Thursday, March 26, 2020

KUOW is monitoring White House briefings for the latest news on the coronavirus " and we will continue to share all news relevant to Washington State with our listeners. However, we will not be airing the briefings live due to a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time.

Comments

Maybe they just aren't up to fact-checking before reporting? "NPR had to fact-check its own fact-check, showing President Trump wasn't wrong after all when he said over 50,000 Americans could die from the flu this year."

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-26 01:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So you're saying they should air his lies as they come out of his mouth and be able to instantly fact check them?

Like a sign language interpreter.

Wouldn't it just be easier for him not to lie like most of us breathe?

#2 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 01:41 PM | Reply

Oh.

The 2 sentences that made up the tweet were too much heavy reading for you and you posted without having any idea what you were talking about.

I get it.

And to be fair they are above average length sentences.

Definitely more than the typical amount of words that most people would use...

#3 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 01:49 PM | Reply

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed

Why are you complaining about a public service?

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-26 01:56 PM | Reply

Maybe they just aren't up to fact-checking before reporting?

What part of carrying "airing the briefings live" are you not comprehending?

#5 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-26 01:59 PM | Reply

Oh,,,

A newsworthy flag.

2 people couldn't be bothered with reading those 2 lllloooonnnnggggg sentences.

#6 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 03:19 PM | Reply

It's a reasonable public safety precaution from a responsible broadcaster operating in a Covfefe-45 hotspot.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-26 03:20 PM | Reply

You wanna bet on who flagged it "Newsworthy?"
I have no doubt. It's Nullifidian.

#8 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-26 03:36 PM | Reply

Nullifidian.

#8 | POSTED BY YAV

I saw a post that said that guy was sitting out a ban.

Think of what a psss poor, shhtty, sorry ------------- existence one would have to lead to not be able to make a post here but show up daily flagging shht the other rttards in your crew post.

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 03:41 PM | Reply

"It's almost as sad as the time I didn't post here for 3 months or so and one sorry, sad, miserable excuse of a human being made a few posts about me here every week."

You could have been gone for 30 years and it wouldn't have added up to anything compared to how much was posted about Goatman in his absence.

THAT is sad.....

#10 | Posted by eberly at 2020-03-26 03:44 PM | Reply

#10 It's Goatman's blog. RCade just runs it. :)

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-26 03:51 PM | Reply

Goatman

#10 | POSTED BY EBERLY

And not one of those posts was made by me.

I think copying and pasting your post is as close as I've ever came to typing those 2 words in conjunction.

#12 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 03:57 PM | Reply

THAT is sad.....

#10 | POSTED BY EBERLY

It's also sad that you have to resort to whataboutism instead of agreeing that a grown man flagging comments on a blog that he's banned from posting on makes him a sorry sack of shht.

It would have also been acceptable to pass on saying anything.

I guess you're a sad fcck, too.

Twice.

#13 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 04:42 PM | Reply

I'm not sad......I'm laughing in your face, metaphorically speaking.

you poor thing.....

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2020-03-26 04:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I'm not sad......I'm laughing in your face"

Eberly is our Pagliacci.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-26 04:55 PM | Reply

I'm not sad......

#14 | POSTED BY EBERLY

I don't think I'm the only one who will disagree.

I hope you follow this up by telling me not to talk to you anymore.

Again.

LOL

#16 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-03-26 05:02 PM | Reply

I listen to NPR in my car all the time. I've noticed more and more leading, hostile questions during some interviews. Hounding guests, using loaded assertions pretending to be questions, or building a master cake question decorated with "American's fear and confusion". LOL.

So much drama and fan fiction.

#17 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-27 01:58 AM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

Expect this dead horse to be beaten to dust in about a week.

Of course she ignores the fact that Faux News went to court for the right to lie to their audience and we see the results of their "win" everyday.

#18 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-27 09:29 AM | Reply

I was home all this past week so I could listen to his briefings. They are doing him a favor by not putting them on the air. He sounds like he has lost his mind. He repeats and wanders as if he is a senile old man. Wait a minute....he is a senile old man. I don't hate senile old men but I do know one whan I listen to one.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-28 07:01 AM | Reply

He repeats and wanders as if he is a senile old man.

Not always. He's fairly well focused when he's talking about himself.

#20 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-03-28 07:11 AM | Reply

Funny that he was blasted for not doing daily briefings, the thought was he'd damage himself politically by saying a bunch of stupid things.

So, he starts doing daily briefings (I haven't listened to them) and surely has said some dumb things, yet both the approval rating of his handling of CV plus overall approval ratings have climbed as these briefings have continued.

This is why these live briefings are starting to be blocked. A daily POTUS briefing is news. Cover it and fact-check it. THAT is how journalism is supposed to work.

Our press has become so hyper-partisan, it really has become embarrassing.

#21 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-03-28 12:01 PM | Reply

The press is supposed to be partisan towards facts, especially when it comes to facts about a disease with no cure and no vaccine, JeffJ.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-28 12:03 PM | Reply