Sunday, May 31, 2020

The ongoing protests following the killing of George Floyd were caught up in violence again on Saturday, as police all over the country tear-gassed protesters, drove vehicles through crowds, opened fire with nonlethal rounds on journalists or people on their own property, and in at least one instance, pushed over an elderly man who was walking away with a cane. Here are some of the ways law enforcement officers escalated the national unrest.

Comments

---- the police comin' straight from the underground
A young ----- got it bad 'cause I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority
---- that ----, 'cause I ain't the one
For a punk ------------ with a badge and a gun
To be beatin' on, and thrown in jail
We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell
------' with me 'cause I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin' my car, lookin' for the product
Thinkin' every ----- is sellin' narcotics
You'd rather see, me in the pen
Than me and Lorenzo rollin' in a Benz-o
Beat a police out of shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still gettin' swoll off bread and water

#1 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-05-31 06:23 PM | Reply

I love that the cops all stop and realize what jerks they were to the old guy, then help him up. Let's hope for a little introspection.
Glad to see the good news out of my hometown of Camden, N.J. where the cops joined hands with the protesters to march together.

#2 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-05-31 08:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 if he was darker, that cane would be considered a weapon and they would have beat him.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-05-31 09:01 PM | Reply

This is all just more proof the demonstrations are necessary and the energy from them needs to be funneled into voting.

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-05-31 09:01 PM | Reply

Go into the article. There are so so many of these and worse. How is this America?

#5 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-05-31 09:03 PM | Reply

This is why I have AR's with multi digit 30 round mags.

#6 | Posted by willowby at 2020-05-31 09:19 PM | Reply

This is why I have AR's with multi digit 30 round mags.

So the cops need the Bearcat to kill you? That'll buy you 20 minutes.

#7 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-05-31 09:23 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

This is why I have AR's with multi digit 30 round mags.
#6 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

I agree with you. The protesters should have been bringing guns to begin with. [...]

#8 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-05-31 10:09 PM | Reply

Why would the cops want to kill me just because I'm well protected against anarchists?

#10 | Posted by willowby at 2020-05-31 10:24 PM | Reply

Seriously? I don't advocate shooting anybody. You're the type I'm armed for.

#11 | Posted by willowby at 2020-05-31 10:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

@#2 ... Glad to see the good news out of my hometown of Camden, N.J. ...

Camden has had some very difficult times in the past.

From what I've read and seen, the police there have been actively taking a very different approach in order to avoid those difficulties of the past. (some really good tactics, but beyond the scope of this thread)

It is looking as if it may be successful.

If so, maybe something that other areas of the Country can benefit from?

#13 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-05-31 10:31 PM | Reply

Pfft. AR's are for -------. A dozen Claymore mines, two machine gun nests, three fully loaded M203 grenade launchers, 4 dozen M67 hand grenades, a box of TNT, and a personal APC, and a used Abrams tank, and now were talking.

#14 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-01 01:20 AM | Reply

#15 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-01 01:20 AM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY GREATAMERICAN AT 2020-06-01 01:24 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------
#6 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY AT 2020-05-31 09:19 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------

Another mentally deficiant deviant whose amygdala, left temporal gyrus, and parahippocampal gyrus are dead to understanding sarcasm.

#17 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-01 01:30 AM | Reply

Differential Effects of Right and Left-Hemisphere Damage on Understanding Sarcasm and Metaphor

#18 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-01 01:33 AM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY WILLOWBY

You do realize that this is a thread about cops attacking folks violently? You know, the Government Tyranny you folks are always railing about. Or is Jackbooted Thug with his knee on the neck of a free citizen not tyranny to you?

And of course, I'm assuming you're white, so you have no fear of police killing you merely because you exist.

#19 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-06-01 07:38 AM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

Why have folks on the Right been amassing huge arsonals? I always thought it was to protect against Government Tyranny.
#16 | POSTED BY GREATAMERICAN

Oh I get it, in a thread about Jackbooted Government Agents committing tyranny, you think the focus is on the Democrats protesting Government Tyranny.

So you're stupid is the reason.

#20 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-06-01 07:42 AM | Reply

From what I've read and seen, the police there...
#13 | POSTED BY LAMPLIGHTER

They fired the entire force, then trained all the new recruits in de-escalation and community policing. Violent crime is down 40%.
This is what needs to be done nationally, fire them all!

#21 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-06-01 07:45 AM | Reply

Excellent point. "Tyranny" to most gun freaks is conveniently and narrowly defined as someone coming to take their guns away, and i'd bet even half of them wouldn't fire a shot when that happens.

#22 | Posted by JOE at 2020-06-01 08:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

To the people on the right who espouse that arms make us safe from the government: When the original lawyers of the Constitution got together to craft the bill of rights, do you honestly think the 2nd ammendment was put in there for no other reason than to get people to kill a bunch of lawyers if they don't get their way? Uh huh.

#23 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-01 08:15 AM | Reply

Q.v.: Whiskey Rebellion

#24 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-01 08:18 AM | Reply

"Tyranny" to most gun freaks is conveniently and narrowly defined as...
#22 | POSTED BY JOE

Not being able to get a haircut or go to Applebee's seems more tyrannical to them than state sponsored violence.

#25 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-06-01 09:17 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 | POSTED BY GRACIEAMAZED

Not if you are white. And a member of the 3%ers. Or a lot of other white supremacist groups or them boogaloos.

#26 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-06-01 12:43 PM | Reply

i'd bet even half of them wouldn't fire a shot when that happens.

#22 | POSTED BY JOE

I bet it's closer to 90%

Not very many are as "well regulated" as a Marine.

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-06-01 12:45 PM | Reply