Monday, March 23, 2020

Nearly 70 drugs and experimental compounds may be effective in treating the coronavirus, a team of researchers reported on Sunday night. Some of the medications are already used to treat other diseases, and repurposing them to treat Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, may be faster than trying to invent a new antiviral from scratch, the scientists said.

Comments

69!

#1 | Posted by lee_the_agent at 2020-03-23 12:55 PM | Reply

I heard it was 77. Progress I guess.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-03-23 01:13 PM | Reply

Nice!

#3 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-03-23 01:26 PM | Reply

Nerds to the rescue.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 03:44 PM | Reply

Scientists Test 69

Nice.

#5 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-03-23 03:54 PM | Reply

Scientists Test 69

Nice.

#5 | POSTED BY GONOLES92

nice

#6 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-03-23 03:56 PM | Reply

Using the logic of many proggies on this thread, the NYT will be responsible.

#7 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-24 08:43 AM | Reply

I always thought the answer was 47.

But 69 is an excellent number to test.

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-24 12:08 PM | Reply

"So if people take any of the drugs listed here without a doctor's supervision, is the New York Times responsible for their death?"

That is stupid in so many ways that it is actually surprising you would post it. You're actually better than that Goat.

When departing information is the cause of death then we are doomed.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 12:17 PM | Reply

"Nerds to the rescue."

Exactly who I expected to save us....eventually. Even the nerdiest of the nerdy need some time to solve this but, I have faith, they will. Perhaps it is really time we had a nerd as President? I'm for it!

Nerdocrats! Yay!

#10 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 12:20 PM | Reply

"I always thought the answer was 47.

But 69 is an excellent number to test.
#8 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2020-03-24 12:08 PM | FLAG: "

I think you'll find it's "42" - but I'm fully supportive of your assessment of 69.

#11 | Posted by Foreigner at 2020-03-24 01:24 PM | Reply