Monday, June 01, 2020

A young black protester was shot dead outside a bar in Omaha as unrest across the nation engulfed the Nebraska city"and the white bar owner was reportedly in custody.

Comments

[[https://twitter.com/Only1Kross/status/1267010037890846720?s=20]]

#1 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-06-01 12:33 AM | Reply

The video in the twitter link above shows a physical altercation. Bar Owner was probably defending himself, considering he was detained then released.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-06-01 12:34 AM | Reply

Warm up "old Sparky", this feral Trumper needs to fry!
I wonder why the police are protecting him by hiding his identity?

#3 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-06-01 06:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

To keep idiots like you from showing up at his house and getting shot.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-06-01 09:33 AM | Reply

Sounds like he bit off more than he could chew.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2020-06-01 10:35 AM | Reply

Warm up "old Sparky", this feral Trumper needs to fry!
I wonder why the police are protecting him by hiding his identity?

#3 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON

Let's not jump to conclusions.

It's a tragedy. But we don't know the circumstances at this time.

#6 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-06-01 01:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11

He was just released and will not be charged. The reasoning is James Scurlock jumped on him even though Jake Gardner was instigating the confrontation and that made it self defense. Don't be dumb and bring a fist to a gun fight.

BTW there was no rioting going on in Omaha.

#7 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-06-01 03:53 PM | Reply

Guns keep us safe!

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-06-01 04:03 PM | Reply

#8 | Posted by snoofy Not really, but the best reason that guns are in the hands of citizens, you never know if that old lady has a Derringer in her pocket. My old lady packs heat, does yours? My daughters pack heat, and my son is no one, anyone would challenge sober. He packs heat on occasion too.

#9 | Posted by docnjo at 2020-06-01 09:16 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Pack heat?

I choose to avoid -------- rather than spend time with them.
I have that privilege. I'm sorry you and yours don't.

The fact that you go through life planing that you might need to use deadly force to defend yourself is a pretty sure sign (your) society has failed, if you ask me.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-06-01 10:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'm not seeing instigation in the description of the events. Sounds to me like he was trying to avoid the confrontation. www.omaha.com

#11 | Posted by et_al at 2020-06-02 12:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sad to see my hometown is still as racist as when I had left it,
some 20 years ago. But then again, it's always been a highly
segregated town. Everyone knows that east of 30th street and
north of Dodge, is like 80-90% black and poor white, and that
east of 30th, and south of Dodge, is like, 80% Latino and old Italian.
Granted, more non-whites have moved westward over the two decades
since I left and moved east, but still, it is very provincial and
sadly, stuck in it's racist ways. One of the several reasons I left.
It was a nice city, as long as you were white (I am white btw), but
as I grew older, for so many of my friend who were not, I began to
see the city for what it was, a somewhat depressing authoritarian town,
that lacked in imagination, tolerance, and empathy. And like so much of
GOP America, under the delusion that, "everything is fine, as long as
no one is marching in the streets". While nothing could be further
from the truth...

#12 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-06-02 12:05 PM | Reply

From the looks of it, definitely seems like justifiable self defense.

But this part of ET_AL's article gave me pause:

"Rather than rush, Kleine said, they methodically broke down about five videos."

About? There had to be an estimation of how many videos were reviewed? Maybe less than five, maybe more than five, who knows? Right?! They're only criminal investigators, supposed to be paying attention to the most minute of details, yet they offer "We reviewed on or about, around five videos, but one can not be entirely sure when dealing with such a large number."

This is even more interesting when presented with the context of the father's suggestion that there was even more video evidence to consider.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with anything else, just found it interesting that including one five letter word can change the context of what was actually involved in their review. Should have just said "we reviewed five videos" and I would have said nothing.

Now, the rabbit hole deepens.

#13 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2020-06-03 04:15 PM | Reply

"Not really, but the best reason that guns are in the hands of citizens, you never know if that old lady has a Derringer in her pocket"

Complete nonsense.
I don't go around assaulting old ladies, so I don't care what they have in their pocket.
If you and your kind have chosen a different path in life, that's on you.

It doesn't say anything good about America, that old ladies are so scared of you and your kind that they have to carry guns in their purses.

What kind of psychopath would look at a society that reasonably fears criminal exploitation of old ladies who go out in public, and call it good?
The Republican kind.