Friday, May 01, 2020

In late February, when the stock market was beginning to fall over coronavirus fears, President Donald Trump held a briefing at the White House to reassure people that there was little chance of the virus causing significant disruption in the United States.

Comments

Wow. the novel coronavirus killed between 9.5 and 44 times more people than seasonal flu.

And it is more contagious.

Florida is going to get hammered.

#1 | Posted by bored at 2020-04-30 05:02 AM | Reply

It only cares about it's poll numbers. If Americans gotta die, then Americans gotta die.

Right now it's only concern is getting reelected so to avoid a grand jury in NY.

It has been wrong consistently from late December to now. The only time it was reasonable about it was when it's poll numbers were rising because of it's "leadership" in the early days. That leadership was full of lies and mismanagement.

"Anyone who wants a test can get one." - Lie.

"We will have 4,000,000 tests by the end of March." - Lie.

"It will go away like magic." - Lie.

Now after getting caught flat footed, taking it's sweet ass time getting PPE production up, giving tons of PPE to China, stealing PPE from the VA to send to the stockpiles the public is wise to it's incompetence.

If it thinks it's poll numbers are bad now, wait till the hearings start on it's response to the pandemic.

#2 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-04-30 07:36 AM | Reply

"I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it," he said. "The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me."

Never mind that COVID19 has killed 65,000 in just three months and the deaths are still ongoing. We will reach 100,000 - 200,000 deaths from the Democratic hoax.

#3 | Posted by danni at 2020-04-30 08:27 AM | Reply

I didn't know that Scientific American had an opinion section. I like my science without a political bias.

#4 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-04-30 04:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The only time it was reasonable was when it was crafting legislation to give trillions of dollars to corporations.

Once it passed it was right back to business as usual.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2020-04-30 04:20 PM | Reply

#4 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

You probably didn't know Scientific American existed until you opened this thread.

Also, it isn't politically biased one bit. But it's telling that you think it is.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2020-04-30 04:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

What it's telling is that you can't see bias with which you agree.

#7 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-04-30 04:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

^
Just to make this abundantly clear:
Trump is acknowledging that he wasn't aware of how deadly the flu is, when he disbanded the NSC pandemic team.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-30 04:36 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#4 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

There's three types of Deplorables.

Ones who are so old they've forgotten about the Tobacco Institute.
Ones who are so ignorant they've never heard of the Tobacco Institute.
Ones who have heard of the Tobacco Institute, and think the way to deal with fact vs fiction is to "teach the controversy," as though the two deserve to be on an equal footing.

Those last ones are the real danger. They know what they're dong. They are the ones who groom the other two types of Deplorables.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-04-30 04:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What it's telling is that you can't see bias with which you agree.

#7 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

Noting that stats that are being compared aren't measuring the same thing isn't bias idiot.

It's amazing how you fools now think the entire world is against you and have yet to stop and think whether YOU are the problem.

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2020-04-30 04:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What it's telling is that you can't see bias with which you agree.

#7 | POSTED BY VISITOR_

Reality has a well known liberal bias.

#11 | Posted by gtbritishskull at 2020-05-01 10:04 PM | Reply

This is required reading for all. Not that Visitor or Michigan dummies are going to pay attention to facts that get in the way of their ridiculous agenda.

#12 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2020-05-02 06:31 AM | Reply

I didn't know that Scientific American had an opinion section. I like my politics without a scientific bias.

#4 | POSTED BY VISITOR_