Friday, March 20, 2020

Senators are facing backlash for selling in some cases millions of dollars in personal stocks shortly before the coronavirus pandemic sent markets into a freefall earlier this month. Based on publicly financial transaction disclosures, Sen. Richard Burr, R-N.C., Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., and Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., all appear to have sold stock earlier this year.

Comments

Investigate and prosecute them.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-03-20 02:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Work the timing on this, everyone could have seen this crash coming. Plenty on here did and sold.

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-20 03:41 PM | Reply

Well here's the thing - when you leave a closed door CDC meeting and start selling stocks (directly or indirectly) one just might consider that insider trading.

I don't care what anyone says about blind trusts, my spouse etc. People with millions know who they are dealing with and if their investor didn't do the same for everyone else at the same time you can and should be in trouble. Investigate them get their phone and email records, etc.

#3 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-03-20 04:16 PM | Reply

Senator Dianne Feinstein @SenFeinstein

During my Senate career I've held all assets in a blind trust of which I have no control. Reports that I sold any assets are incorrect, as are reports that I was at a January 24 briefing on coronavirus, which I was unable to attend.

Under Senate rules I report my husband's financial transactions. I have no input into his decisions. My husband in January and February sold shares of a cancer therapy company. This company is unrelated to any work on the coronavirus and the sale was unrelated to the situation.

twitter.com

#4 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-03-20 04:23 PM | Reply

Was it just GOP criminals that sold while condemning many Americans to death?

Say it isn't so GOP.

#5 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-20 04:38 PM | Reply

Say it isn't so GOP.

#5 | POSTED BY BORED AT 2020-03-20 04:38 PM | FLAG: PPPFFFTTT

teehee...they can't...snicker..

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-03-20 05:12 PM | Reply

Investigate and prosecute them.

#1 | POSTED BY NIXON

What are you talking about?

Those sales were perfect. Perfect like the perfect phone call. Perfect like the transcript was perfect. You know the one. The beautiful one. The beautifully perfect transcript that we never saw. But it was perfectly perfect. Trust me.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-20 05:33 PM | Reply

Guess they know everytime trump speaks the market plunges. Someone needs to tell trump to STFU so maybe the markets can stabilize.

#8 | Posted by Badcat at 2020-03-20 07:34 PM | Reply

Every, every, Democrat knew it was going to get bad. They have known since the new year, only Trump has been saying it wasn't and he knew also. Sure, Hillary and Obama tried to tell us and she wold have 10 million tests delivered before. Valentines day. Unfortunately no one listens to women. She a Warren have just been shacking their heads. Anyone who didn't sell every share they had before February has only themselves to blame. It has been in all the papers and nightly news. I did not have any to sell but I did buy some toilet paper. My pantry is full, as is my bedroom storage.

#9 | Posted by jdmeth at 2020-03-20 08:53 PM | Reply

Lets all pretend this is innocent and ensure a fair trail.

#10 | Posted by fresno500 at 2020-03-20 10:19 PM | Reply

Lets all pretend this is innocent and ensure a fair trail.

#10 | POSTED BY FRESNO500

Just using the laws to better themselves and their families don't you know??

I believe we need to investigate the investigators.

We need to find the Oranges of these baseless charges!

(That's what the people are saying!?!)

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-21 02:47 PM | Reply