Thursday, June 04, 2020

A ceremony has started in memory of George Floyd, who died after a police officer pressed a knee into his neck while detaining him in Minneapolis last week, triggering protests across the country.

Comments

Coronavirus approves of this.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-06-04 02:59 PM | Reply

RIP

sorry it had to be like this

#2 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-06-04 03:00 PM | Reply

Derek Chauvin lit a match. Same match that thousands of other cops have lit over the past 240 years. Only this time, America is burning. Enough!

#3 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-06-04 03:00 PM | Reply

I heard more of the story of the arrest this morning and it was heart-breaking. I hope these services can bring closure to all the people who are hurting. After, I hope they use their voting power to bring about the changes that so many of us want to see.

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2020-06-04 03:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

RIP

#5 | Posted by METACOG at 2020-06-04 03:54 PM | Reply

We can hope this won't be for nothing, but there have been so many times now that it has been for nothing.

RIP sometimes hope and faith are all we have when experience doesn't help.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." - Paul the Apostle

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2020-06-04 04:49 PM | Reply

17+

#7 | Posted by 6thPersona at 2020-06-04 05:25 PM | Reply

I hope these services can bring closure to all the people who are hurting.
#4 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

I don't understand "closure."
Please explain what that is.
Is this a thing you have personally experienced; closure?

Thanks.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-06-04 08:12 PM | Reply

closure
3. a feeling that an emotional or traumatic experience has been resolved

I can't think of a truly traumatic experience I've endured which feels "resolved."
At best I can say it's behind me. But it's not resolved. The trauma is still there.

I think this is a made-up definition of how people process grief, made up by people who don't want to hear about it anymore.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-06-04 08:16 PM | Reply