Sunday, March 29, 2020

Three polls released over the last week show Joe Biden leading President Donald Trump among voters nationwide, despite the uptick in Trump's approval rating as his administration confronts the coronavirus outbreak engulfing the U.S.

Comments

Yeah, okay. O'Biden by a landslide. Sleep well with that comforting news.

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-29 10:36 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I mentioned this yesterday. Two things are happening at once. People are rallying around the flag while continuing to hate Trump.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-29 10:59 AM | Reply

Yeah, okay. O'Biden by a landslide. Sleep well with that comforting news.

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-

At this rate the death count passes 10,000 by next weekend.

I don't see how Trump survives that, no matter how many relief checks he signs with his sharpie.

His play will be postponing or cancelling the elections.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-29 11:01 AM | Reply

What I'd like to know from people like GRACIE is:

1) How high the death count must get before you lose your attachment to Trump?

2) If Donald cancels the election, are you in?

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-29 11:03 AM | Reply

Sleep well with that comforting news.

#1 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

It is comforting to see the potential for a more stable future.

I will definitely sleep better with Biden at the helm than I have with der Grabbenfurher

I am wore out from all this "winning" and constantly hanging on for my life during Mr Trumpy Toads Wild Ride.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-29 11:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Zed these are example's of why I don't respond to you and others here. Not sure if it's ignorance or panic posting to get reactions. Carry on.

#3 Link to 10,000 US deaths in the next 7 days?

#4 The U.S. Constitution does not grant the president the authority to set or change election dates. Article 1, Section 4 and Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution place that authority in the hands of the the individual states and the U.S. Congress. Since 1854, election day in the United States has been set as the Tuesday following the first Monday in November. Any change to that date would need to be approved by Congress.

#6 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-03-29 11:13 AM | Reply

#3 Link to 10,000 US deaths in the next 7 days?

The rate of death is currently doubling every two days, -------.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-29 11:17 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#6 | Posted by gracieamazed

Trump doesn't follow the Constitution when the Constitution is in his way.

Think Emoluments.

People like you are going to be among the first to die, in this plague or in the Zombie Apocalypse to follow.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-29 11:18 AM | Reply

Zed these are example's of why I don't respond to you and others here.

6 | Posted by gracieamazed

You don't respond by not responding.

#9 | Posted by Zed at 2020-03-29 11:20 AM | Reply

The U.S. death total has doubled in two days, and a federal infectious disease expert (Dr. Fauci) says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die before the crisis is over.

www.usatoday.com

Here's the wake-up call: Dr. Fauci continues to be optimistic, and I continue to hope he's right. He's assuming a 1% mortality rate and we're solidly at 1.8% as of this morning.

#10 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-29 11:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 Link to 10,000 US deaths in the next 7 days?

It's called math.

Still having trouble with the math?

Today's death toll is 2000

It is doubling every 2 days now. Can you do the math?

Let me help.

+2 days = 4000
+4 days = 8000
+6 days = 16000
+8 days = 32000
+10 days= 64000
+12 days =128000

So with math I can predict that in 10 days the American death toll will be over 100,000.

Math. In this case exponential growth.

"number of reported coronavirus deaths doubled to over 2,000 nationwide within two days."

www.cnn.com

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-29 11:48 AM | Reply

The next two weeks are going to be a life taking, and life changing for a lot of people.

Zed these are example's of why I don't respond to you and others here.

#6 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

It would be interesting to see if Gracie will even respond to this, two weeks from today. She'll probably deny this conversation ever occurred.

#12 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-03-29 12:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 | Posted by gracieamazed

You say this like you still believe that Trump has ever read or cares about what's in the Constitution.

#13 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-03-29 12:24 PM | Reply

Sleep well with that comforting news.

#1 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

I will sleep better knowing Trump isn't in office any longer.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-29 12:29 PM | Reply

The rate of death is currently doubling every two days, -------.

#7 | POSTED BY ZED

Wait for more than two data points before saying this so confidently.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-29 12:33 PM | Reply

Wait for more than two data points before saying this so confidently.

#15 | POSTED BY JPW

Ok. What does that mean. It has to double twice more before you believed the science. This virus will continue to take lives exponentially if we do not start full scale testing of everyone and lock down the country. Like Chiba did. How many more need to die before you are convinced?

2000, 4000 or 8000? Maybe when we get to 16000 you will be convinced?

You see by then, if we do not take the proper actions, it will be too late. Especially for 16000 of us.

The virus does not care.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-29 12:38 PM | Reply

Chiba = China

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-29 12:39 PM | Reply

LOL I love that you're chiding a scientist with pure emotion.

Waiting for data instead of hysterics isn't a bad thing.

#18 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-29 01:12 PM | Reply

Waiting for data is exactly what we have to do. Fauci's estimate didn't give a time frame. This is bad enough without exacerbating anxiety. Already we're seeing rises and drop-offs. There is volatility. We need more data, then we can then look at the trend line, tweak models, and adjust public safety policy.

Right now, we need to stay on top of this and continue to push to flatten this curve.

#19 | Posted by YAV at 2020-03-29 01:45 PM | Reply

"Waiting for data is exactly what we have to do. Fauci's estimate didn't give a time frame"

They don't want to tell you the time frame, because it's 18 months or longer.

The guy wants to keep his job, okay? We want him to keep his job.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-29 01:52 PM | Reply

"Coronavirus live updates: Anthony Fauci says millions of Americans face infection, 200,000 could die"

Technically correct!

150 million is "millions."

If a million die, 200,000 surely died too.

If you can't figure out why they are slow-walking this, let me know so I can plonk you, because you are too stupid for me to waste my genius retorts on.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-29 01:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

We've also been warned that there's going to be an uptick in crime. Desperate people take desperate measures. My own house was broken into just a few days ago. Some valuable item were taken between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. while I was out.

I never thought I would have to live like this but today I bought a very strong, very heavy safe. It wasn't the value of the items stolen as much as the violation I felt. I have reason to believe the thief is somebody I know.

#22 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-29 02:07 PM | Reply

#3 Link to 10,000 US deaths in the next 7 days?
#6 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

GracieAmazed,
Pray you age better than that comment.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-29 02:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Joe Biden leading President Donald Trump among voters nationwide"

Biden is doing the smart thing. He's letting Trump defeat himself ~ as in "give him enough rope, etc., etc."

#24 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-29 04:17 PM | Reply

Waiting for data instead of hysterics isn't a bad thing.

#18 | POSTED BY JPW

Except when waiting for "2 more data points" to be convinced means possibly 10s of thousands of more deaths.

Doesn't seem wise to me.

Even for a scientist.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-29 04:45 PM | Reply

Re 22

Sorry to hear that. Things are bad enough without people stealing from people.

I hope you can find some peace and security again amid this chaos.

#26 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-03-29 04:49 PM | Reply

#11, why stop at +12. Keep going until you get to this time next year.

Is there a plateau or will it just keep going, like the ND.

#27 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-03-29 05:15 PM | Reply

Thanks, DONNER

What they stole only had a value of about $60. They missed the $10,000 in cash I had stashed in a night stand in case the banks went ka-poot during this crisis. No one knew about that except me.

Having this safe now gives me the peace and security I never knew I needed until now. I hated carrying all that cash with me for the past few days every time I left the house.

I'm really annoyed more than anything else, having to go through all this bother. I know who the thief is. I just can't prove it.

#28 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-29 05:48 PM | Reply

I know who the thief is. I just can't prove it.

Nothing says "---- you" like a car bomb.

Ok. My bad. I didn't say that.

We need an edit feature.

#29 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-03-29 07:47 PM | Reply

"I know who the thief is. I just can't prove it."

#30 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-29 07:49 PM | Reply

Doesn't seem wise to me.
Even for a scientist.

#25 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

If you want to speak confidently and with an informed position you have no choice.

Seeing as nobody has a magic wand to stop this, we have no choice but to watch and wait.

And it's not "to be convinced". I'm not in need of convincing.

#31 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-30 12:14 AM | Reply

Infection and death rates don't stay exponential forever. They slow down, Ro drops as the infection runs out of hosts to infect.

But what we will see first is the impact of social distancing, which will also lower Ro.

#32 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-30 12:35 AM | Reply

"They slow down, Ro drops as the infection runs out of hosts to infect."

Only ~300,000,000 Americans to go, then.
So Much Winning!
#MAGA

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-03-30 12:42 AM | Reply

We're not anywhere close to that yet.

#34 | Posted by jpw at 2020-03-30 12:52 AM | Reply

Didn't say we were. Which is why I said we would see the effects of social distancing first.

If the US has 300k infections, doubling every 2 days, everyone would be infected in 20 days. And on the last 2 days, 150 million would get infected. So it won't be that long before the rate drops due to availability of hosts.

#35 | Posted by bored at 2020-03-30 01:02 AM | Reply

"A lot of people here think it should be legal for you to lure them into your garage and then murder them."

#30 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Over $60? That ridiculous.

Besides, I have something far more painful in mind . . . with no trace evidence.

#36 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-03-30 01:52 AM | Reply