Thursday, July 02, 2020

The U.S. economy gained a whopping 4.8 million jobs in the month of June, bringing the unemployment rate to 11.1 percent and roundly beating economist expectations.

Comments

Are you better off than 4 years ago?

#1 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-07-02 12:12 PM | Reply

#2 | Posted by eberly at 2020-07-02 12:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

as am I.

More bad news for democrats.

#3 | Posted by rhet at 2020-07-02 12:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"unemployment rate falls to 11.1 percent

Although the number of total jobs added is huge by any historical measure, the economy is still a long way from back to normal, said Dan North, senior economist at Euler Hermes North America. "It still is only chipping away at the 22 million or so jobs we lost," he said.

Data for the monthly jobs report is gathered in the middle of the month, which means it inevitably misses some of the most recent developments of a fast-moving viral pandemic."

Boaz's Dear Leader Trump... rofl!

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-02 12:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'm better off than four years ago too.

And if this COVID thing can knock down my student loans with one stroke if Trump's pen, COVID might be the single greatest thing that's ever happened to me, financially speaking. (Not to mention the extra $600 a week gravy on top.)

So much winning!
#MAGA

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-02 12:54 PM | Reply

"unemployment rate falls to 11.1 percent"

Poor people are so desperate they are willing to accept the risk of death in order to work.

This is how Capitalism is supposed to function. All that welfare state stuff weakens the hand of the Job Creators.

So much winning!
#MAGA

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-02 12:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Jobs created?

Stop lying to yourself.

Nothing happened other than more people who were quarantined resumed going to work.

Good news too. I heard COVID was over.

#7 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-02 01:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Oh good, we have gotten back to where we were during the great depression.

#8 | Posted by kudzu at 2020-07-02 01:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Yay!

Everything is all better now thanks to Dear Leader!

Whew!

Thank gawd that's over!

Good job America. You are doing so great!

Everything is going perfect. Keep doing what you are doing.

The virus is under control. It's disappearing! Just like Humpy wished!

Like magic.

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-07-02 01:12 PM | Reply

The best case scenario is that only 20% of small businesses remaining will fail by November

Remember them?

You know, those were the prop you tools waived around as "job creators" literally 6 months ago

I wonder what they have to say about how good this trump fiasco has been for them.

Wompwomp

#10 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-07-02 01:25 PM | Reply

When a company takes their PPP money, and starts paying their employees, they have to inform the employment office and they're status is changed from unemployed to employed, but that change is recorded as someone having been hired, even if it's the same job they were doing before they were laid-off. Very few of these new 'hires' are actually new, and as the states start to shut-down again, these people will be back in the unemployment lines.

OCU

#11 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-07-02 02:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

But I thought Trump created 5 millions jobs while golfing... it must be true because Mike Pense told me so.... well, people are saying.

#12 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2020-07-02 04:21 PM | Reply

Ivanka, save us!

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-02 05:08 PM | Reply

Are you better off than 4 years ago?
#1 | POSTED BY CHIEFTUTMOSES AT 2020-07-02 12:12 PM | FLAG:

Yes, still not voting for Trump.

#14 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-07-02 07:48 PM | Reply

"Are you better off than 4 years ago?"

Absolutely.

When Trump came in and brought Mnuchin, Cohen, and Ross, I placed a big bet in the markets that those crooks were going to act like...well, crooks.

Turns out I was right. Just like when I based my investing decisions on assuming GWB was lying to us, after I caught him lying to us. In both cases, the administration willingly and purposefully devaluated the strong dollar.

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2020-07-02 08:31 PM | Reply

"some of the record-breaking job losses were temporarily restored before the next crash, due to many states and Trump's refusal to accept science as fact." FTFY

#16 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-07-02 11:42 PM | Reply

#2 | Posted by eberly

Eb measures his well being by how sad, angry, or dead decent people are.

Trump making good people sad angry or dead makes trump fans feel like winners, even when they're losing.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-07-02 11:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#11 | POSTED BY OCUSER

That's exactly what happened to me. Instead of staying home and collecting UC, I now stay at home and collect a paycheck for not working.

#18 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2020-07-03 08:35 AM | Reply

"More bad news for democrats."

Sometimes it do tire of reading partisan hack posts like that. I don't know of a single Democrat who has ever celebrated unemployment. As I recall, most of the times we've had the highest unemployment Republicans were in charge and it usually followed greedy tax cuts for the rich. I think Republicans love unemployment because it depresses wages. They love depressions and recessions because it allows them to scoop up real estate at very depressed prices. Rhet actually thinks of himself as intelligent, I just don't share his belief in himself. Unless he is quite rich he supports people who will happily throw him under the bus and laugh about it. If he is that rich then he's just changed to the one throwing the rest of us under that bus and laughing about it. Neither position is a good one.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-03 10:29 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

More doles please. Lavish doles,meager doles.

Working is overrated. I want UBI.

The"job creators", can do their own damn work.

I want to be free from all that with my own entitlement cash, Wow!

#20 | Posted by Effeteposer at 2020-07-03 03:55 PM | Reply

OCU

#11 | POSTED BY OCUSER

I tried explaining this to Trump goobers on FB.

Their only reply was "four more years!".

There's simply not a damn thing you can do about that level of stupidity.

#21 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-04 11:07 AM | Reply