Saturday, April 25, 2020

A White House official ordered a CNN reporter to give up her front-row seat and move to the back of the press room before President Donald Trump's briefing on Friday, in what appears to be another attempt by Trump to punish a network he calls "fake news."

Comments

How long until we get to "Say hello to my little friend!"?

#1 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-04-25 07:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The WH staff that tried to move her told the press pool reporter who was refusing to move from the back of the room that the Secret Service was involved with this decision.

Turns out the Secret Service had nothing to to with it.

Trump's WH staff are running amok.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-04-25 07:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Pres Trump as said that we need listen to him, and not to what he calls the "fake news."

Pres Trump, July 2018
""Stick with us. Don't believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news. ... What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 08:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump Cancels White House Daily Briefings Amid Criticism

President Donald Trump tweeted Saturday that his daily coronavirus briefings were not worth his time, two days after sparking a furor by suggesting patients might be injected with disinfectant to kill an infection. He appeared to confirm media reports that he was considering halting the briefings, which dominate early-evening cable television news for sometimes more than two hours, out of frustration with questions about his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. "What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately," Trump wrote. "They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!"

#4 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-04-25 08:22 PM | Reply

Well that was bound to happen. When's the Hannity interview from the Oval?

His skin is so thin it's a wonder he doesn't just explode.

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-04-25 08:27 PM | Reply

@#$

Link to Pres Trump's tweet...

mobile.twitter.com

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately. They get record ratings, & the American people get nothing but Fake News. Not worth the time & effort!
6:01 PM Apr 25, 2020Twitter for iPhone
23.7K Retweets
97.4K Likes

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 08:29 PM | Reply

@#6 ... What is the purpose of having White House News Conferences when the Lamestream Media asks nothing but hostile questions, & then refuses to report the truth or facts accurately. ...

I disagree with Pres Trump's premise, that he had reported things accurately.

If he had reported the truth or the facts accurately, then there may have been a very significant reason for continuing the press briefings-rallies.

But to use those press briefings-rallies as a means for him to promote less than accepted (some may say, indeed I proffer deadly) "medicines is just not right.

In a crisis, from the White House podium I expect leadership. I expect strategies. I expect plans.

I do not expect to hear things that may kill Americans.

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 08:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"White House Tried to Move a Reporter to the Back of the Press Room"

Was it Zombie Rosa Parks?

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 08:40 PM | Reply

@#8 ... Was it Zombie Rosa Parks? ...

If I may ask of you..

What's your, for lack of a better word, thing?

I have read your many comments here and I've noted that they seem to tend towards superficiality, with little or no insight or gravitas.

Yet I do see some manner of intelligence behind them, without which I'd think your alias is more of a troll.

Which begged my question, what's your thing here?

Just curious. :)

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 08:51 PM | Reply

Which begged my question, what's your thing here?
Just curious. :)
#9 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

Aww, shucks!
The body politic suffers from a tremendous and I daresay timeless sickness.
The sickness seems to be getting progressively worse in America.

As Paul explained in Two Corinthians,
"For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise."
So I'm here to suffer fools with a tremendous lack of grace, so others might see the folly of the fool's ways.

When that's not an option, which is hardly ever the case with a President who wonders about injecting Lysol, I strive to make insightful commentary.

I do it for The Kids, and anyone else who might be in possession of a curious mind, one not completely shuttered, but who sometimes can't discern the important difference between facts and alternate facts.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 09:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#10 ... So I'm here to suffer fools ...

Nah.

You need to do better than that.

imho, I doubt you are here as a punishment.

Try again.

#11 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 09:28 PM | Reply

"imho, I doubt you are here as a punishment."

Mine, or theirs?

You don't see me engaging the trolls and bottom feeders, calling out their false mythologies like Guns Keep Us Safe and Unions Harm Workers?

Who's the real victim of those failed policies?

It ain't me, knock on wood.

It's America.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 09:37 PM | Reply

Remember after impeachment, and Trump had his close friends and allies show up at the White House, concerned he was acting a little too big for his britches after being Totally Exonerated Yet Again?

That was when we started hearing about the Democrat Hoax Virus, right?

I think it's safe to say that was a failed intervention.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 09:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#12 ... Mine, or theirs? ...

Well, if you look at the question I asked, I'd say yours.

But that you actively seem to avoid the blunt question I ask is quite telling.

Regardless of the comments you proffer afterwards.

Thanks. You have answered my original question. And, due to the evasiveness of your comment, not favorably.

#14 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 09:51 PM | Reply

As an example, I feel like my exchanges with Willowby about the implications of his insistence that it's a Communist Chinese virus make it pretty clear what I'm trying to do here.

I connect their dots for them, in ways they haven't figured out, to reveal why their picture of the world is wrong.

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 09:57 PM | Reply

"I strive to make insightful commentary."

ROTFLMFAO!

#16 | Posted by willowby at 2020-04-25 10:01 PM | Reply

@#15 ... As an example ...
As an irrelevant example ...

FTFY.

(why not just admit that your cover is blown....)

;)

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 10:08 PM | Reply

Okay, okay. My cover is blown.

I'm Batman.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 10:15 PM | Reply

@#18 ... I'm Batman. ...

Nah. Don't fool yourself.

I saw some manner of intelligence behind the alias you use here.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Based upon your comments, I'd never think that you were Batman. Oh, wow, the contents of your comments have destroyed that appellation long, long ago.

That's so funny.

Thanks for that.

#19 | Posted by lamplighter at 2020-04-25 10:35 PM | Reply

"Based upon your comments, I'd never think that you were Batman."

Note to self:
Never play poker with LampLighter. He can see right through my most finely rehearsed bluffs.

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 10:40 PM | Reply

"I was only trying to discern the purpose for which that intelligence was being used."

I am fairly confident it's often more pathological than I would care to acknowledge!

Am I getting warmer?

;)

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-25 10:47 PM | Reply

@#20 ... Never play poker with LampLighter. ...

While I am flattered. ... For the record, if you ever have a chance to play poker with me, take it.

I've been told by poker players that my "tells" are most obvious. I've been told by my poker player friends that I am too honest of person than to play poker. :

I do note that you've continued to avoid the point I have raised.

And that's perfectly fine. The avoidance in your comments provides me the ability to read them appropriately.

Thanks for hanging in there.

#22 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-25 10:51 PM | Reply

Is he Robin?

#23 | Posted by censored at 2020-04-26 12:21 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I do note that you've continued to avoid the point I have raised."

I don't get your point.

You lost me when you said "imho, I doubt you are here as a punishment."

Maybe you can explain what you're angling at in a different way, because I wasn't attempting to convey I am here as punishment, but rather, to suffer fools egregiously.

#24 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-26 12:35 PM | Reply

Trump is such a coward. Loser.

#25 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-04-26 05:28 PM | Reply

Excuse the interruption you two. If you don't mind I'd like to make a comment on on the topic.

The briefing room seating is determined by the WHCA (White House Correspondence Association) according to a prescribed chart.

Trump's effort move CNN to the back of the room failed. He did, however, managed to get a couple of his favorite conspiratorial outlets moved up a row . . . off the back wall.

What we're witnessing now . . . in real time . . . is one of Trump's childish tantrums (the Hallmark of his administration) which infects everything from seating arrangements to foreign policy.

#26 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-04-26 10:21 PM | Reply

If you don't mind I'd like to make a comment on on the topic.

Who's the newbie?

#27 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-04-26 10:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

REDIAL

It's called intervention ~ LOL

Look at my post history. I'm irritating but also very successful at shutting down a thread that's run its course. ~ LOL

#28 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-04-26 11:54 PM | Reply

Yes, let's not talk about the nazis in the white house, let's split hairs because snoofy wore socks with sandals....before memorial day.

#29 | Posted by kudzu at 2020-04-27 11:34 AM | Reply

"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

Gotta love that quote.

When will we see him put reporters in a dunce cap and send them to the back of the class?

Most hateful and irresponsible and ignorant president ever in the history of history.

#30 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-04-27 12:09 PM | Reply

I assume Trump took Obama's precedent to heart when he tried to kick some media outlets out of the press room, didn't answer questions from the outlets he didn't like, etc.

Oh, wait, it's only bad if a Rep does it, amirite Dems? Come on, get your pitchforks! Forget that your messiah did it too!

Oh, and there are plenty of other POTUS's who have done it.

But let's make sure common sense stays as far away as possible from the discussion...

#31 | Posted by humtake at 2020-04-27 02:51 PM | Reply