be bitter that your beer tastes like sour milk.

#40 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-03-20 04:20 PM | Reply

The Gross Old Profiteers have one move, cut taxes for the rich. Economy running well? Cut taxes for the rich. Economy in the toilet? Cut taxes taxes for the rich. Running a surplus? Cut taxes cut taxes for the rich. Running a deficit? Cut taxes for the rich so you run a larger deficit. They are a one-trick pony, and that pony IS ALMOST ALWAYS NOT THE PROPER PRESCRIPTION FOR THE PROBLEM! Direct payments to everybody in the lower 80% of income earners will guarantee that money will make it to places it needs to go, local food stores, local retailers, local bars and restaurants. Cutting taxes especially for the rich and corporations? More stock buybacks and more yacht purchases, which is exactly what we DON'T NEED!

#41 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-20 05:14 PM | Reply

I like Andrew Cuomo's idea of a 3 month moratorium on mortgage payments. That's worth way more to me than $1200. But, I would take that too. I don't want to be rude.

#42 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-20 05:47 PM | Reply

#35 | Posted by madbomber

I disagree.

A true Hefe beats any phony ass Blue Moon or Shock Top here.

Plus, I'm a huge fan of a lot of German styles. Bock. Strong Ale. Dunkel. Schwarzbier (probably the best homebrew I've ever made). Rauchbier.

And, of course, Marzen. Or a Kolsch after mowing the lawn.

In case you can't tell I'm a much bigger fan of Euro style beers than the states, which are usually Euro version with too much hops in it.

#43 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 05:51 PM | Reply

Don't be bitter that your beer tastes like sour milk.

#40 | Posted by rstybeach11

Womp womp.

Funny considering sours are the current fad. Getting to the point of being overdone like IPAs were/are.

#44 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 05:59 PM | Reply

#42 | Posted by donnerboy

Not to mention the banks seem to always be the benefactors of the government money mill.

#45 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 06:01 PM | Reply

"A true Hefe beats any phony ass Blue Moon or Shock Top here."

^
As you pointed out with "phony" those are Molson Coors and Anheuser-Bush InBev products, respectively.
Saint Archer makes a pretty good Hefeweizen, so does Trader Joe's.

#46 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-20 06:02 PM | Reply

Haven't tried Saint Archer. Wonder if they're available here in Anheuser-Busch's back yard.

I'll try Trader Joe's next time I'm in the store. I've actually found their beer to be not bad, especially for the price.

#47 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-20 06:33 PM | Reply

Why dont States give us money and tax breaks.

#48 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-03-20 06:41 PM | Reply

Businesses should only be offered loans, they have magic bootstraps and can create jobs, so do that instead of looking for gov handouts that you didn't build.

#49 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-20 08:33 PM | Reply

No handouts, beatings are in order until morale improves. Get back to work. Need money? No handouts.Dont need money? How much do you need,sir? Preverse incentives aimed solely at probable voters. American exceptionalism at work.

#50 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-20 08:38 PM | Reply

I hope this bites them in the ass, particularly in the form of party revolt.

#51 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-03-21 02:17 AM | Reply

He's literally going to buy voters.

Watch it happen.

#52 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-21 02:19 AM | Reply

#8...I agree and have a feeling those living just on SS and SSI, not having to pay income taxes, will be screwed.

#53 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2020-03-21 02:55 AM | Reply

#53 Screwed how? They keep getting paid.

#54 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-21 03:11 AM | Reply

Handout: $1200
Coronavirus test: $1450 (with insurance)

#55 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 04:01 AM | Reply

"Trump will take all the credit for giving people $1200 dollars and spin it into his reelection."

Are you serious?

Maybe the B-Bros that were already looking for a handout will shift over to Trump, but COVID, along with a tanked economy...Trump is done.

All Joe has to do is replay news footage of Trump stating how COVID was no big deal. And, if it were me, throw in some more video of Trump bragging about cutting CDC funding.

#56 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-21 05:21 AM | Reply

Are you serious?

Yes. I expect Trump and his henchmen to fully spin this and make Trump seem like a savior.

#57 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-03-21 05:26 AM | Reply

"The rescue package should be directed to people who lost jobs. If you somehow live without income, or still have a job, why do you deserve money?"

$1200 is an almost meaningless amount of money. Instead, the government should be working with lenders to allow borrowers to skip payments if they choose to, so long as the quarantine is in place. Same thing with utility providers. I've already talked to my property manager and told them not to worry if my tenant is unable to pay for the next few months. And if it goes on much longer than that, they would likely be dead of starvation anyway.

#58 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-21 05:26 AM | Reply

"$1200 is an almost meaningless amount of money."

Since 1975, there's more and more of them.

#59 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 05:27 AM | Reply

"Coronavirus test: $1450 (with insurance)"

You're so cute.

#60 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-21 05:27 AM | Reply

"A lot of people have almost meaningless lives, from the point of view of how much their labor costs."

You mean how much their labor is worth?

#61 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-21 05:28 AM | Reply

No, I mean, how much their labor costs, some of which actually makes it into the laborer's pocket, after the tax man, the health insurance man, the unemployment insurance man, and so forth.

#62 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 05:30 AM | Reply

I dont want any of their .... a'hem.... my money

FUGEM

"It's the end of the world as we know it"

www.youtube.com

#63 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-03-21 09:08 AM | Reply

Also, help small businesses to keep them from going under as would be extremely nice for those people to have a job to return to after things settle down.

#64 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-03-21 12:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#53 | POSTED BY GREATAMERICAN

Gotta love this level of ignorance.

What I find interstellar(interesting) is that the tables are turned.

Government workers and retirees and SS recipients will all continue to get paid. Unlike during a government shutdown.

This time everyone else is in danger of not getting paid. Remember when the shutdowns were occurring and you deplorables were very uncaring and unconcerned and even disparaging about those lazy government workers.

This time the shoe is in the other foot. I bet those government employees don't treat you the same way as you treated them in their time of need.

Ain't karma a beech?

#65 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-21 12:34 PM | Reply

SOCIALISM !!!

#66 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2020-03-21 02:42 PM | Reply

$1200, keeps me off the street one more month. Madbomber must be living like royalty to say that sum is meaningless, must be nice to be so clueless. Explains his politics,too.

#67 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-21 03:49 PM | Reply

"$1200, keeps me off the street one more month."

You don't want to go live with your mom? :)

#68 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 03:58 PM | Reply

#68 Mom's dead and gone these 10 years now. No I don't want to go live with her,thank you for your concern.
How's living with your folks helping you along?

#69 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-21 04:08 PM | Reply

Republican, explain this to me:
I make half a million a year and save 40% of my income before taxes.
I can easily afford to live for many months with little to no income.
My girlfriend can go maybe a month.
Why do I need a bigger Federal check than she does?
#26 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

No problem, my thinking is give everyone $1200 or whatever....

Then take it back with 100% tax in the future for those that aren't in need say > $100K, whatever that income level is ...

Puts money into the economy NOW, and gets taken from those not needing it on the clawback.

#70 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-21 04:19 PM | Reply

They have created SB loans < $2Million for businesses to get through this, and keep people somewhat employed.

My issue is business stock buy backs like Boeing.....

US gives you money to survive, the corporation is never able to do another stock buyback period EVER.

#71 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-21 04:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#70 Good post. No means testing at the front end.Good idea,just pump the money out like QE for individuals,print, and go. Liberals have been saying that for,like forever.

#72 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-21 04:24 PM | Reply

#71 Agreed. Also, cap staff and executive compensation at $200k until the loads are paid back with interest. Bye bye exec bonuses.

#73 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-21 04:29 PM | Reply

Why is it so hard for someone to propose sensible, scaled, targeted relief?

As it stands there is a phase-in where the lowest income people get little or nothing. Why? They need it more than anyone. Give it to them.

Lost your job? You should get more than someone who didn't.

I could write this bill and make it two pages long.

#74 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-21 04:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#64 Agreed, but the loans have strings attached. Highly leveraged businesses, or ones with little capital are not worth trying to save with tax dollars.

#75 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-21 04:32 PM | Reply

Meant to add to #74, that if you have the virus, are caring for someone who has the virus, or have to arrange childcare and/or take time off work to care for children who are out of school or daycare that you should get more than someone not doing any of those things.

Still two pages.

#76 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-21 04:32 PM | Reply

Some people really can't take a joke.

No way I'd go upstsirs and live with my parents at this time, I'd be the greatest risk to infect them! :)

#77 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 04:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Why is it so hard for someone to propose sensible, scaled, targeted relief?"

Because it's hard for such a person to find a job in the Trump administration.

#78 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 04:34 PM | Reply

#78 I know you're half joking but there are 500+ people in Congress and none of them can get traction with a bill that actually makes sense?

#79 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-21 04:36 PM | Reply

#74 Agreed. I don't need the money and it would not change my behavior towards helping the economy. It should be treated as net income loss compensation, with a cap and means test.

Tax relief is evil or stupid. Those that still have to pay taxes are doing better than most.

#80 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-21 04:36 PM | Reply

"500+ people in Congress and none of them can get traction with a bill that actually makes sense?"

Part of the problem is some states are on Code Red (CA) and some states don't even want Col Jessup on that wall (TX). So, in terms of representing their constituencies, it's hard to get what you want.

Executive Federal leadership would fix that. We're inching closer. Asymptotically. Once all 50 governors are on board, maybe then Trump will tell them it was his idea all along.

#81 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 04:50 PM | Reply

Let me guess. Orange man bad. And one blank page.

#82 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-21 04:57 PM | Reply

Wall Street: $5000 per American
Americans: $1200 per American

Any questions?

#83 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 04:59 PM | Reply

Bad guess, imbecilic troll.

#84 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-21 04:59 PM | Reply

#71 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

^
Gotta give credit where credit is due:
I pretty much agree with Mackris here.
I kinda think we all do, except maybe the Four Horseman of Taxpayer Funded Capitalism (JeffJ, MadBomber, Boaz, Docnjo)

#85 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 05:05 PM | Reply

Don't just tell us how good you are. Show us. Just a paragraph or two.

#86 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-21 05:49 PM | Reply

#86 Read #74 and 76, then stop trolling for five seconds and say what you would do.

#87 | Posted by JOE at 2020-03-21 07:30 PM | Reply

This is standard Republican logic:

Give more to people who don't need it and less to those who do.

Keep in mind that the GOP courts well-heeled lobbyists 365 days a year. They only need poor people for a few weeks in an election year.

I remember hearing one GOP weasel refer to it as "throw them some crumbs."

#88 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-22 05:08 AM | Reply