Sunday, March 22, 2020

As households continue to stock up on toilet paper -- emptying shelves across the country -- a new website is attempting to answer the question: How much TP do we really need?

Comments

When you are indicating possession, yours is the correct choice"not your's. You do not need an apostrophe to indicate possession because yours itself is a possessive pronoun. In this sense, yours is similar to other possessive pronouns like its, whose, and ours.

Yours vs. Your's: What's the Difference? - Writing Explained
writingexplained.org yours-vs-your-s-difference

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-03-22 10:21 AM | Reply

#1 Thanks, I'll pass that on to CNN it's their headline.

#2 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-22 12:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

SENTINEL

I'll archive that tidbit of info.

It's sure to come up for judicial review when folks are down to their last roll.

#3 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-22 07:14 PM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY SENTINEL

Hey Rcade... can we get a "pedantic" flag?

#4 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-03-22 11:17 PM | Reply

Ffs buy a bidet.

#5 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-03-23 07:51 AM | Reply

Oh please... it has two sides.

#6 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-03-23 08:36 AM | Reply

Who the hell only uses two sheets per wipe?

#7 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-23 11:17 AM | Reply

"Who the hell only uses two sheets per wipe?

#7 | POSTED BY WHATSLEFT "

I use only one and usually several times. My turds are like dust. I think my current roll of TP dates back to 2017.

#8 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 11:25 AM | Reply

I sent to the HEB today for some produce. It normally opens at 6:00, so I got there about 5 minutes 'til. There was a queue of about 10 people. No big deal. But 6:00 came and went. I asked and the store modified its hours and wouldn't open until 8:00. So I waited two hours. By the time the store opened, the queue had grown to unimaginable lengths.

Well, when I got inside, the queue split into two. One for TP, the other for general shopping. Nine out of 10 people were in the TP queue which wrapped around the store. They were corralled by strategically placed shopping carts and store personnel. So I got first pick at the produce. Nice!

With the virtually empty store (save TPers) I decided to do some more shopping. There wasn't much meat, but what was there hadn't been picked over yet. So I bought some pork chops, chicken, and beef. There weren't many eggs, but I decided an extra dozen wouldn't hurt.
They last a while. Again, Nice!

Thanks, you TP obsessed people. You made my two hour wait to get into the HEB worthwhile.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 11:31 AM | Reply