Monday, March 23, 2020

Doctors at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth say stress from the coronavirus pandemic may be linked to the six cases of child abuse they saw this week, one resulting in death. Dr. Jayme Coffman, medical director of the CARE team at Cook Children's, said all six cases were related to physical abuse. They typically consult about eight a month.

Comments

The depravity of man knows no bottom.

#1 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-23 01:15 AM | Reply

"The depravity of man knows no bottom.

#1 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM "

But enough about JPW.

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 01:16 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Texans are sub human.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 01:43 AM | Reply

"Texans are sub human.

#3 | POSTED BY BORED "

Profound.

Hear that, Rcade? Bored says you are subhuman.

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 01:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

What is wrong with judging a group by the actions of a few of the members?

Like judging China and the Chinese based on the lunch choices of a few.

#5 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 01:49 AM | Reply

"What is wrong with judging a group by the actions of a few of the members?

#5 | POSTED BY BORED "

Wow. At least you wear your prejudice openly and proudly.

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 02:06 AM | Reply

There's only two things in Texas....

#7 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-23 03:30 AM | Reply

#6 Whoosh

#8 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 11:17 AM | Reply

S***hole state, doesn't surprise me.

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-03-23 04:14 PM | Reply

People posting on the Retort are brilliant and stupid based on the actions of a few posters.

#10 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-03-23 06:11 PM | Reply

This is so sad.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-03-23 09:05 PM | Reply

Two kids suspended from school and one teacher fired for drinking on the job... that's the homeschool report...

#12 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2020-03-23 09:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

What is wrong with judging a group by the actions of a few of the members?
~Bored

Noting if you are an idiot.

#13 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-23 11:22 PM | Reply

Funn-eh thing this trend... if it is a trend... considering corporal punishment isn't allowed in schools or daycare. Don't get me started on bullying.

This may be a social experiment to see if the trend is altruistically based... or just another form of litigation over chattel rights.

#14 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-03-24 07:33 AM | Reply

An increase in the number of cases, assuming methods of collection and other factors haven't changed, are facts. The reason for the change, assuming it was accurately measured, is non-scientific, conjecture.

#15 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-24 08:51 AM | Reply

"What's really weird is they are all democratic republicans with liberal conservative leanings and are marxist, pedos, racists, nazis that can cook a mean set of ribs with barbeque sauce."

But some of us are worse, they told us all over and over it was all a hoax.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 12:38 PM | Reply

"An increase in the number of cases, assuming methods of collection and other factors haven't changed, are facts."

Why would anyone pretend that the methods of collection and other factors have not changed? We have the most ramped up actions ever made in our history. What planet are you living on?

The number of cases is increasing exponentially because that is how pandemics work. One person who has the virus can spread it to many times more people and each of them can spready it to many times their numbers too. That's what "exponentially" means. That's why Gov. Cuomo predicts 80% of the population will get this virus. He isn't being hysterical, he's being realistic, something Trump and Pence are incapable of being.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 12:42 PM | Reply

I have the physical ability to abuse my 16 year old son. I've never raised a hand to either of my boys and never will.

My 19 year old would probably ---- me up if I tried to get physical.

#18 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-24 12:46 PM | Reply

My 19 year old would probably ---- me up if I tried to get physical.

#18 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

Yeah. I would be more worried about elder abuse.

After all if not for the weakness of our elders we wouldn't even Be In This Mess..

Trump will be suggesting (ad a joke of course) that maybe it is time to cull the herd.

Time for a purge!

AmIRight trumpets?

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-24 12:50 PM | Reply

#13 Now do Muslim ban.

#20 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-24 12:50 PM | Reply

"I have the physical ability to abuse my 16 year old son. I've never raised a hand to either of my boys and never will"

Relevance?

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-24 12:51 PM | Reply

Danni, I my comment was about the story at the top of the page.

#22 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-03-24 02:09 PM | Reply