Monday, June 29, 2020

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue has confirmed that the man chanting the racist slogan "white power" in a controversial video retweeted by President Donald Trump Sunday was a retired Miami-Dade firefighter.

Comments

Make Racism Wrong Again.

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-06-30 07:03 AM | Reply

Attrition is ------.

#2 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2020-06-30 07:20 AM | Reply

#1 | Posted by Nixon

Nice thought. Not sure it ever reached that status with enough folks.

#3 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-06-30 09:05 AM | Reply

This guy didn't just suddenly become a racist POS.

He was in the Fire Department. His peers knew his views. And he was left in charge of protecting people's lives with his racism intact.

Can I trust a racist will protect black lives in a fire the same way he would protect white lives?

#4 | Posted by Sycophant at 2020-06-30 12:52 PM | Reply

#4 10 to 1 odds his racism wasn't contrasting with the point of view of most of his coworkers. He may have even developed that way of thinking at the fire department. That's how it worked with the guys I know.

#5 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2020-06-30 01:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My dad was a fire fighter. My brother was a fire fighter. My uncle was a fire fighter. I use me to hand our in the Cherrydale Fire Department in Arlington Va as a youth. Yes. They were all racist and anti feminist. Nudie posters adorned the barracks. One guy had a German Shepherd that hated blacks. As we were right next to DC there were plenty of race riots. So it's not like they being racist in a vacuum. It was the same in every fire house I visited. It was the times.

Blacks were discriminated against and women were not allowed to be firefighters.

It has changed tremendously but has never gone away completely.

Institutional Racism is pretty much in every one of these institution.

That is why they call it "institutional".

#6 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-06-30 01:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1