Thursday, May 28, 2020

Democratic state legislators in Pennsylvania accused their Republican counterparts Wednesday of keeping a GOP lawmaker's positive coronavirus diagnosis under wraps for days, arguing that the lack of transparency may have increased their risk of contracting the potentially deadly infection.

Comments

Republicans are scum.

#1 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-05-28 08:03 AM | Reply

Honestly I'm not sure I see the big deal here.

If they hadn't contact traced and isolated exposed individuals then this would be a big deal.

Would it have been a polite or decent thing to do to let them know anyway? Sure.

But not sure that it's contact the AG for an investigation and people should resign level offense.

#2 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-28 11:22 AM | Reply

JPW, See Representative Brian Sims explain why in this epic rant.

www.nbcnews.com

#3 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2020-05-28 11:39 AM | Reply

I watched it.

I remain unimpressed.

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-28 11:47 AM | Reply

Honestly I'm not sure I see the big deal here.

#2 | POSTED BY JPW

He isolated after feeling symptoms.

That's up to 14 days that he could have had it before isolating. That's roughly 10 days of him be contagious. He can infect anyone who is around and anyone who comes into rooms that he was previously in.

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-05-28 01:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I know how the virus works.

In the absence of symptoms he couldn't know to isolate. Obviously. So isolating as soon as symptoms appeared was the correct thing to do.

Which is why the did contact tracing. Did they do it wrong? If it was done correctly then there's nothing to worry about, other than spread via another unknown carrier.

I'm just not seeing the justification for outrage here.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-28 02:15 PM | Reply

So isolating as soon as symptoms appeared was the correct and only thing to do.

Edited for clarity.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-28 02:21 PM | Reply

So isolating as soon as symptoms appeared was the correct and only thing to do.
Edited for clarity.

#7 | POSTED BY JPW

Wrong.

Isolating AND informing those who could have been in contact with you or your work space for the previous ten days would be responsible.

We are 3 months and 100,000 dead into this thing and you STILL don't know that?

#8 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-05-28 02:44 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

They did. Why else do you think contacts were told to self isolate?

#9 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-28 05:00 PM | Reply

JPW, why do you suppose the Pa. Republicans decided to hide the positive tests data from Democratic legislators?

#10 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2020-05-28 05:57 PM | Reply

Why else do you think contacts were told to self isolate?

Not the contacts. Only the Republican contacts were told. The Democrats that worked with these same Republicans were not told.

"GOP members had been told to self-quarantine due to possible exposure" - not any Democrats.

All the republicans that are quarantining or infected are the same ones pushing to open the state ASAP.

I'd be pissed, too.

#11 | Posted by YAV at 2020-05-28 06:05 PM | Reply

Because the virus only kills dems so the repub immunity allows them to strike fear in their enemies by looking into their eyes crying, "You have it now!"

We know that everytime someone says we need to reopen, they have to show their voter's card to the media to prove there are no democrats saying it.

#12 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-05-28 06:07 PM | Reply

#11 that's not clear to me from what I've read.

Because what you're saying is they didn't properly contact trace. If that's true then that's a huge problem.

And that's been what I've said all along. If they didn't properly contact trace then definitely investigate and there should be consequences.

#13 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-28 08:08 PM | Reply

#13 - that was what I was saying, JPW, though Republican House spokesman Mike Straub says otherwise.

So I agree the Republicans are saying they met the guidelines for notification, but I don't believe them and I don't believe that they were correct in keeping this all from the Democrats. The backlash proves that point for me.

#14 | Posted by YAV at 2020-05-28 11:14 PM | Reply

Funny how few repubs are on this site anymore isn't it?

They're hiding, but still support all this crap. They just can't publicly defend it anymore so they don't even try.

Except the stupidest angriest ones that remain.

#15 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-05-28 11:59 PM | Reply

Funny how few repubs are on this site anymore isn't it?

LOL. Just wait for the invasion. It'll be just sort of a DoS attack.

#16 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-29 12:23 AM | Reply

#14 | POSTED BY YAV

I'll wait for confirmation of a poor or inappropriate response by Repubs. So far it's he said she said.

And the backlash means nothing. Just more fauxrage politics.

#17 | Posted by jpw at 2020-05-29 12:54 AM | Reply