Saturday, March 21, 2020

The White House disclosed its first case of the coronavirus on Friday night: a person who works in the office of Vice President Pence.

Comments

Who would have thought chanting towards a non-existent sky fairy would not protect them?

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-03-21 07:13 AM | Reply

#1 - especially when the chanter was using 300 year old rituals.

#2 | Posted by kudzu at 2020-03-21 01:42 PM | Reply

And what's with Pence talking about being "6 days into a 15 day effort", like there's a date on the calendar where if we can just make it there alive, we're home free as a country?

OCU

#3 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-03-21 02:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump is an atheist and Pence a heretic at best.

If you want to see Christianity combating the coronavirus at the highest levels look at Francis Collins and the National Institute of Health.

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-21 03:25 PM | Reply

I guess you could call it a staff infection.

#5 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-03-21 04:29 PM | Reply

I guess you could call it a staff infection.

#5 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-03-21 04:29 PM | Reply | Flag:

-ba dum BUM-

HE'S HERE ALL WEEK, LADIES & GERMS!

Oops, did I say germs? We've got sanitizer for that!

#6 | Posted by cbob at 2020-03-21 07:07 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-21 03:25 PM | Reply | Flag:

Serious question here, and maybe this isn't the best thread for it, but your comment prompted me. Do you, or does anybody else here on the DR, know of some good online resources to help people who are gripped with fear and anxiety about this pandemic? These resources can be of a secular or spiritual nature. I'm writing an article for a large company in the healthcare industry, and I want to play some small role in softening the impact of this.

I'm afraid we're going to see a major downward spiral of our nation's mental health as this beast continues to grow, and I'd like to offer solace to people who are now confined to their homes and may be feeling lost and frightened. Frankly I feel that way myself at times, but I'm aiming this at other Americans who are starting to lose touch.

Because of the unique nature of this crisis, I'm looking for something that is specific to disease outbreaks if possible, or maybe other crises that grow worse over an extended period of time. The CDC actually has a page on its website that's pretty good in this regard, but I could always use more.

#7 | Posted by cbob at 2020-03-21 07:28 PM | Reply

#7 I saw this on my Facebook, hope it helps!

2 Timothy 1:7 - For G-d hath not gives us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Sasmaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ with strengtheneth me.

Luke 10:19 - Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1 Corinthians 4:20 - For the kingdom of G-d [is] not in word, but in power.

1 Corinthians 6:14 - And G-d hath both raised by the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-21 07:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I was going to suggest an exercise regiment but snoofy picked some lovely passages.....I still recommend an exercise regiment thats high on cardio even if that means running laps in the back yard or mail ordering a treadmill.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-22 01:14 AM | Reply