Saturday, April 04, 2020

DUE TO THE RECENT PANDEMIC OF COVID-19 AFFECTING ALL OF US, PLEASE NOT THAT I AM WAIVING RENT FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL, 2020. STAY SAFE, HELP YOUR NEIGHBORS, AND WASH YOUR HANDS! THANK YOU, MARIO.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

It's probably better to lose a month or two of rent and retain stable tenants than kick them all out and lose even more money.

Comments

No, his name was not Donald Trump or Jared Kushner.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2020-04-03 03:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I was hoping Danforth would jump in on this.

I'm not sure, but I think that unpaid rents would result in a deduction on your tax bill. So if you're a landlord and you're not collecting rent due to COVID, it just comes off the taxes you owe. So the only way you might lose money is if the amount due in rent was greater than the amount you owed in taxes.

I've notified my property manager not to Worry about it if my tenants can't pay rent.

#2 | Posted by madbomber at 2020-04-04 12:04 PM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

I've asked my property manager to consider the tenant needs on a case by case basis. Most of them are already on fixed/government incomes, so their livelihood should not currently be affected.

#3 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-04-04 02:22 PM | Reply

Good for some, except that many small rental property owners live off that income and cannot tho this.

#4 | Posted by MSgt at 2020-04-04 06:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I was hoping Danforth would jump in on this.

#2 | POSTED BY MADBOMBER

All I can say is well down.

#5 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2020-04-05 04:56 AM | Reply

True although to an extent if you can't afford to forgo one months rent you probably over extended becoming a landlord.

#6 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2020-04-05 06:52 AM | Reply