Monday, June 01, 2020

Attorney General William Barr is sending specialized teams of federal agents to help control protests in Washington, D.C., and Miami, and the FBI is setting up command posts in cities across the country as demonstrations against George Floyd's death move into a second week.

Comments

specialized teams of federal agents

Are these like the "advisors" in Viet Nam?

#1 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-06-01 08:24 PM | Reply

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

- Orwell

#2 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-06-01 08:25 PM | Reply

John Fugelsang
""
@JohnFugelsang
Remember when we all worried that Trump would try to get re-elected by starting a war in a foreign country?

Good times.#cowardinchief#VoteOutHate

302
7:35 PM - Jun 1, 2020

#3 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2020-06-01 08:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Trump says he will deploy military if state officials can't contain protest violence

"We are ending the riots and lawlessness that has spread throughout our country. We will end it now," Trump said.

"If a city or state refuses to take the actions necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them," Trump said, referring to himself as "your president of law and order and an ally of all peaceful protesters."

www.nbcnews.com

#4 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-06-01 08:58 PM | Reply

I hope the peaceful protesters act smart and live to fight another day:

All the protesters have to do to win is to observe the curfew and go home. The officer is under arrest. Trump is defeated and in hiding. The governors are appalled at him. But every day this goes on is a day that potentially breaks in Trump's favor. /1

Trump is desperately hoping that the protests will get worse and that the situation will rise to meet the rhetoric he's trying to apply to it. Every night that goes on that the protesters continue violence and looting works in his favor. /2

Provocateurs know this, too. They will continue to try to blend in with the legitimate protesters. I hope that the protesters listen to mayors like Mayor Bottoms of Atlanta. What happens next is in their control, not Trump's. /3x

twitter.com

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-06-01 09:00 PM | Reply

I hope the peaceful protesters act smart and live to fight another day:

twitter.com

#6 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-06-01 09:00 PM | Reply

IDK Gal, I think if the protests go away, ------- will declare victory, that his tough act saved the day. Not that I am hoping for more violence, mind you.

I really don't know what will happen if some army unit opens fire on some protestors-god forbid. But it won't be pretty for the orange ---- goblin.

#7 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-06-01 09:10 PM | Reply

Gal, I hope your right. I hope peaceful protestors are heard, get the change needed, and go home safely. Those breaking curfew hopefully are then not the peaceful protestors so the State can round them up.

#8 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-06-01 09:11 PM | Reply

I hope peaceful protestors are heard, get the change needed,

AINT GONNA HAPPEN. There will be NO change, certainly not from this president-who advocates FOR police abuse.

#9 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-06-01 09:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I lost over 80% of my Jewish family to Hitler. The rest either escaped to the US or died in the Soviet Union. I'll just block you. It's easier than having to see your ridiculous comparison.

#10 | Posted by Petrous at 2020-06-01 09:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Petro I apologize if I inadvertently stepped on a sore toe

The historical comparison I am attempting to draw is that the unrest in Germany in the 20s an30s lead to the rise of hitler

There are certainly parallels to the current situation today

Please believe me when I say that that revolution is the last thing I want but how do we as a nation stand up to a wanna be dictator

#11 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-06-01 09:19 PM | Reply

Trump is depriving all citizens of their right of assembly and free speech based on unsubstantiated claims of an organizational hierarchy.

#12 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-06-01 09:20 PM | Reply

Are peaceful protests preferred? Of course but they have been tried and tried and tried again
Colin Kaepernick was abused for protesting this exact thing BY THIS PRESIDENT!!

I just don't have much faith in them and understand where Some of the rioting is coming from

#13 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-06-01 09:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"All the protesters have to do to win is to observe the curfew and go home."

What on earth makes you think that? Black folks have been fighting this same fight since reconstruction.

#14 | Posted by qcp at 2020-06-01 09:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump wants a war.

Right here in America.

The south shall rise again!

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-06-01 09:53 PM | Reply

He's already got the best people writing his victory speech for him.

#16 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-06-01 09:55 PM | Reply

Colin Kaepernick was abused for protesting this exact thing BY THIS PRESIDENT!!

#13 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-06-01 09:23 PM

Trump has no legitimate position to take due to his previous relentless deliberate attacks on Kaepernick and the issue around black lives matter.When he had citizens attacked with teargas and horses for a photo op at the church in my honest opinion he has lost any moral legitimacy to lead.If he doesn't resign the Trump dynasty will face the "mandate of heaven".

#17 | Posted by Scotty at 2020-06-01 10:01 PM | Reply

Go home every night at curfew and do one thing to make sure Trump and every republican is defeated in November. Work with Joe Biden, with Bernie Sanders, with Liz Warren. Get it done.

#18 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-06-01 10:02 PM | Reply

#10 | POSTED BY PETROUS AT 2020-06-01 09:14 PM | FLAG:

But you're anti Antifa? Your persona really doesn't add up man.

#19 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-06-01 10:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

But you're anti Antifa?

But, what is ANTIFA?

Nothing. it's a Boogeyman.

So, it can be anything you want it to be.

More accurately, it can be anything Trump wants it to be.

Apparently it means democrats and liberals.

Who knew there we're so members of ANTIFA during the 1940s in America? Really kicked some Nazi ass.

What happened to them all?

#20 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-06-01 10:39 PM | Reply

Good point CS.

#21 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-06-01 10:48 PM | Reply

Trump supporters who also try to warn us about Hitler are confusing.

#23 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-06-01 11:14 PM | Reply

"It is unclear at this point who exactly is behind the violence, but Barr and President Trump put the blame squarely on what they have labeled far-left radicals and extremists."

Because Trump doesn't care about the truth, he wants to force an untrue narrative to define the situation. He's a liar and most Americans understand that, hopefully, in Nov. he will be rejected once and for all. Can anyone deny that Trump is a horrible human being, even his supporters know it. Can anyone honestly deny it?

#24 | Posted by danni at 2020-06-02 10:37 AM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY DANNI

He's escalating the situation because the longer cities burn the greater the benefit to him and his supposed "law and order" platform.

We have a POTUS who's sacrificing Americans and America's economy on two fronts for his own benefit.

#25 | Posted by jpw at 2020-06-02 10:41 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

A "law and order" president who refuses to operate within the law.

#26 | Posted by WhoDaMan at 2020-06-02 03:14 PM | Reply

So the federal Riot Police are going to DC and Miami - Essentially where Mar-a-lago is.

#27 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-06-02 03:40 PM | Reply

Maybe I'm an idealist, but perhaps the police should stop killing black people and this wouldn't be a problem.

#28 | Posted by madscientist at 2020-06-02 11:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#25 | POSTED BY JPW

Four Years ago, I would have agreed. I'm not sure that's so much the case anymore...

#29 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-06-03 01:51 PM | Reply

#28 | POSTED BY MADSCIENTIST

They kill whites too. I wouldn't trust the media to give a balanced perspective.

Whenever I have a police encounter, the one thought that passes through my mind it treat a cop like I would treat a Rottweiler dog. Don't make him nervous.

What makes it worse is that the courts won't prosecute police who do wrong. And the police know it.

#30 | Posted by Ray at 2020-06-03 02:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#25 | POSTED BY JPW

This has been going on before you were born. It's the nature of political privilege that corrupts both parties.

#31 | Posted by Ray at 2020-06-03 02:13 PM | Reply

"But I do agree that peaceful blacks are a disadvantage because a larger percentage of blacks than whites are violent."

They are disadvantaged by Institutional Racism.

#32 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-06-03 03:06 PM | Reply