Thursday, April 30, 2020

The university town of Lund in Sweden is to dump a tonne of chicken manure in its central park in a bid to deter up to 30,000 residents from gathering there for traditional celebrations to mark Walpurgis Night on Thursday.

Comments

That won't stop our Visitor_

He loves to wallow in that stuff.

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-04-30 01:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

They have to dump a ton of trump to keep people away?

Well so much for the claim that less religion makes a country sooooooo much smarter.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2020-04-30 01:55 PM | Reply

I thought Sweden was the right's model country of how to let COVID spread right?

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2020-04-30 03:48 PM | Reply

"Walpurgis Night"

I guess I could google that if I cared. It sounds like an all night kegger.

But it's their business and none of my own.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-04-30 08:06 PM | Reply

Fresh chicken manure would probably keep revelers away, irritate nearby businesses and residents (especially those downwind), and probably severely damage (burn) any grass or other vegetation that it is applied /dumped on.

#5 | Posted by lduvall at 2020-05-01 06:20 AM | Reply

Very curious how they plan to eventually remove it from the park when the virus problem is resolved.

Similar to the CA town which dumped sand in the skatepark, can't just shopvac all the material away.

#6 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-05-01 03:02 PM | Reply

You think the ---- will still be there in 2022, GoNoles?

I expect it will have fertilized the grass by then.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-01 03:11 PM | Reply

I expect it will have fertilized the grass by then.
#7 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Hope so LOL! Another poster made a good point about concentrated chicken ---- killing grass so I'm curious how this tactic will age. Certainly immediately effective at deterring visitors.

#8 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-05-02 11:44 PM | Reply