Monday, May 25, 2020

Nicholas Kristof: While President Trump and his allies in Congress seek to tighten access to food stamps, they are showing compassion for one group: zillionaires. Their economic rescue package quietly allocated $135 billion -- yes, that's "billion" with a "b" -- for the likes of wealthy real estate developers.

Comments

Of course.

Anybody who's surprised by this is an idiot.

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-25 12:45 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Read your history books.

It's standard practice for dictators.

#2 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-25 01:31 AM | Reply

Crumbs for the hungry
Windfalls for the rich

Would make a good Steeler's Wheel song

#3 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-25 02:42 AM | Reply

It is amazing that none question the decision and just trash on it. Let's see, positive to negative out comes and how the decision has made you think this is horrible.

Just Remember, the small entrepreneur is the major employer of this country.

#4 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-25 03:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

CRASSUS

"positive to negative out comes"

He was probably having a flashback, trying to remember the letter he dictated to Dr. Quack.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-25 03:34 AM | Reply

What, you mean like Walmart?

#6 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-25 03:35 AM | Reply

Innie, too funny, now that is the gal I understand:)

#7 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-25 03:39 AM | Reply

BRUCE

"What, you mean like Walmart?"

Elaborate. Does your question stem from another thread?

#8 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-25 03:54 AM | Reply

Just Remember, the small entrepreneur is the major employer of this country.

#4 | POSTED BY CRASSUS

Yet they got a ridiculously small amount of the available funding.

And there are quite a few examples of the money that was supposed to be for "the major employer of this country" going to major corporations and Trump lackeys.

You're a Trump tool and stooge. Nobody is unaware of that.

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-25 04:11 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

JPW, never fail to amaze, Why are you trying to dance with me?

#10 | Posted by Crassus at 2020-05-25 04:15 AM | Reply

#8 no Twin , sorry attempt to say small businesses have been crushed by Walmart types. You ever wonder why the guy at Home Depot ls so knowledgeable, well he owned a shop or had a good paylng job at one time

#11 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-25 05:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And that post was referring to Crassus # 4

#12 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-25 05:09 AM | Reply

BRUCEAZ

"attempt to say small businesses have been crushed by Walmart types."

And the first ones to go down the tubes during a crisis, leaving shelves empty and consumers going without.

I get what you're saving about big box store but it's very seldom their supply chain doesn't rise to the demand.

That means there are pros and cons to both sides. It just comes with the territory, the big city population and production looking out for it's own long term bottom line.

We can't change that.

OTOH, Bruce, our local farmers' markets, supplied by local farmers with fresh produce, milk, bread, etc. deliveries every day, got a "necessity permit" from Broward County, FL and stayed open 24/7 to meet the demands of their customers. I know because I was there. I've been buying my fresh organic produce there for years.

It doesn't come any more Mom & Pop than that.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-25 05:40 AM | Reply

No no Twin, didn't mean to come across as an -------, Just wish the world was different. Don't shop at Walmart myself but I know everything on every aisle at home depot.

Bruce's lament, Dylan could sing it better I know

#14 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-05-25 05:55 AM | Reply

BRUCE AZ

"I know everything on every aisle at home depot."

Same here. I'm a "Miss Fixit" type myself.

But I don't go there for the necessities of life . . . like coffee and French Vanilla dairy creamer.

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-25 07:29 AM | Reply

and, the Party of the Rich are Democrats

#16 | Posted by Maverick at 2020-05-25 10:02 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by Maverick

That's just pure stupid.

#17 | Posted by Angrydad at 2020-05-25 11:43 AM | Reply

ANGRYDAD

It's just a carryover from last week's talking points memo. The new talking point memo is late because of the Memorial Day weekend.

#18 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-25 11:58 AM | Reply

"and, the Party of the Rich are Democrats"

Only a really stupid person would post such an idiotic statement, but why? No one would take it seriously. So why does Maverick post such itiotic thoughts? I suspect I know.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-25 12:08 PM | Reply

Just want to add this: Nicholas Kristof is a gift from the Gods. No other journalist that I know of speaks the truth so well. I love that man.

#20 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-26 09:34 AM | Reply

and, the Party of the Rich are Democrats

#16 | POSTED BY MAVERICK

This is your brain on Faux News.

180 degrees out of sync with reality.

And Proud of it.