Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Staten Island couple threw caution -- and a slew of dire government warnings -- to the wind Sunday by getting married in front of nearly two dozen people, several of them elderly, at a local Catholic church. Irene Sanzone and John Fuchs' afternoon nuptials at Our Lady of Pity Church in the Bulls Head section of the borough raised the wrath of the Archdiocese of New York, which oversees Staten Island's parishes. ... The bride and groom only offered f-bombs to a reporter after the service.

Comments

Party Zero: How a Soire in Connecticut Became a Super Spreader'

About 50 people gathered this month for a party in the upscale suburb of Westport, then scattered across the region and the world, taking the coronavirus with them.

#1 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-24 08:43 AM | Reply

I'm sure thousands of weddings which had been planned for months are going on. People don't' have to attend these weddings if they are afraid of contagion.

Why is this news?

#2 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-24 09:00 AM | Reply

Rich selfish dumbasses

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-03-24 09:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nothing is more beautiful than a Fox New Wedding. I just wish Sean Hannity could have attended but I'm pretty sure Sean is guarding his own health because he is one of the most important people in the universe. The universe needs a dumb ass like him to tell the little people what the big people want them to know and he does it daily.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 09:12 AM | Reply

"Why is this news?"

How many times does it need to be explained to you before you understand? You're not actually that stupid Goat.
One more time:

We need to limit the spread of the virus so that our healthcare systems will not be overwhelmed. Yes, it will extend the lifetime of the virus but will enable us to help millions survive it. Obviously, you aren't buying that argument but millions of us are so why should we allow a bunch of idiots jeopardize the health of everyone else?

Play: "Enemy of the People" by Ibsen. Perfect description of what happens when a health problem jeopardizes economic activity. Saw it when I was in 12th grade and never forgot it.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 09:19 AM | Reply

Danni, How many times does it have to be explained to you? Personal responsibility.

If people don't want to go to the wedding they don't have to go. You act like these people having a wedding obligates the invitees to attend. It doesn't. They actually have the power and the right to say, "No, I'm not going."

Wouldn't you say that? Or would you go?

#6 | Posted by goatman at 2020-03-24 09:57 AM | Reply

some good friends of ours have a daughter getting married in another week in Atlanta.

This issue is cancellation. If the venue cancels, then they'll refund the money...but if the family cancels....probably not.

So, it's a game of chicken as to whom actually cancels.

#7 | Posted by eberly at 2020-03-24 10:06 AM | Reply

Couple of -------- aren't they?

#8 | Posted by eberly at 2020-03-24 10:13 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Staten Island? Figures.

Evidence: went to elementary school in Staten Island

#9 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-03-24 11:05 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"If people don't want to go to the wedding they don't have to go."

But then they return to their own personal lives and carry whatever virus they picked up at the wedding. If is not just about personal responsibility, it is also about inflicting harm on everyone around you because of your own personal arrogance. Even if I didn't believe the healthcare professionals, I would still do as they say because I don't want to be responsible for spreading this disease to on single other person, but I do believe them because they have crazy stuff like science and logic backing them up.

People who ignore them should be dealt with as criminals. You may have the right to jeopardize your own life but not the lives of everyone around you.

For once, science and logic should prevail against ideology and politics.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 11:19 AM | Reply

@#9 ... Evidence: went to elementary school in Staten Island ...

Which area?

I was on the south shore.

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-03-24 11:21 AM | Reply

Rich selfish dumbasses

Wow, your envy and hatred of people who can actually take care of themselves is showing. Where did it say they were rich?

Just because they can afford to come out of the house, as opposed to you?

#12 | Posted by boaz at 2020-03-24 11:32 AM | Reply

"Just because they can afford to come out of the house, as opposed to you?"

What is really wrong inside someone who would post that?

Sorry, that couple was probably too stupid to understand what was wrong with their actions and I can forgive them for it but that doesn't change the fact that their actions did possibly spread illnesses to many other people. That isn't going to be erased just because it is inconvenient. If I can isolate at home then so could they. they could have had any wedding they desire in a month or two, or three, or twelve. Probably, those getting married should grow the hell up first.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 11:47 AM | Reply

He was probably referring to post #1.

#14 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-24 11:47 AM | Reply

Sorry, "she" was probably referring to the people mentioned in post #1 who've actually led a worldwide spread of COVID by attending one party in Westport.

#15 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-03-24 11:51 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Half the people infected in Uruguay are traced back to one single person who showed up at a wedding after arriving from Spain. Just saying...

#16 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-03-24 11:53 AM | Reply

@#15 ... probably referring to the people mentioned in post #1 who've actually led a worldwide spread of COVID by attending one party in Westport. ...

Having been to both areas (Bulls Head, S.I. and Westport, CT, I'd agree.

Bulls Head is a working community.

Westport is an affluent community.

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-03-24 11:55 AM | Reply

The couple should celebrate the day they demonstrated that they don't give a crap about anyone except themselves for the rest of their stupid lives. I pray they don't procreate.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-24 12:06 PM | Reply

#14 and #15,

Then I withdraw my trolling attempt :)..

#19 | Posted by boaz at 2020-03-24 12:16 PM | Reply

Bring back Prima Nocta for sociopathic --------.

#20 | Posted by contrecoup at 2020-03-24 12:27 PM | Reply

All attendees were given Chloroquine so I'm sure it's fine.

#21 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2020-03-24 12:33 PM | Reply

I would like to send a gift.
Anyone know which cemetery they're registered at?

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-24 02:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

" Which area? I was on the south shore."

Annadale.

#23 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-03-24 05:42 PM | Reply

These aren't Christian these are trashy people too dumb to realize they don't believe in anything Jesus taught.

#24 | Posted by Tor at 2020-03-24 11:20 PM | Reply

I usually find your logic flawed but in this case I agree with "inflicting harm on everyone around you because of your own personal arrogance."

These people (yes, I said these) are the very same selfish, inconsiderate people that drive while using their phone endangering the lives of everyone on the road. These people will try to justify their actions with statements like "but I was using hands-free mode" or "I was listening to email with text-to-speech." Poor excuses at best.

Study after study shows that these technologies do little or nothing to improve concentration while driving and their use makes the person a danger on the road. Yet, these people continue to use it.

I'm passionate about this as I ride a motorcycle - there are no "fender benders" in motorcycling and too many stupid, stupid people operating cars with phone distractions!

#25 | Posted by Gr8Music at 2020-03-25 08:03 AM | Reply

The Bride looks like a Beastzilla.

#26 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-03-25 12:12 PM | Reply