Tuesday, May 26, 2020

President Donald Trump on Tuesday contemplated during a White House press event whether he should randomly be injecting himself with insulin, a hormone that is typically prescribed to diabetics. "I don't use insulin. Should I be? Huh?" Trump ad-libbed while delivering his prepared remarks to announce a cap on out-of-pocket insulin costs. "I never thought about it. But I know a lot of people are very badly affected. Right? Unbelievable."

Comments

Go ahead. Inject.

#1 | Posted by Zed at 2020-05-26 06:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Has he already injected all the bleach?

#2 | Posted by censored at 2020-05-26 07:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Hell Yeah! Take insulin. The more the better!!

#3 | Posted by contrecoup at 2020-05-26 07:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bodybuilders take insulin:
Bodybuilders take insulin to increase stamina and improve endurance. It's also used to increase muscle bulk as it stimulates glycogen formation, which feeds the muscles during a workout. Lastly, insulin works to prevent the breakdown of muscle protein, which also helps a person bulk up.

This does not apply to the president, and to reach the level where insulin is considered for performance reasons, that person is already investing a few hundred to a grand per week into their cycle.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-05-26 07:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Maybe if he ever finishes his annual physical, he'd know whether or not he should be taking insulin.

#5 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-05-26 07:58 PM | Reply

#6 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2020-05-26 08:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He automatically injects himself into the topic, no matter what it is.

#7 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-05-26 08:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 3 | Newsworthy 1

"Bodybuilders take insulin:"

Which is insane for them and that anyone else considers the practice is crazy but then you're talking about Donald Trump who is certifiably insane. If you still support him you probably are too.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-26 08:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Did the 300 lb sack of---------- run out of Adderall?

#9 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2020-05-26 08:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Bodybuilders take insulin.

Maybe Pelosi hurt his feelings by mentioning his obesity? So now he's going to try to muscle-up so he doesn't look like a walking fully-loaded Pampers when waddling to Marine One for his trips to Mar-A-Fatso?

#10 | Posted by censored at 2020-05-26 09:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

My opinion: yes take insulin. Take several doses a day. Take it as often as you can. But hey, keep taking Clorox and any other insecticides too. Nothing would probably make me happier than to see that idiot kill himself with chemicals he touted on national TV.
I can honestly say, I don't care if he dies. It would be a public service if he did. Do I hate him? Of course I do, all Americans should.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2020-05-26 09:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

@#11 ... My opinion: yes take insulin. ...

My opinion is that I do not wish harm, self-inflicted or otherwise, upon the President of the United States. Period. Full stop.

So I disagree, rather vehemently, with your comment.

#12 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-05-27 12:14 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

ALEXANDRITE @ #6

"there's no way that orange tub of lard isn't diabetic, so he should probably be taking at least metformin."

If he's talking insulin, he's talking about Type 1. Stubborn people who believe they're both omniscient and omnipotent end up with amputations and eventually worse. Diet and discipline play an enormous role in their longevity.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 01:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Diet and discipline play an enormous role in their longevity."

Also exercise. Who do we know who recently talked about "getting some exercise?" (on the golf course)

#14 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 01:16 AM | Reply

#12 My respect for that office died the day Trump walked into it. He inflicts great harm upon this nation and its citizens on a daily basis. The day he dies should be a national holiday. It will be in my house.

#15 | Posted by JOE at 2020-05-27 02:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Not the office, JOE. Only the inhabitant. Once he's gone the rest of the vermin will scatter like cockroaches in sunlight.

Chin up, Joe. We need you. The end of this nightmare isn't far away.

#16 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 02:32 AM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY TWINPAC

#17 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-05-27 05:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#18 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-05-27 05:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

TFD

"Dream on. They'll merely regroup and continue the assault on decency and humanity."

Of course they will. It would be foolish to expect them to give up. But without the bully pulpit, the DOJ and the U.S. Treasury, they'll be at a major disadvantage. I fully expect them to coalesce behind Pompeo for 2024 to take another crack at it.

But we can't let ourselves to cowed by that. The path forward has always been fraught with danger.

#19 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 06:18 AM | Reply

TFD

Then there's the head of the snake to consider. I have a feeling that "citizen" Trump, Trump Org. and members of his family will be in the clutches of at least 3 State Attorney Generals who have been quietly waiting for their arrival.

Lots of things could change. The only thing I'm relatively sure of is we have an option of rolling over or standing up for the thing you must described ~~ decency and humanity.

Now is our chance to do that . . . and succeed.

#20 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 06:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

TFD

How long do you think it will take for Saudi Arabia, Russia and Israel to shut off the tap once Trump is facing a crushing lack of political influence and no longer any use to them.

Not long I suspect.

#21 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 06:52 AM | Reply

TFD

"In fact the "Trump wasn't so bad" crowd will begin to rewrite history the next day."

Who cares? They're a minority. What are they going to do? Write op-eds or go on Sunday morning talk shows and claim they barely knew him? Cry crocodile tears?

I hope by then America will be in the business of frying bigger fish.

#22 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-05-27 07:02 AM | Reply

#20 | Posted by Twinpac

Trump may very well make Joe McCarthy look like an altar boy when it's all said and doneamerican, reviled here and around the world.

#23 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2020-05-27 07:04 AM | Reply

Not the office, JOE. Only the inhabitant.

No, i've come to realize that the office itself is a farce if it is capable of occupation by a sub-90 IQ sex predator who acts with literal impunity. Trump is living proof that Americans cannot be trusted to give that much power to one person.

#24 | Posted by JOE at 2020-05-27 07:33 AM | Reply

TWIN... off topic but I thought you might find it amusing, there are actually TWO oil tankers named "Petunia". One out of Iran and one out of Norway.

#25 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-27 09:02 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Personally I think he should go with an arsenic regimen. But it's his choice.

#26 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2020-05-27 11:39 AM | Reply

Has he tried Brawndo?

I hear it has what's good for you... electrolytes.

I know a lot of people are very badly affected by a lack of electrolytes. Right? Unbelievable! Drink more Brawndo today. Kellyanne, take a note, tell the Republican senators to buy stock in Brawndo!

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-05-28 10:23 AM | Reply

#15 | Posted by JOE at 2020-05-27 02:00 AM

I fondly remember the NIXON IS DEAD parties! Wow...the happy memories.

#28 | Posted by john47 at 2020-05-28 12:37 PM | Reply

He automatically injects himself into the topic, no matter what it is.
#7 | Posted by madscientist