Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Yuanyuan Zhu was walking to her gym in San Francisco on March 9, thinking the workout could be her last for a while, when she noticed that a man was shouting at her. He was yelling an expletive about China. Then a bus passed, she recalled, and he screamed after it, "Run them over."

Comments

I witnessed a crazy homeless guy pull a saw and threaten an Asian passenger. Trump is enabling a very dangerous climate. Someone has to call him out on his race-baiting, could it be that setting Dick Cheney loose at Mar Lago with a shotgun and a fifth of bourbon is our only hope?

#1 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-03-23 11:52 PM | Reply

I witnessed a crazy homeless guy pull a saw and threaten an Asian passenger

Sure you did, you liar.

#2 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2020-03-24 12:00 AM | Reply

#2 ANDREA

I am uncertain why you would doubt that. It wasn't a very amusing experience but it was a very small hand saw. He was stamping his feet and making faces at the guy who then moved to the back of the bus and sat with me. I don't know what kind of dangerous homeless people you encounter but this one specifically was bitching about Chinese causing the virus. Also, I absolutely believe that you have never experienced discrimination, or have even been threatened. You are one charmed POS, minus the charm.

#3 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-03-24 04:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Anecdotal evidence. It always gets pulled out at times like this.

Any statistical uptick?

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-24 01:44 PM | Reply

And I see we have fewer people because of the virus problem, and we appreciate you being here. And this is getting to be more and more social distancing, and that's fine. That's the way it should be, and it's too bad. We extend our best wishes to the person affected. And we feel sure that he or she will be better very soon.

To every single American, please know that the sacrifice you're making at this time is saving lives " many, many lives. It's very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States and all around the world. They're amazing people, and the spreading of the virus is not their fault in any way, shape, or form. They're working closely with us to get rid of it. We will prevail together. It's very important.

Notice what's gone? Now it's just "The virus."
And he specifically called out "our Asian American community."

Damn. Trump's spouting CCP propaganda!

www.whitehouse.gov

#5 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-24 02:03 PM | Reply

Let me emphasize this so it's not missed:

"They're amazing people, and the spreading of the virus is not their fault in any way, shape, or form. They're working closely with us to get rid of it. We will prevail together. It's very important."

#6 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-24 02:04 PM | Reply

"Sure you did, you liar."

Same people who denied the virus was a real threat will call you a liar now about what you actually saw. It occurs to me who the real liars are and it ain't REDLIGHT.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 05:32 PM | Reply

- You are one charmed POS, minus the charm.

A better description of our Trumpian Trust Fund Toddler has never been posted.

Jeffy... reading is your friend....

"Professor Jeung has helped set up a website in six Asian languages to gather firsthand accounts; some 150 cases have been reported on the site since it was started last Thursday.

Benny Luo, founder and chief executive of NextShark, a website focused on Asian-American news, said the site used to get a few tips a day. Now it is dozens.

"We've never received this many news tips about racism against Asians," he said. "It's crazy. My staff is pulling double duty just to keep up." He said he was hiring two more people to help."

But we can wait for the first Trump-incited racist death for some stats if you wish.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-03-24 05:38 PM | Reply

#1,

I dont believe you. It's sorta like when black racists say the most outrageous type of racism happened to them, like every month. So they make up the most obvious and blatant racial injustice to try to make it like it happens everyday.

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2020-03-24 07:48 PM | Reply

POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2020-03-24 07:48 PM | REPLY

Who cares what you believe or not??? I don't.

#10 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-24 07:52 PM | Reply

I have a friend who told us tonight that her 20-something adopted daughter from China is now afraid to go to the store here in NY for fear of being attacked. FY, Trump, and the racist horde of deplorables whose votes you rode into the presidency on.

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-03-24 08:31 PM | Reply

Any excuse will do when you want to be a racist swine.

T Rump would be so proud.

#12 | Posted by contrecoup at 2020-03-24 08:31 PM | Reply

#11 And, no, I'm not saying all Trump voters are racist deplorables. I am saying those who are probably made the difference in a swing state or two.

#13 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-03-24 08:34 PM | Reply

"racist horde of deplorables"

Gasp!! In NY, the center of enlightenment?

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2020-03-24 08:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Lots of red counties in NY state as you can see on the map:

Popular vote
Clinton 4,556,124 Trump 2,819,534

en.wikipedia.org

#15 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-03-24 08:55 PM | Reply

#9 Okay Boaz, you have convinced me. Racism against blacks in the US is all a big hoax. Those lynching's were just crisis actors. Segregation was faked. I believe you now.

#16 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-24 09:09 PM | Reply

"It's sorta like when black racists say the most outrageous type of racism happened to them"

Well now I'm curious.
What's the most outrageous racist thing that ever happened to you, Boaz?
Was it when a racist black person call you a Oreo?

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-24 10:10 PM | Reply

Hey, I've never been to an all white party where the red necks start spouting their racist hatred of black folks. No, that never happened/happens here in the South. BOAZ is just telling us the truth and our lying ears and eyes have been lying to us all these years.
If you are white and happen to be at a party of red necks, trust me, they will believe you're as big of a racist as they are and then the racial crap flows. I don't care who you are, what color you are, where you are, that's just the truth.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-25 07:59 AM | Reply

Haters can pretend this isn't happening, that's what they do. Unfortunately though the people who it is happening to don't have that opportunity.

BOAZ is truly a sick human being. I've never joined the group that denies he's even black but I'm getting closer.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-25 08:02 AM | Reply

#9 BOA

The part about a homeless racist making threats or that Cheney couldn't flush Trump out and apply a vaneer of lead over his bronzer?

Using hooker urine to mask the whiskey is smart dude.

#20 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-03-25 08:15 AM | Reply

Run... Run... Runaway.....

news.trust.org

Like rats on a sinking ship...

CoronaFlu is still B.S.

#21 | Posted by Pegasus at 2020-03-25 10:21 AM | Reply

So some idiot, likely mental, shouts at a passerby because they are Asian? Forgive me but 2/3s of the humans on this planet live in Asia. I wonder if this guy could tell the difference between a Korean, a Japanese, a Vietnamese, a Mongolian, and one of the seven or so ethnic groups within China. Better to pack heat than to live in fear. Most crazies and criminals in Texas have learned have learned not to mug older women, they are the group that is most likely to be armed in public. Yes, 70% of CCPs are are issued to men, but it is women who carry most often.

#22 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-03-25 11:32 AM | Reply

CoronaFlu is still B.S.

#21 | Posted by Pegasus

Aren't members of your family infected with it?

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-25 11:54 AM | Reply

"Better to pack heat than to live in fear."

I saw somewhere, probably here, that gun sales were going up...and a lot of the sales were to Americans of Asian descent.

One of my closest friends is Chinese. I can see him beating the holy ---- out of this guy. A saw??? like what you cut would with?

That's not even a weapon. You should have beat the ---- out of that wierdo yourself.

#24 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-03-25 12:10 PM | Reply

While I agree there are issues with blatant racism this is honestly about mental health and the type of information conditioning everyone appears to be subject to.

#25 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-03-25 06:57 PM | Reply

Mental health is a scandal in America, has been for 50 years. In the 70s we dumped thousands of the mentally ill on the street under the guise of civil liberty. They were supposed to go to halfway houses that never existed. Hell, if an individual is so impaired the can not care for themselves, they need someplace to survive. Of course we could leave them to be victimized on the street with all their civil liberties intact.

#26 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-03-25 08:45 PM | Reply