Friday, May 22, 2020

Pakistani officials said a passenger jet crashed Friday in the city of Karachi. Videos posted online showed fire and smoke on the ground and several homes had reportedly caught fire. A spokesman from the country's flagship carrier Pakistan International Airlines told the Reuters news agency that flight PK 8303 went down carrying 99 passengers and 8 crew.

Comments

Good Link: www.reuters.com

I'd look at the possibility of lost hydraulics as a cause.

#1 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-05-22 01:00 PM | Reply

If the gear didn't go down and then both engines went out it seems like a whole lot had to go wrong.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-05-22 01:13 PM | Reply

News reports that the plane was full of Pakistani expatriates living in Texas but who were visiting Karachi for vacation. Also, numerous goat carcasses we also located in the wreckage.

#3 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-05-22 02:09 PM | Reply

MODER8

Poor goats.

#4 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-22 02:13 PM | Reply

I wonder how many flies it takes to jam up a turbofan?

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-22 02:25 PM | Reply

"Also, numerous goat carcasses we also located in the wreckage."

Were the goats on the plane or in the houses?

#6 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-22 03:16 PM | Reply

The goats were on the plane.

#7 | Posted by Tor at 2020-05-22 07:28 PM | Reply

#3 thru #7, well I guess you guys proved Tosser/Tremaine doesn't have a new identity right now, otherwise he'd be on here screaming "abuse" like so many others here lately.

#8 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-22 08:06 PM | Reply

You thought that was sock puppet baiting? I'm hurt.

Back on topic, Sam Jackson would have dealt with those goats on the plane.

#9 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-22 08:09 PM | Reply

Well I miss Tremaine. My post was actually referring to the sad sacks clogging up the nooner lately.

#10 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-22 10:22 PM | Reply

Well I miss Tremaine.

He'll be back. He can't stay away. Wait for something bad to happen to India.

#11 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-22 10:25 PM | Reply