Friday, May 08, 2020

Non-essential doctor's appointments are off the table as patients shelter at home to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Colonoscopies, mammograms, and screenings that diagnose cancer have fallen dramatically, as have other cancer-related appointments.

Comments

#1 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-05-08 01:33 PM | Reply

"I wonder how many more will die because they're afraid of or disallowed from going to an appointment."

The medical group I go has been encouraging people to come in for colonoscopies, mammograms and other routine screenings. This week two local hospitals have begun doing elective surgeries again, and next week several others are scheduled to do the same. So folks who aren't afraid can get appointments, but I'm not sure what will encourage those who are afraid to venture out. Maybe if the number of cases and deaths in their given area continue to drop. Probably not if they don't.

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-05-08 01:54 PM | Reply

Cancer is a hoax.
It is no worse than a pimple.
There are only 15 cases of cancer in the US, and soon there will be zero.
Cancer goes away in the summer, like a miracle.
We aren't reporting causes of death, so cancer may be cured already.

You can't tell me to stop smoking, drinking and eating fast food. Freedum!

#3 | Posted by bored at 2020-05-08 02:22 PM | Reply

Cancer is a hoax

Seems like a silly thing to say.

#4 | Posted by LIVE_OR_DIE at 2020-05-08 04:55 PM | Reply

Bored, Stop spreading lies about cancer. False medical information is dangerous.

#5 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-05-09 10:50 AM | Reply

I never said cancer was a hoax. In fact I was the first to say cancer was a serious health risk. I was also the first to ban poor health behaviors. I personally saved millions of lives.

I am the greatest life saver in the history of all life savers.

#6 | Posted by bored at 2020-05-09 12:15 PM | Reply