Sunday, May 10, 2020

While Shelley Luther has garnered praise for defying stay-at-home orders by reopening her Dallas salon nearly two weeks ago, there are some business owners who disagree with her decision and question why rules in place aren't being enforced. Tom Landis owns Howdy Homemade Ice Cream, and he says the focus should be on keeping people safe and not on situations like Luther's. This includes attention from the courts, governor and other leaders. "The only way to lead is by example. It's the only way to lead ... I'm not sure we're seeing that from our leaders," Landis said.

Comments

Ted Cruz, Kind enough to sacrifice your life to support his ideology.

#1 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-10 09:59 AM | Reply

This lady is a self important jerk. She gets all righteous about her,"rights" to infect others.
The GOP jumps on this like they did with Elian Gonzalez and make it somehow about "freedom" and how the Dems hate free enterprise etc.
They are going to get people killed but don't care.
They are total opportunistic Ashholes.

#2 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-05-10 05:59 PM | Reply

Then there's this idiot in Dallas:

Kevin Bain: "Any business that tells me to put on a mask (Whole Foods on Lomo Alto) in Dallas will get told to kiss my Corona ass and will lose my business forever," Bain allegedly wrote. "It's time to stop this --------. Do I have to show the lame security guard outside of a ghetto store my CV19 test result?"

The post threatens to "show him my Glock 21" handgun shooting range results.

"With Hornady hollow points. Pricey ammo, but worth it in this situation" Bain allegedly wrote. "They have reached the limit. I have more power than they do ... they just don't know it yet."

Law Firm Worker Fired After Posting Threat About Face Mask Requirements

#3 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-05-10 06:58 PM | Reply

As a Texan, I can assure you there are thousands and thousands here just like her. They take price in their arrogance, proudly and vocally proclaiming they refuse to stay at home, openly telling others they will never wear a mask. This is stunning. I hear many just like this woman every time I go for groceries. And yes, I wear a mask every time in public. In my experience in my city in Texas, maybe 15% are wearing masks.

Yes, I am expecting a larger wave of infections in six weeks.

#4 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-05-11 08:21 AM | Reply

Glad they fired her, she won't be shopping at Whole Foods any more because she won't be able to afford to. Here in Broward Co., FL, you can't enter any store without a mask and it is pretty strictly enforced. That makes it safer for other shoppers and the employees of the stores. If you are too special to wear a mask fine....starve, I don't really care.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-11 08:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Or just use instacart. It's a thing.

#6 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-05-11 09:04 AM | Reply