Saturday, May 23, 2020

Derrick Johnson, president and CEO of the NAACP, made the following statement about a remark by former Vice President Joe Biden during his Friday morning interview on "The Breakfast Club." "Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP's endorsement. We want to clarify that the NAACP is a non-partisan organization and does not endorse candidates for political office at any level. Persons affiliated with the NAACP at the national, state, and local levels are free to make candidate endorsements in a personal capacity, but they do not reflect support by the NAACP as an organization. The NAACP has one mission and that is fighting for and advancing our Black communities towards an equitable reality. Our primary focus at this moment is to ensure that our communities that have been victims of domestic terrorism and disproportionately impacted by this pandemic have the opportunity to cast their powerful vote come November."

Comments

Can't walk it back Basement Biden. It's already out there.

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 12:08 PM | Reply

They don't endorse anybody ever . Or can't you read

#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 12:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Gracie, I normally avoid your panic threads like the plague, but sorry to pop your bubble.

The national NAACP never endorses candidates for any political office.

Guess you couldn't read past the freaking second sentence, huh.

No wonder you defend Trump. You refuse to read anything past the headlines just like him.

#3 | Posted by tonyroma at 2020-05-23 12:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Yesterday, former Vice President Joe Biden made a comment about the NAACP's endorsement."

That is the story. Your dream candidate is a liar and bigot.

Lest you forget "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."

#4 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 12:25 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

They don't endorse anybody ever .
their
#2 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 12:15 PM | Reply

You're right they don't, but they "raise awareness" on issues according to the Naacp themselves and if you don't understand that they only "raise awareness"

positively for one candidate and negatively for another... then you can't read either.

#5 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-23 12:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

VP Biden's statement today represents the arrogant and out-of-touch attitude of a paternalistic white candidate who has the audacity to tell Black people, the descendants of slaves, that they are not Black unless they vote for him," Johnson said in a statement.
"This proves unequivocally that the Democratic nominee believes that Black people owe him their vote without question; even though, we as Black people know it is exactly the opposite. He should spend the rest of his campaign apologizing to every Black person he meets."

Robert Johnson,
Founder of BET

Tell me again how Basement Biden is NOT offending black people?

#6 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 12:26 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#3 And that is what Basement Biden did NOT say. He said the NAACP endorsed him everytime he has run

#7 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 12:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

ZomG, I am so offended right now. tRiggerEd!

(Insert meme that looks vaguely like a young Elizabeth Warren acting triggrrrd)

#9 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-05-23 12:32 PM | Reply

#5 like I said, are you gonna vote for a guy that doesn't want to rent to "you" people.

#10 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 12:32 PM | Reply

The way these people are reacting, you'd think the things Biden has said are worse than shooting somebody in the middle of 5th Avenue...

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2020-05-23 12:33 PM | Reply

#10 Link?

#12 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 12:34 PM | Reply

#12 grow up

#13 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 12:36 PM | Reply

#11 By 'these' people are you referring to the BET Founder and the NAACP?

#14 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 12:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Fine and Dandy

Bob Newhart reference, young folk.

As for Gracie and Rhet,stfu.

#17 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 12:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Fine and Dandy

Bob Newhart reference, young folk.

As for Gracie and Rhet,stfu.

#17 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 12:47 PM | Reply | Flag:

okay pops....

would that be the Newhart from Chicago or the Newhart from the inn in NE which really never happened but was just a dream ?

lol

#18 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-23 12:55 PM | Reply

Chicago, young whippersnapper

#19 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 01:07 PM | Reply

And it wasn't reruns,young broke and married,Saturday night with Bob was a highlight.

#20 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 01:14 PM | Reply

As Joe Biden would say

It was a big ------- deal

#21 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 01:27 PM | Reply

Jesus. Too dumb to read her own summary...

#22 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-23 01:51 PM | Reply

That is the story. Your dream candidate is a liar and bigot.
#4 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

F*&^ off gracy.

#23 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-23 01:54 PM | Reply

Your dream candidate is a liar and bigot.
#4 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

Biden's comment pales in comparison to half the things Trump says in any given day. [...]

#24 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-05-23 03:47 PM | Reply

Biden is an honorable man who earned the trust of Obama.

Trump is a compulsive liar, rapist, pedophile, serial grifter and money launderer for the Russian mob.

#25 | Posted by bored at 2020-05-23 03:47 PM | Reply

#24 Breaking my rule to never respond to your stalking/stupidity.....I never once mocked/made fun of and or insulted Michelle Obama or any of their kids. Not my style. Hint: Making up lies does not make you look smarter.

#26 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-23 04:00 PM | Reply

Psychological Projection is running rampant on the right.

Your dream candidate is a liar and bigot, Gracie

#27 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-05-23 04:04 PM | Reply

Patriot woman ,thanks I forgot her. I always thought " the 3 Gracies"

Anyways, Amazed you're as pure as the fresh droven roadside slush. But I'm sure you are convinced otherwise .

#28 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 04:56 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

[...] You support a man who championed birtherism and spreads hate about Mexicans, blacks, Muslims, Asians, Jews, women.

But "oh no!" What Biden said was too much for you to handle. [...]

#29 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-05-23 05:05 PM | Reply

I always thought " the 3 Gracies"

Which was the one that was always shrieking with so much spittle and venom you couldn't figure out what or who she was venting about? She was funny.

#30 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-23 05:07 PM | Reply

Well I could be wrong but I think it was Bayside who ran off with Gracies old man
. Having been through a divorce I am not fluent in bitterness but I can pick up a bit. Anyway, not my case, but apparently divorce can be quite profitable
Like I said I don't know ----.

#31 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 05:43 PM | Reply

Chicago, young whippersnapper

#19 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 01:07 PM | Reply | Flag:

#20 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-23 01:14 PM

Newhart and the other MTM shows .....probably the last time network tv on saturday night was worth watching.

#32 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-23 11:29 PM | Reply

Or should I say Judge Judy
"You think you're smarter than me"

Bless your heart

#35 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 01:57 PM | Reply

"I have black guys counting my money. ... I hate it," Trump said. "The only guys I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes all day."
Trump went on to argue that "Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that."

#37 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-05-24 02:41 PM | Reply

'Jeb Bush has to like the Mexican illegals because of his wife'

#38 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-05-24 02:41 PM | Reply

1991 versus 2020. SMH Did you strain a muscle reaching that far?

#40 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-24 02:59 PM | Reply

#39 I have a member of the Retort since 2011, I can take a punch, you have to if you are going to survive this place. There is a huge difference between taking a punch and being vulgar.

#41 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2020-05-24 03:03 PM | Reply

It's going to take some major league spin for the NAACP to give positive "raise awareness" points when it comes to his senatorial record on things

like busing. I'm certain they will be up to the challenge.

"The committee also included Senator Thomas Eagleton of Missouri, who was a fierce opponent of busing policies and who co-authored yearly amendments with Senator Joe Biden of Delaware on HEW appropriations bills to prohibit federal funding for the practice."

Logan Michael Scisco
"THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION BATTLE, 1978-79"
Department of History
Western Kentucky University

#42 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-24 03:07 PM | Reply

1991 versus 2020. SMH Did you strain a muscle reaching that far?
#40 | Posted by gracieamazed

www.theatlantic.com

complained that, after seeing America, immigrants from Nigeria would never "go back to their huts."

#43 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-05-24 03:12 PM | Reply

I call you out

Did you? Guess I didn't notice.

You're easily ignorable.

and you just continue to abuse this poster.
#39 | POSTED BY RHET

Oh that poor poster!

Thank god you're here to protect her.

You're the bravest sock puppet account ever!

#44 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-05-24 03:17 PM | Reply

Remember when President Zero assumed all black people know each other?

www.vox.com

Immediately, Trump treated Ryan as if she were personally aligned with the Congressional Black Caucus " even as she insisted that she's "just a reporter."
Here's the exchange:
RYAN: When you say the inner cities, are you going to include the CBC, Mr. President, in your conversations with your urban agenda, your inner-city agenda?
TRUMP: Am I going to include who?
RYAN: Are you going to include the Congressional Black Caucus and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus?
TRUMP: Well, I would. I tell you what: Do you want to set up the meeting? Do you want to set up the meeting?
RYAN: No, no, no. I'm just a reporter.
TRUMP: Are they friends of yours? Set up the meeting.
RYAN: I know some of them, but I'm sure they're watching right now "
TRUMP: Let's go. Set up a meeting. I would love to meet with the Black Caucus. I think it's great, the Congressional Black Caucus. I think it's great.

#45 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-05-24 03:17 PM | Reply

Tell me again how Basement Biden is NOT offending black people?

Tell me why the opinion of a billionaire TV network owner should be treated as representative of all black people.

Watching Trump supporters stretch to make a single Biden comment an ongoing scandal is entertaining. Trump craps out a dozen offensive comments on Twitter before his breakfast.

#47 | Posted by rcade at 2020-05-24 03:21 PM | Reply

#40 have you checked out your status page .you're not a member,
you're a user. And as far as seniority goes ,peremission to speak bruceaz is the proper protocol.

Denied
Lol
Bless your heart

#49 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 03:27 PM | Reply

#48 whoa Rhet
Bringing up my name ain't gonna help
I'm universally hated
I mean I even hate myself

#50 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 03:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Does this mean I can pull rank on you? :-)

#51 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-24 03:38 PM | Reply

#51 well as a fellow Canadian yes
But you know how polite us ----- are

#52 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 03:40 PM | Reply

Joe Biden voted yes on creating the department of Education.

"I did not oppose busing in America," Biden, who represented Delaware in the US Senate from 1973 to 2009, responded. "What I opposed is busing ordered by the Department of Education. That's what I opposed."

www.vox.com

Who said that Biden wasn't a politician. Sounds like one to me.

lol

#53 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-24 03:42 PM | Reply

It was a god awful sad affair

And redial, my wife is a twin, born a minute or two after her evil sister

So user 145 ,146 ain't takin no ---- from you

Lol
Bless your heart

#54 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 03:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Some members of the NAACP might gasp at the sight on one of the names below.

In 1975, shortly after Boston residents protested and rioted over the city's desegregation order, Biden came out in favor of an amendment introduced by North Carolina Sen. Jesse Helms, a staunch opponent of civil rights legislation and desegregation efforts.

Helms responded by welcoming Biden "to the ranks of the enlightened."

The Helms amendment was defeated, but Biden then introduced a similar amendment.

The measure passed, outraging Massachusetts Republican Edward Brooke, who at the time was the only black senator in Congress. Brooke called the Biden amendment "the greatest symbolic defeat for civil rights since 1964." Biden later introduced a second amendment that explicitly barred the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare from ordering busing, but left other integration measures intact.

www.vox.com

AGAIN, as stated previously. This "Uncle Joe" moment could disappear but these voting positions will remain and quite possibly be on the forefront of debate Q & A because they were in the already held debates.( Kamala Harris )

#55 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-24 03:53 PM | Reply

#59 want no part of this one.
I'd gladly have a morning mamosa with her by the pool.

#60 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 04:21 PM | Reply

I meant the "bless your heart" tagline.

#61 | Posted by rhet at 2020-05-24 04:26 PM | Reply

Well pretty close

But seriously I only post when i'm on a bender, once the gout kicks in I'll be a stranger ,anyway god bless us all ceptin gracie of course.

#63 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 04:40 PM | Reply

voting positions

#55 | POSTED BY RHET AT

Cool story.

Now do the one about the candidate who marked rental applications with a "C" for "colored" and refuses to hang the portrait of the first black president.

#64 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-05-24 05:39 PM | Reply

Then when you're done doing that one do the one about the guy who took out a full page ad calling for the execution of innocent black men.

#65 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2020-05-24 05:43 PM | Reply

#64 yeah yesterday when I posted why would you vote for a guy wouldn't rent to you I was vilified. Kinda

#66 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 05:52 PM | Reply

Guy who wouldn't

#67 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-24 05:53 PM | Reply

Trump stole tens of millions of tax dollars but Biden took a pencil home from the office once.

Trump has good Nazi bloodlines so he has that going for him.

#69 | Posted by bored at 2020-05-24 08:20 PM | Reply

Yep.
Here you go:
heavy.com

They didn't endorse Biden.

Instead, they said they really look forward to working with him if he wins.

And they supported the Trump impeachment and slammed the impeachment vote in the Senate.

So no, they didn't officially endorse Biden. But they sure as ---- support Biden over Trump.

Did you have a point you were making, Gracie?

#71 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-05-25 02:24 PM | Reply

Concern Trumper trolls looking out for racism. Cute.

#72 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-05-25 09:21 PM | Reply