Monday, May 11, 2020

Jerry Stiller, actor and comedian and father to Ben Stiller, has died of nature causes. He was 92.

Comments

RIP BIG GUY festivus for the rest of us.

An airing of grievances. I hate the dotard.

#1 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-05-11 12:18 PM | Reply

A great comedian. Every single one of us have seen him in either movies or on TV. RIP.

#2 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-05-11 03:40 PM | Reply

Most of us work hard to get to mid 60s and then hang it up.....and we look forward to hanging it up.

I should embrace my career differently in the sense that I could work many years past normal retirement age. I hopefully do that and should actually look forward to doing that.

#3 | Posted by eberly at 2020-05-11 03:45 PM | Reply

"I envy people like Jerry Stiller. Someone who loved his work and worked late into his life.

#3 | POSTED BY EBERLY "

That's my dad. He has been selling and engineering cotton gin plants (not the gin itself) since he was 22 years old. He was doing it internationally as recently as last February setting up a plant in Uzbekistan. He's 84 years old, 20 years older than I am, but I retired 7 years before him. But that changed for him last week. After 60 years he got laid off. Corvid killed the industry. What a way to end a career like that.

#4 | Posted by goatman at 2020-05-11 03:53 PM | Reply

Some people are just life-long workers, and some people just retire early.

Maybe it skips a generation. My dad still volunteered part-time at the job he retired from after 25 years, until the China Virus invaded America unchecked.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-11 03:58 PM | Reply

No more feats of physical strength for Mr stiller.

Loved that guy. His son is a good legacy.

#6 | Posted by kudzu at 2020-05-11 04:37 PM | Reply

Stiller was a brilliant and very funny man. I remember as a kid seeing him on the Tonight Show and Carol Burnett with his wife (Anne Meara, for you young folk), and of course on Seinfeld as well as King of Queens. Any scene he was in, he'd steal it.

#7 | Posted by cbob at 2020-05-11 05:29 PM | Reply

I got a real problem with some of you people.

RIP Mr. Stiller

#8 | Posted by bartimus at 2020-05-11 05:32 PM | Reply

"I got a real problem with some of you people.

#8 | POSTED BY BARTIMUS AT 2020-05-11 05:32 PM "

I agree 100%. Why can't people leave their political pettiness at the door for just one post? There are always plenty of posts about Trump for hateful people to puke out their vitriol.

I don't understand. It's probably better that I don't.

#9 | Posted by goatman at 2020-05-11 06:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sad.
Bigly sad.

In other news, Jerry Stiiler was funny and will be missed.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-11 06:09 PM | Reply

#9 who did that on this thread?

#11 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-11 06:35 PM | Reply

Nevermind I see it now.

#12 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-11 06:37 PM | Reply

Never met him, but RIP Cousin! Wish I would have had the chance to meet him, but I doubt he even knew I existed. Maybe I will meet Ben someday and ask for his apology for Zoolander's effect on our family dignity.

#13 | Posted by bocaink at 2020-05-12 09:48 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1