Monday, March 23, 2020

The 2020 Olympics in Tokyo will be postponed due to the coronavirus and likely will not take place until 2021, according to a news report from USA Today. The report quotes a phone interview with International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound who said that while logistics are still being worked out "the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know."

Comments

I predicted this two days ago.

#1 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 02:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I predicted this two days ago.
#1 | POSTED BY GOATMAN

I have a Chinese fortune cookie for you as an award.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-03-23 02:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Trudeau leading, Trump flailing.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 03:04 PM | Reply

"Trudeau leading, Trump flailing.

#3 | POSTED BY BORED "

OK. I'll bite. What does Trump have to do with this? What is his big failure that caused the Japanese to postpone the summer games?

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 03:15 PM | Reply

#3 -- OCTD strikes deep.

#5 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 03:16 PM | Reply

It's kinda funny how if you just type the word

Trump

The bat signal illuminates over Goatman's house.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-23 05:21 PM | Reply

"It's kinda funny how if you just type the word
Trump
The bat signal illuminates over Goatman's house.

#6 | POSTED BY SNOOFY "

Actually, I thought it was kind of funny how Bored posted a "hate trump" post in a thread that had nothing to do with him. It's funny how OCTD does that to people. I'm glad you found humor on my calling him out on it. I know many righties did too. Looks like we're all smiling together, snoofy!

#7 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 05:28 PM | Reply

It's kinda funny how if you just type the word

Trump

The bat signal illuminates over Goatman's house.

Naw, it's actually when the Trump/Pence 2020 bluetooth -------- starts vibrating that gets his immediate attention.

#8 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-23 08:58 PM | Reply

Canada was the first country to announce it was not sending a team to Tokyo a day or so ago, to align with its social isolation advice to its citizens.

www.theguardian.com

#9 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 09:17 PM | Reply

"Trudeau leading by example. Trump flailing incoherently and being contradicted daily by his health experts and now wants to end the pause because he is a coward.
#9 | POSTED BY BORED "

So by announcing that Canada was not sending a team to the Olympics Trump is a villian? Even though 205 other countries (based on 2016 summer games attendance) had not made this announcement? Again, tell me how Trump's actions had any influence (pro or con) on the Japanese decision and provide proof. Or I'll even settle how Trudeau's decision not to send a team influenced the Japanese decision. I only ask for proof because as a OCTD victim, your opinion is obviously worthless.

As I said, OCTD strike deep

Does Trump send you thank you notes for allowing him full and unfettered access to your skull? He should, because he has it an he loves it.

#10 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 09:28 PM | Reply

My post did not say Trump is a villian, he is an incompetent.petent lying coward, learn the difference. Strike 1.
The IOC made the decision to postpone not Japan. Remedial reading comprehension might help you. Strike 2.

#11 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-23 09:45 PM | Reply

"#11 | POSTED BY BORED "

I'd still like to hear your reasoning on the "flailing" thing and how either Trump or Trudeau had any influence in Japan's decision.

Thanks!

"I enjoy criticizing trampy to draw the inevitable knob polishers that seem compelled to defend him while claiming not to vote for him. Strike 3."

And I enjoy drawing attention to victims of OCTD. I proved my point. I'll wait for you to prove yours.

#12 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 09:58 PM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY BORED "

It would also be good if you could explain how pointing out that you bring up Trump in a thread in which he is not a player at all makes anyone a "knob polisher".

Again, Thanks!

#13 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-23 10:02 PM | Reply

Would someone please explain to Commisioner Gordon that leaving the Bat Signal running all night costs the taxpayers money?

Thanks.

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-23 10:11 PM | Reply

I have a Chinese fortune cookie for you as an award.
#2 | POSTED BY RSTYBEACH11

Isn't this racist?

#15 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-23 10:12 PM | Reply

We are in a worldwide pandemic... does anybody give a hoot about the summer olympics at this point? I, in fact, do not...

#16 | Posted by babyhuey at 2020-03-23 11:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Don't tear your Achilles backpedaling from your verbal stupidity.

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2020-03-23 11:26 PM | Reply

We are in a worldwide pandemic.. ~ BruceBanner

Are we? OR are you just pissing your pants again?

#18 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-23 11:52 PM | Reply

"Are we?"

We are.

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-23 11:53 PM | Reply

Don't tear your Achilles backpedaling from your verbal stupidity.

#17 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

It aint easy being Bored, I suspect he's out of work, and his sig other really wants him to get out of the house.

#20 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-23 11:53 PM | Reply

I completely banned the Olympics once they chose Sochi. It's a parody and a profiteering scheme nothing less. Whatever it represents now has little to no resemblance to its original concept.

#21 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-03-24 05:18 AM | Reply

"You said he was "flailing", yet fail to provide any evidence of that except a weak and irrelevant "Trudeau..."

He says "we can't let the cure be worse than the problem" while the number of cases is rising exponentially. That's flailing. He can't "manage" this pandemic so, if it affects economic activity, we are moving towards ignoring it. If Trump was President when the Germans and Japanese attacke the U.S. we'd be speaking Japanese or German right now. When a battle becomes too tiresome just move on and ignore it and it will go away. That's his plan! It isn't part of his agenda so let's just pretend it isn't there no matter what are the consequences. No, that's crazy, what we actually need to do is LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE ON THE FRONT LINES, the healthcare people. They say isolate so we should isolate. We need to keep the numbers of us showing up at ERs to manageable levels and the only way we can do that is to isolate, no matter what Orange Hitler says.

#22 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 10:15 AM | Reply