Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Anchors at Fox News failed to meaningfully challenge President Trump as he repeatedly misled the network's viewers during a virtual town hall on Tuesday, effectively surrendering its airwaves to the President as he even appeared to cite a conspiratorial outlet to argue his case. ... Trump, for instance, repeatedly compared the coronavirus to the seasonal flu. "We've never closed down the country for the flu," the President said. Hemmer, however, repeatedly failed to note that Covid-19 has a significantly higher mortality rate than the seasonal flu. The World Health Organization has estimated the mortality rate to be 3.4%.

Comments

Maybe people will finally wake up to the insipid cancer in our society that is the GOP.

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-25 09:24 AM | Reply

"Trump, for instance, repeatedly compared the coronavirus to the seasonal flu"

He's worried about re-election again. Or his money again. Likely both.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-25 09:25 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Donald Trump is a hateful and dangerous man. Those who support him? With the exclusion of some profoundly stupid and ignorant, also hateful and dangerous.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-25 09:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#1 Good luck with that. More likely is folks will believe his lies and die because of it. But that will be their own fault for being stupid and expecting the President to have their best interest at heart.

#4 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-03-25 09:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

ZED

He only had two paths to re-election ~~ low unemployment and the economy (aka stock market).

Both have dropped out from under his feet.

Therefore, the lies will get longer, more ridiculous and more desperate as time runs out for him.

I hope by now everybody is aware of that.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-25 09:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Anyone stupid enough to watch Fox News sort of deserves to be lied to. People who do not actually want the truth find people like Trump to lie to them so they can hear what they want to hear.

Hey "Winners" how are your 401Ks doing. Did anyone tell you that the Trump economy was basically the same as that Great Bush economy?

#6 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-25 09:56 AM | Reply

I don't know why everyone is afraid to challenge him. It seems the only one to call it is George Conway. I'm like most others now.. Make my own decisions to protect my family and what's mine and what I think is best. Kinda like when it's hurricane season.

#7 | Posted by penguinhead at 2020-03-25 09:58 AM | Reply

I don't know why everyone is afraid to challenge him (Trump).

#7 | Posted by penguinhead at

The sad truth is that most people are frightened to death of someone being "mean" to them.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-25 10:59 AM | Reply

Among depressed people watching, how many suicides occurred during that two hours? Folks, don't off yourself, help us beat the orange monster.

#9 | Posted by grumpy_too at 2020-03-25 11:04 AM | Reply

I was hoping this would be enough for his ego, so he would not show up for the daily virus updates.

No such luck, everyone.

#10 | Posted by Judity at 2020-03-25 11:24 AM | Reply

Fox viewers have stronger stomachs than me. About 15 minutes of Orange Hitler is about all I can stand and really, since he rambles and repeats himself over an over, you've heard all he has to say in probably about 5 minutes. Haven't we all watched him enough to know he is a senile old man? Nothing against senile old men but for President?
Gov. Cuomo for President!

#11 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-25 11:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I hope by now everybody is aware of that.
#5 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

Everything will be fine by Easter.

I hope everyone is aware of that!

Easter is a perfect time to gather together in a pandemic. It's perfect. You know like the perfect phone call and the perfect transcript (that we never saw).

Also, remember as the pandemic spreads and your loved ones die, Gawd loves you. It's just that heaven is relatively empty and Gawd is getting lonely.

#12 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-25 11:38 AM | Reply

Gov. Cuomo for President!

#11 | POSTED BY DANNI

Bears repeating repeating repeating!

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-25 11:49 AM | Reply

Democrats are desperate to throw Biden under the bus, just weeks after declaring him the nominee. lol

#14 | Posted by nullifidian at 2020-03-25 11:56 AM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Someone woke up on the wrong side of their Meth this morning.

#15 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-03-25 12:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Democrats are desperate to throw Biden under the bus, just weeks after declaring him the nominee."

He threw student loan borrowers under the bus years ago. DNC likes him, we will vote for him over Trump. That's the only thing that's important.

Cuomo for President!!! Hey, think of it this way, in the Great Republican Depression of 1929 who came to the rescue? Gov. of NY. Time to repeat that history and bring about another 50 years of Democratic prosperity.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-25 12:24 PM | Reply

... Anchors at Fox News failed to meaningfully challenge President Trump as he repeatedly misled the network's viewers ...

Why is this a surprise.

How Fox News behaved is exactly how Pres Trump wants all news outlets to behave --- fawning adulation, i.e., don't challenge anything Pres Trump says, no matter how much of a lie it is or how incorrect it is.

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-03-25 12:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"I don't know why everyone is afraid to challenge him. "

The IMPOTUS Donald told you what to say and I quote

"I'd like to punch him in the face."

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-25 12:47 PM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Someone woke up on the wrong side of their Meth this morning.

#15 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

Nulli is fried. As usual.

One dimensional Nulli does not realize there is more than one election to consider. Apparently.

Gov Cuomo is only 62 years young.

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-25 12:52 PM | Reply

Look challenging him does no good for the most part. People either know he's full of sheet or they gobble every word. It's hilarious listening to my pro-Trump friends try to come up with logic for what he says and does. I love to destroy all of it in a sentence or two explaining why they are being stupid - of course I don't say - "my god you are being stupid".

#20 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-03-25 01:58 PM | Reply

"The answer is to do what Humpy would do... it's iez pz to any Marine who has ever been in any bar fight.

How in the Hell would you know? I've never encountered a fellow Marine that posts like a 12 year old or soils his pants at the sight of someone carrying an AR-15.

#21 | Posted by willowby at 2020-03-25 02:02 PM | Reply

#21 | Posted by willowby

Not to stoke the gun debate on this thread... But that post needs an answer. Don't mistake people having disdain for all the idiots running around with their AR-15s as soiling their pants. It's what a fool would do. It is the weapon of choice for the biggest mass shooters. Too many people have died because tools think everyone should have one "cuz amendment 2" as Trump would say. I own many guns and I am a hunter. I have yet to see anyone hunt with one. I see no reason to own an AR-15 or guns of similar nature unless you are looking to kill people.

#22 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-03-25 03:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Hopefully Hair Furor gave some more gratis medical advice about gamechanging drugs that have been shown to work against COVID-45, it would be good to thin the Faux herd some.

#23 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-03-25 04:39 PM | Reply

#21 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

That's weird.

Me either.

I guess we are more alike than I would like to admit.

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-25 09:38 PM | Reply

"It is the weapon of choice for the biggest mass shooters."

Which begs the question of course.

What would a willowby do?

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-25 09:44 PM | Reply