Saturday, May 16, 2020

An Omaha, Nebraska-based private jet company whose principal owner donated generously to Donald Trump and Republicans ahead of the 2016 election received $20 million in taxpayer aid from the federal bailout package passed in March.

Comments

If they qualified and didn't get preferential treatment I don't have an issue. But I do have an issue with a plan that bails out companies like this one.

#1 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-05-17 11:31 AM | Reply

We need to ban private money in politics.

It's a major source of corruption.

Even John McCain could see it.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-17 12:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Many of us still haven't received a stimulus check for $1200 let alone expecting to have rent available this next month. This government is entirely to blame for the homelessness and despair we are undergoing as a people.

#3 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-05-17 05:35 PM | Reply

Too politically hooked-up to fail.

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-05-17 05:53 PM | Reply

Meanwhile I finally might get funded for my $9k EIDL this week. Maybe.

#5 | Posted by DarkVader at 2020-05-17 07:36 PM | Reply

#1 The GOAL of any legislation the GOP votes for is give tax money to their 1% donors. Every single time.

They are the single biggest piece of corruption in government.

#6 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-05-18 08:11 AM | Reply

Trump supporters did this. They must like hooking up fat cats with taxpayer dollars.

BTW, I don't miss any of them that have stopped posting here, virtually all of them were just a*****s. I wouldn't waste 30 seconds conversing them in the real world and I don't miss them here at all. At my age I've realized one thing, life is too short to waste talking to or arguing with a******s.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-18 08:42 AM | Reply