Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Hundreds of residents and workers at Nebraska nursing homes have tested positive for COVID-19 -- but Gov. Pete Ricketts is refusing to identify the affected facilities.

Comments

This is the Repub strategy.

Simply control the stats and you can claim they don't exist.

Tell me again, Jeffy and RoC, about how bad Chy-Nuh is...

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-12 12:51 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Same with its meat packing plants.

When you don't like someone you don't tell them they are going to die.

Why does Nebraska hate its people?

#2 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-12 01:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Storage facilities with windows.

#3 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-05-12 03:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

This is so the Deplorables don't surround the nursing homes with pitchforks and torches and burn the disease carriers to the ground, right?

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-12 03:40 PM | Reply

It's a pattern of obfuscation:

Infection rates were climbing at Nebraska meatpacking plants. Then health officials stopped reporting the numbers.

In a change initiated last week, Gov. Pete Ricketts (R) announced at a news conference that state health officials would no longer share figures about how many workers have been infected at each plant. The big companies weren't sharing numbers either, creating a silence that leaves workers, their families and the rest of the public blind to the severity of the crisis at each plant.

www.msn.com

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-05-12 08:45 PM | Reply

"health officials would no longer share figures about how many workers have been infected at each plant."

Deplorables think that's a good idea.

The "teach the controversy" crowd now prefers government enforced ignorance.
Why?
Because The Economy.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-12 09:29 PM | Reply

"The big companies weren't sharing numbers either, creating a silence that leaves workers, their families and the rest of the public blind to the severity of the crisis at each plant. "

Not knowing puts people at risk. It is the only reason I do not want to venture out much myself.

I do not know if the virus is in the area. So I have to assume everyone has it.

If I knew where the virus was I would know exactly what to do.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-12 11:25 PM | Reply

If I knew where the virus was I would know exactly what to do.

I'm in the same boat. I know we have local cases but no idea how many or where. Or how big "local" is.

#8 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-12 11:31 PM | Reply

Yep. Sounds EXACTLY like my old home state of Nebraska.
So glad I left that backasswards state...

#9 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-05-13 09:21 AM | Reply

Tell me again, Jeffy and RoC, about how bad Chy-Nuh is...

#1 | POSTED BY JPW

I guess that's a no from them.

Too bad, I was looking forward to the logical pretzels and back flips required to wipe the egg of their faces on this one.

#10 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-13 01:09 PM | Reply

Rabid, drunk and outraged is no way to go through life.

#11 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-05-13 02:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

We prefer to let you stew in your ragepit pondering your own ignorance.

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-05-13 02:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm not sure what Jeff should find more embarrassing.

His ham-fisted approach to trolling or the fact Gracie and Goat are flagging him newsworthy.

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-05-13 02:37 PM | Reply

Rabid, drunk and outraged is no way to go through life.

#11 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

So no, you have no answer to a legit and important question.

Guess you were never all that serious about the who Chy-Nuh thing to begin with, were you?

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-13 05:14 PM | Reply

I'm not sure what Jeff should find more embarrassing.

Or the fact that they're still floating around but refusing to comment as if that's some sort of punishment.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-13 05:15 PM | Reply