Friday, March 27, 2020

A lot of media attention has been focused on what people are hoarding amid the coronavirus pandemic, but social media is captivated by what we're leaving behind.

Comments

The stuff that supermarkets pass off as tofu meat substitutes are crap. Actual tofu itself is great, if you know how to prepare it. The best vegan dinner I ever had was made by Buddhists in China on Thanksgiving of 2009. They used things like tofu, mushrooms, eggplant and taro to make things that were textured and tasted like meat dishes. And it was fresh.

#1 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-03-27 07:17 AM | Reply

That's a great article. funny because it's so true.

#2 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2020-03-27 03:56 PM | Reply

I guess there is a panic point where people will buy vegetarian "meat". For the first few days there was plenty of morning star farms and gardein then about a week ago that started to look picked over now it's just as bare as the rest of the shelves. Kinda sucks cause as a vegetarian we were thinking oh no worries we'll be able to get plenty. Now well F me I guess.

#3 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2020-03-27 04:28 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY TAOWARRIOR

What also sucks is I'm guessing a lot of it will end up in landfills.

People impulse/panic bought and in a week trash cans full of produce will be tossed.

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-27 05:52 PM | Reply

@#3 ... I guess there is a panic point where people will buy vegetarian "meat". ...

The local supermarket had a sign in the entrance that there was not a food shortage, that the supply chain for food is OK so far.

It went on to say that there may be some items that are temporarily out of stock, but at this point, those occurrences look temporary.

For example, one week, there was no pork. The next week, there was ample pork, but the chicken was running low.

My concern at this point is not the supply of food as much as it is the ability of the supermarket to stay open.

Then there are these low-lifes to be concerned about...

Woman intentionally coughs on fresh food in grocery store, police say
www.ksat.com

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-03-27 09:24 PM | Reply

Dude! That's so messed up.

If I even have a tickle in my throat I try and suppress the cough for fear of freaking out anyone within hearing distance. That has been tough since it's allergy season so post-nasal drip is a bear.

#6 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2020-03-27 10:01 PM | Reply

Woman intentionally coughs on fresh food in grocery store, police say
www.ksat.com

#5 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

Sick

But.

You knew that was coming.

A good 38 percent of us are still deplorables.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-28 01:14 PM | Reply