Wednesday, May 13, 2020

According to a recent Morning Consult poll, Mr. Trump's approval rating among voters over the age of 65 dropped 20 points between March and the end of April, making seniors more critical of the president's performance than any other age group aside from 18- to 29-year-olds. Much of that decline seems directly related to the virus, which so far has posed a far more serious health threat to older people. "The people my age, we have become dispensable," says Wendy Penk, a lifelong Republican in her 60s from Charlotte, North Carolina.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The crisis "has just confirmed how incompetent [President Trump] is - and how uncaring he is for others," says [Mississippi Republican Ken] Holmes. He's planning to vote for Biden in November, the first time he's ever voted for a Democrat, he says.

Comments

Really the "retort"?

This is like the posting is so ridiculous that it has been allowed to post such "fake" BS.

#1 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-13 10:38 PM | Reply

OOoo... Crassus is back. Must be election time!

#2 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-13 10:41 PM | Reply

I never left...just read a lot without posting.

#3 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-13 10:52 PM | Reply

#1 - Slaughter the Source? Don't let RoC catch you!

The Christian Science Monitor "fake BS?"
And what is "fake BS" even mean? It's one or the other.
Or the double negative means that it's true.

At any rate the article is solid, Trump's concern is palpable.

"Trump's approval rating among voters over the age of 65 dropped 20 points between March and the end of April"

People don't like being told they're expendable and acceptable losses in a war to get the old economy running.

#4 | Posted by YAV at 2020-05-13 11:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

- "fake" BS.

Sounds like Moneybore, The Confused.

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2020-05-13 11:26 PM | Reply

You people are fun, never change!

Confused, yes I am, the poster of this thread isn't identified, now I see this site has gone so far as to let the select group of people post threads and the reader has to guess who posted it. Well, at least I know one of the unidentified posters are. Possibly 2.

#6 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-13 11:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#7 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-13 11:35 PM | Reply

Threads have been posted here for many, many years under Retort, which appears to be Rogers or whomever helps him.

Nothing new at all.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2020-05-13 11:36 PM | Reply

Don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, Crassus!

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-13 11:41 PM | Reply

#7 | POSTED BY CRASSUS AT 2020-05-13 11:35 PM

Shoot me an email when you get a chance - I have a couple of updates regarding a family member of mine that you'd be interested to hear.

#10 | Posted by JeffJ at 2020-05-13 11:46 PM | Reply

Poor baby.

Now she knows how her generation treated millenials.

Suck it, Wendy. You made the bed, die in it.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-14 12:50 AM | Reply

Better late than never, I supposed.

It's pretty sickening, though, to see the abject selfishness on display.

#12 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-14 12:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#7 | POSTED BY CRASSUS

Not that you'd recognize intellect if it dick punched you.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-14 12:52 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

JPW, always the name calling AH

#14 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-14 12:59 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I didn't call anybody a name.

#15 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-14 01:02 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

OK, not quite abusive language....LOL

#16 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-14 01:33 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Abusive language would be something like "go f**k yourself, you jack**! You're no-one to demand intellectual thinkers respond to you.. You're a f**king idiot!"

That would be closer to abusive language.

I though an example might be helpful.

#17 | Posted by YAV at 2020-05-14 07:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Well, I have had enough of the same ole boring 4 year "hate trump" garbage, maybe get on later to see if there is any of the actual intellectual thinkers are still here."

So, you consider yourself to be an intellectual? Now that is funny!

I am a senior citizen and everyone I know or that I would consider associating with hates Trump with a passion. Republican Party is a death cult.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-14 08:24 AM | Reply

"Now she knows how her generation treated millenials."

That post was just as stupid as anything Crassus posts. We raised the millenials, fed the millenials, many of us still have millenials living in our homes, eating our food. Turning a class war into a generational conflict is the action of an idiot, I've always thought you were smarter than that JPW. Guess I was wrong.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-14 08:26 AM | Reply

Yawn.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-14 10:44 AM | Reply

"Turning a class war into a generational conflict is the action of an idiot, I've always thought you were smarter than that JPW. Guess I was wrong."

The class conflict, similar to how Lee Atwater described the racial conflict decades ago, allows for the fact that some of their group will necessarily fall victim to the efforts against the other, and if anything, serves as cover to disprove what is actually going on.

#21 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-05-14 10:50 AM | Reply

It doesn't matter if they don't bet off their butts and vote.

#22 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2020-05-14 01:40 PM | Reply

They may 'dump Trump'. That doesn't necessarily translate to votes for Biden. I'd have to find it again; I saw a poll the other day where Trump was still very competitive in battleground states. If Dems don't learn how to play the game and win the electoral college, they're still going to lose.

I know the virus is scary, but Biden is going to have to get out of his basement soon. Or perhaps Dems are too afraid to let him speak off script.

#23 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-05-14 02:23 PM | Reply

JPW, always the name calling AH

#14 | POSTED BY CRASSUS

What's an AH?

Did you just call JPW a name?

Things that make you go Hmm.

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-14 03:22 PM | Reply

"I know the virus is scary, but Biden is going to have to get out of his basement soon."

Americans have elected Presidents who never left their houses before.

Presidential candidates not only sat home but didn't even campaign before 1840. Look it up.

So there is precedence.

And the technology has improved a bit since then.

#25 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-14 03:30 PM | Reply

And the technology has improved a bit since then.
#25 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

Hillary lost the election because she failed to visit Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. I guarantee you, Trump will be visiting every place he thinks he can strip electoral votes... Just saying.

#26 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-05-14 07:26 PM | Reply

Those over 65 find it difficult to mount Trump's sacrificial altar. Many find it difficult to mount anything.

#27 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-05-14 10:34 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY WHATSLEFT

I agree. The results of Trumpy acting all Trumpy is not entirely up to Trumpy. The virus don't care.

Wisconsonians pretending there is no virus and Trump throwing a Trumpy rally in Wisconsin with the virus on the loose is an explosive combination. That should prove if this so called "pandemic" is real or not! We would have to wait two weeks for full results. Sorry. Most of us will forget by then and not make the connection. But, I look forward to the experiment and hope not too many Americans have to die for our dear deplorables to find out what New Yorkers already know.

Me Just saying.

#28 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-15 12:33 AM | Reply

Wisconsin is the grand experiment that we should all be paying close attention to over the next 2-6 weeks. Wasn't it nice of them to volunteer to be the nations guinea pigs?

#29 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-05-15 12:05 PM | Reply

"Danni, I've seen you make this point many times over the years. Those two have a high degree of overlap as the people with the most money generally are much older than those who do not."

All I know is I'm not rich and I have been a Democrat all my life, with reverence for FDR and his policies. The rich have gotten the right to buy politics from our corrupt Supreme Court since Reagan. With this Pandemic today we will have to raise taxes on wealth again like FDR did in his day, we won't have any choice about that but we need to also remember that FDR protected the gains he made on a social safety net even during WWII. We can't let the wealthy cut things just because of the Pandemic, no we have to raise the taxes we need to pay for them. And I will reiterate, we have a class war, not a generational war. I would never do anything to harm the younger generations, I want to do more for them and my kids feel the same way towards my own generation.

#30 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-15 12:34 PM | Reply

I must be a senior now.

I take a trump dump every day. I am making one right now!

If you are having problems with your trump dumps I hear prune juice helps.

#31 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-15 01:14 PM | Reply

Crassus is your union supporting your Right To Work butt through these challenging economic times?

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-15 01:36 PM | Reply

Is that why Trump's numbers are so high?

#33 | Posted by Sniper at 2020-05-15 01:43 PM | Reply

Is that why Trump's numbers are so high?

#33 | POSTED BY SNIPER

Which "numbers"?

The number of dead Americans is 87,000 today.

That IS a pretty high number. (Sad!)

Is that the number you are thinking of?

#34 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-15 01:53 PM | Reply

Is that why Trump's numbers are so high?

#33 | POSTED BY SNIPER

Still trying to figure out which numbers.

Maybe you are thinking of the unemployment numbers. You loved to harp on those numbers when Obama was President and we were still recovering from the Bush Error.

The Unemployment numbers are now the highest since the Great Depression.

Those numbers?

#35 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-15 01:59 PM | Reply

We broke a new record for new cases in my city yesterday.

Reopen without proper testing!! Rah rah!! - Republicans