Thursday, April 30, 2020

President Trump said Wednesday that he hoped to hold "massive" campaign rallies ahead of the November election despite what health experts say is the risk of a renewed outbreak of the coronavirus.

Comments

"I hope that we're going to be able to do some good, old-fashioned 25,000-person rallies where everyone is going wild because they love our country," Trump said.

But minutes later, asked whether social distancing guidelines were the cause of new infections leveling off, Trump said, "Maybe that's it."

"This is going away," Trump said. "This is going away. I think we're going to come up with vaccines and all, but this is going away, and when it's gone, we're going to be doing a lot of things."

Maybe he'll reignite his romance with Stormy.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-04-29 09:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

As I have said previously...

Pres Trump is more concerned about his re-election than he is concerned about the health of Americans. This recent comment justifies my opinion even more.

... That wouldn't look too good ...

Pres Trump seems to be more concerned about th eoptics of how his rallies look that he does about the health of Americans.

I have some other comments to post here, but I decided not to, except for...

--- - ------ ---- - ---- ----

(the site did not censor that, I did)

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-29 09:46 PM | Reply

"... That wouldn't look too good ..."

Is really the quote that prompted me to post the article.

Imagine if Obama had said that about... anything.

Trump has lowered expectations of his behavior so much that he really could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose any votes. Hell, he would gain votes if he shot a Dem.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2020-04-29 10:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

@#3 . ... Imagine if Obama had said that about... anything. ...

The problem, as I see it, is that we are so beyond that now.

We are beyond the "what if fmr Pres Obama had said that."

We are now in the

"Pres Trump has said that, so we have to justify it, even if it makes us look like total fools.

But please, will someone tell Pres Trump to stop saying those stupid things?"

aspect of this Presidency..

The Republicans have so shown their utter and wholesale hypocrisy that they may have difficulties retreating from the stakes they have pounded into the ground.

But this goes back to my comments from three or four years ago... why are the Republicans allowing themselves to be dragged down so low?

Are the Republicans so of the "we gotta win, no matter what the cost" NFL mindset that they still support the person currently occupying the Oval Office of this Great Country?

If so, I gotta ask, what has happened to the republicans of this Country?

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-04-29 10:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

If so, I gotta ask, what has happened to the republicans of this Country?

#4 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

They dumb. They let Fox News, Infowars and more extremist alt-right propaganda sources do their thinking for them. Then they just barf up and parrot the talking points.

#5 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-04-30 06:07 AM | Reply

Trump is losing in all of the battling ground states as of today according to his own Fox News.
He is down in Florida and They even have Biden up 1 in TEXAS. He loses Texas and the National GOnP is dead nationally.

#6 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-04-30 06:13 AM | Reply

He is too stupid to realize he is killing off his own base.

#7 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2020-04-30 06:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Do it now. Let the Darwinism begin.

#8 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-04-30 07:40 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 3

Do it now. Let the Darwinism begin.

#8 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-04

A lot of these people are just going to die. Many before November.

#9 | Posted by Zed at 2020-04-30 08:50 AM | Reply

Do it now. Let the Darwinism begin.

#8 | Posted by Nixon

If he times it right then they will all be sick by Election Day.

This could be too good to be true.

In other words, we should be so lucky.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-04-30 11:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Yeah...Rallies of Fools...
Oh, and sprinkled with the
odd Corporate Sellout or two,
smiling at their rally neighbors
all the way.........to the bank.

#11 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-04-30 12:47 PM | Reply

and in response to #6 above...

Never underestimate the GOP's
will to 'flat out cheat'...

It's worked b4...

#12 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-04-30 12:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump is fargin' Delusional. He sees only what he wants to.

#13 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-04-30 01:01 PM | Reply

Do it now. Let the Darwinism begin.

You're probably half joking, but I just want to point out that a Trumper getting rona'd at a rally doesn't end there. They shop at your grocery store and spread their illness to potential non-Trumpers. They send their infected children to school to infect other children, teachers, etc who might not be Trumpers. They end up hospitalized and infect innocent doctors, nurses and hospital staff who might not be Trumpers.

#14 | Posted by JOE at 2020-04-30 01:25 PM | Reply

#14, the disease is worse than the cure.

#15 | Posted by qcp at 2020-04-30 01:53 PM | Reply

sane people will be eyeing flame throwers to keep idiots from gathering.

#16 | Posted by Tor at 2020-04-30 02:16 PM | Reply

Trump seems to think he can kill his own voters and not lose any votes.

I wonder if this came out of the blue, or it's a pretty obvious progression from being able to shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and not lose any supporters.

Any Deplorables wanna answer that one?

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-30 02:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm hoping that Trump rents a 25,000 seat venue and nobody shows up.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-04-30 06:33 PM | Reply

I'm hoping that Trump rents a 25,000 seat venue and nobody shows up.

Rent? You sound like you think he might pay for something.

#19 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-04-30 06:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

I got my signed letter from The White House today!

Trump bought my vote for $1200, isn't that cool?

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-30 06:51 PM | Reply

SNOOFY

"I got my signed letter from The White House today!
Trump bought my vote for $1200, isn't that cool?"

Congrats! When I get my $1200 I'm sending it to Joe Biden's campaign.

That's cool-er.

#21 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-04-30 08:24 PM | Reply

Trump had the feds by 29 million doses of hydroxychloroquine. Maybe he can hand some of it out during the massive rallies in case anyone has Covid 19. What has he got to lose?

#22 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-04-30 09:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Actually it was the signed letter that bought my vote. It even says THE WHITE HOUSE on top. Obama never gave me one of those! I'm gonna put it next to my letter of recommendation from the Captain when I worked on the base that says UNITED STATES NAVY at the top. One of the two was actually typed on an IBM Selectric II, which is pretty damn historic if you ask me!

The $1200 just magically appeared in my bank account one day, kinda like the $200 from Bush and the I think it was $800 from Obama? I can't really remember the Obama one.

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-30 09:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"The $1200 just magically appeared in my bank account one day, "

When the Bushy check showed up I sent $100 to Obama. And by golly he won!

So I am sending $200 of Trumpy's check to Biden.

Seems so... appropriate.

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-01 12:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

as they spray spittle, high 5 each other, ------ over their free dumbs, forgot why they are there, and chant build the wall till their eyeballs burst in a heroic show of unity.

#25 | Posted by blasFme at 2020-05-01 03:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

When I see those heavily armed people shouting in each other's faces, spraying each other with spittle, I become joyful at the prospects of them all Darwining themselves before November.

The triage process for ventilators will cause many of them to die alone and in pain...kind of like the heck they're wishing on me. I am staying home with my missus, leaving the house infrequently, and wearing a real mask when we do so! We're getting weeks between gassing up either vehicle. While her truck gets 15mpg, it presently gets two months per tank! We rotate taking the vehicles out, and we keep the tires properly inflated and check the fluids.

We're already not eating very much fresh meat. We know about grain + legume + protein compliment. Wise up, people; that meat you enjoy will be disappearing from grocery stores sooner than later.

Funny flag!