Saturday, July 04, 2020

The Republican establishment has largely avoided discussing QAnon so far, even as the once-fringe theory continues to pick up credibility from candidates.

Comments

We deserve to become a failed state.

Putin probably laughs his ass off reading these types of stories.

#1 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-04 10:59 AM | Reply

I'd proffer that if the trend does not change, the United States will have more than just a problem with QAnon.

I'll be watching a couple of things...

1) How many f the QAnon primary winners get the seat in Congress?

and...

2) How will other Republicans in Congress react to having QAnon among their ranks?

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-07-04 12:25 PM | Reply

The GOnP has a racist problem. They've been in bed with racists since before I was born and now it's coming home to roost for all to see. If your still a republican at this point, you're a racist.

#3 | Posted by a_monson at 2020-07-04 12:36 PM | Reply

@#3

That's why when the Tea Party started up, I left the Republican Party. The Tea Party movement exposed some of the racists Republicans who were in office.

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-07-04 12:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

They don't have a problem, the rest of us haven't caught up to the reality that is QAnon. *sarcasm

#5 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-07-04 01:07 PM | Reply

It's a feature, not a bug.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-04 01:08 PM | Reply

QAnon has a Republican problem.

Republicans like Eberly haven't drank the Kool-Aid yet.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-04 01:37 PM | Reply

"global cabal of Satan worshipping pedophiles"

Oh, wow. I think she means Luciferian though, not Satanist.

That was awesome. And I like how Mitt Romney defends them in the article. (gee, I wonder why?)

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 03:01 PM | Reply

The Rapture Right keeps winning.

#9 | Posted by chuffy at 2020-07-04 03:52 PM | Reply

This thread awakened me to the evil that does exist even here on this site. There are people who believe in the Qanon theories and they are seriously dangerous. Anyone expressing such views should be locked out forever from our military, our government and, of course, from association with decent human beings. Any police officer that ever agreed with their agenda should be immediately fired. Probably we need our intel agencies to tell us who they are so we can remove them all from any position of authority. Why else do we even have intel agencies, if not to protect us from cults? These are sick people who need to be culled from the herd.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-04 04:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#10 | Posted by danni

Exactly what a global cabal of Satan worshiping pedophiles would say.

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 05:02 PM | Reply

From your post Helium I don't actually know who you are referring to? Me? Them? Make your posts more clear.
I will tell you this though. I don't think someone who doesn't believe "SAtan" esists could be a real follower of "him". That would describe me. "Satan" has never existed, will never exist. It is a term designed to frighten ignorant people. I've never believed in it, never will.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-04 05:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

My advice to you Helium....grow the f*** up.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-04 05:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You have become very set in your ways Danni. You have stopped growing with age. Open your mind again, grow in wisdom instead.

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 05:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 05:33 PM | Reply

Are you QANON?

#15 | Posted by Zed at 2020-07-04 05:38 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by HeliumRat

Are you an Anon?

#16 | Posted by Zed at 2020-07-04 05:40 PM | Reply

#16 No. I checked out the posts, starting at #1, when I heard about it and wanted to know what the hell it was. It's laughable. None of the predictions in #1 came true. Kid's prank.

#17 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 06:01 PM | Reply

"Running kooks like Boebert for "safe" Republican seats like Rep. Scott Tipton's is a thing that, historically, works really well for Republicans. The more fringe candidates they get into the House " or even just running in elections, regardless of whether or not they win " the more the Overton Window moves to the Right."

And that's where HeliumRat comes in.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-04 06:05 PM | Reply

I struggle with how so many people are so damned gullible.

#19 | Posted by GalaxiePete at 2020-07-04 06:22 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY HELIUMRAT

And yet you have Congressional candidates who wholeheartedly believe it.

#20 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-04 06:32 PM | Reply

#20 | Posted by jpw

We have Dems supporting anarchy and communism. They tried to build a CHAZ on the front lawn of the Seattle Mayors $7 million mansion - and that's when she finally called the police. No more CHAZ/CHOP.

#21 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 06:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

And did you hear about all the deaths in CHOP? Like the 16 yo and the 14 yo the cold executed? And crime shot up over 500% for the month.

Really, defund the police in Seattle?

#22 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 06:39 PM | Reply

It was funny while it lasted, but it ended predictably. Plus the city is getting sued by all the busineses that got stranded in there.

#23 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 06:42 PM | Reply

#25 | Posted by snoofy

I cannot dispute this analysis.

Even my grey handlers concur.

#27 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-04 07:09 PM | Reply

#26 It's his version of trolling. Ask him what his name means.

#28 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 08:23 PM | Reply

All the posts that were under aborted_monson have been re-referenced to a_monson.

I don't know why. Perhaps a_monson can tell us?

#29 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-04 08:32 PM | Reply

At least nobody has trouble with what my name means.

I am justice. I am the night.

#30 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2020-07-04 08:47 PM | Reply

Aborted_Monson has been here a long time. He must have requested, like Laura did, a name change. A change that affects all past threads would be implemented at the database level.

#32 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-05 10:57 AM | Reply

@#32 Aborted_Monson has been here a long time. He must have requested

A couple decades ago in one of my past lives, I ran a software engineering department. One of the software engineers was a born-again Christian, with the right-leaning political views to match. She was one of those fmr Pres Reagan won over.

One day she came into my office with the strong objection that one of the procedures in a five year old program was called "abort." She said she was offended because "every life was precious."

#33 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-07-05 11:32 AM | Reply

#33 - Even software routine's lives! Long live Tron!

#34 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-05 11:45 AM | Reply

He must have requested, like Laura did, a name change.

A_monson was asked if his username could be changed to a_monson and agreed.

#36 | Posted by rcade at 2020-07-05 03:13 PM | Reply

I was asked if my user name could be changed to Hedley Lamarr, but I didn't feel worthy of the honor.

#37 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-05 03:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#36 Wow, you asked nicely and he said "Okay". No 500 post 3 day outcry. Not even mentioned ,just happened?

Well done,gentlemen,or lady.

#38 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-07-05 04:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Thanks RCade.
And thanks for all you do.

#39 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-05 04:18 PM | Reply

...and a racist problem, and a gun nut
problem, and a religious whack job
problem, and a basic sense of reality
problem, an understanding of basic
math and economics problem... I could
go on...

#40 | Posted by earthmuse at 2020-07-05 05:27 PM | Reply

What QAnon following is like (thanks Reinheitsgebot!):
twitter.com
First video - a rack of masks at Target, and the inevitable follow-up by police, in her garage at home, with two Range Rovers.
(2nd video showing a police officer, right under the first one)

#41 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-05 09:23 PM | Reply

The QAnons are the wackiest of the wackos that have taken over the GOP. I'm with Danni on this: If you're crazy enough to espouse the QAnon nonsense, you have no business in positions of authority.

#42 | Posted by cbob at 2020-07-06 08:06 AM | Reply