Thursday, March 26, 2020

Some of the U.S. troops at Naval Base Guam, located on the western side of the U.S. territory at Apra Harbor, were assembled into 100-man working parties to begin transforming some of the base's facilities into temporary quarantine shelters for some of the 5,000 service members arriving from the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt, a naval vessel where COVID-19 is spreading.

Comments

It is difficult to keep a "social distance" on an aircraft carrier.

This is not good.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-03-26 04:03 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Militarism is not good. Mothball the --------.

#2 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-03-26 04:06 PM | Reply

I have some comforting news for the troops!

Take it from your Comrade MadBomber,
I'm in a demographic where I'm only at risk unless I have some weird quirk in my immune system.
#134 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-26 04:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Slackers using the dem hoax to get shore leave. Fire them all.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-26 04:25 PM | Reply

We should just sacrifice 600,000 Active Duty Military Personnel to save the economy.

That's they job anyway.
They knew the risks when they signed up.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-26 04:45 PM | Reply

My daughter was on that ship 5 years ago. She went around the world on it right after she graduated from bootcamp.

My wife and I got to board The Roosevelt in San Diego.

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-26 04:59 PM | Reply

"Militarism is not good. "

Debate for a different day. Right now the health of our Sailors and Marines is what is important. Any of them could be my son or even my grandson. I've been doing a lot of praying lately, guess I better get busy again. Lucky I'm not working right now, it gives me lots of time to pray. And I'm not religious, agmpstic actually, but praying seems to be my new hobby and those Sailors and Marines will be at the top of my list tonight. Growing up as the child of a military aviator who was stationed on aircraft carriers a good portion of my childhood sort of makes me feel conneced to those brave souls.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-26 08:45 PM | Reply

Fire them all.

#4 | POSTED BY BORED

Heck no! To the brig with them all for perpetuating a fraud against the gubmint. If they get the virus then you can charge them with destruction of government property!

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-26 08:59 PM | Reply

That's they job anyway.
They knew the risks when they signed up.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-26 04:45 PM

Granddad didn't get to go home sick from the trenches in France in ww1 when the dysentery ran wild .They were real men that did their duty!

#9 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-03-26 09:00 PM | Reply

"They were real men that did their duty!"

As our Sailors and Marines are doing right now.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-26 09:04 PM | Reply

As our Sailors and Marines are doing right now.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-26 09:04 PM

Oh naive Danni these young men are now needed at the latest crisis point in Wartime America: Operation Invisible Scourge - Protecting the Northern border.They will form a line across america 30 miles south of us//cdn border

Donald is scared folks like Redial and myself are going abandon our socialist healthcare to sneak into America and buy us some real American Healthcare.

#11 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-03-26 09:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

Scotty, your humor is welcome but don't be surprised if some here take your comments seriously.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2020-03-27 08:29 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY SCOTTY

Yeah! Do your dooty squids!

They can do their dooty out on the ---- deck like real men!

But I gotta say, a tin can full of sick sailors doesn't sound like much fun to me. Glad I done my dooty already. Hang in there sailors. Maybe you will make until November when we can rescue you from the CIC, the Complainer in Chief.

#13 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-27 10:54 AM | Reply

#6 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-26 04:59 PM

No A school?

#14 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2020-03-27 11:51 AM | Reply

- No A school?

No, she went through some program that rotated her through several job or rate positions. She eventually settled on Yeoman and now works as the admin for the commander at Norfolk Naval War School or something.

#15 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-27 12:08 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY SHEEPLESCHISM

She went in undes and worked in deck Dept for a year or so? O_O.

#16 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-03-27 03:47 PM | Reply

Aircraft carriers. County jails. Densely packed cities. Any closed location with a high population. There is a reason all public meeting places are shutting down. Casinos, offices, offices, restaurants, schools. As much as the Orange Idiot may be smirking, social distancing is the difference between life and death for tens of thousands of people.

#17 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-03-27 03:55 PM | Reply

The orange lard barge should land on the deck of the USS Theodore Roosevelt in a blimp so that he can stage a photo op under a mission accomplished' banner.

#18 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2020-03-27 05:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#11 How much does it cost you to get tested? How about treated? Oh, also how is the death rate in Canada compared to the US?

#19 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-28 01:55 AM | Reply

#18 Well they would have to be careful that Trump landed in the middle of the ship.

#20 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-28 01:56 AM | Reply

#19 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-28 01:55 AM | Reply

nothing,nothing.Look it up yourself.

#21 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-03-28 05:00 AM | Reply