Saturday, July 04, 2020

Neil Young joined the chorus of musicians who have objected to Trump playing their songs at his events according to Spin: In May, the Village People's Victor Willis denounced the use of "Macho Man" and "Y.M.C.A," and Tom Petty's estate ripped the campaign for using "I Won't Back Down" at a now-infamous Tulsa rally in June. Last week, the Rolling Stones threatened to sue the Trump campaign for its continued use of "You Can't Always What You Want."

Comments

Trump doesn't need to obey laws; he's the Pres after all!

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-04 02:27 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

They are relying on the idea that the audience doesn't care about the political views of the artists, let alone the meanings in their songs - some so obvious it beggers belief of righties willful ignorance. So they will hijack these songs, the suits will be dropped or taxpayers will cover it as usual. Those "people" are enjoying those artsits at a premium cost, when they could have had a audienceless globally televised PANDAID concert to generate actual revenue.

If only they would either do the right thing, or lie so well as to pull it off. Republicans are scum, but not even doing their best at that.

#2 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-07-04 02:51 PM | Reply

The problem for Trump is that most song writers and most decent human beings think he is a piece of filth and they don't want their songs used by him. Because they don't want to be associated with him in any way. He made a habit of not paying his contractors now he wants to steal copyrighted mused without paying too. He's actually just a thief.
Gracie, where are you when you God needs defending?

#3 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-04 03:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The thing is too, none of the Trumpers really ever listened to Crosby, Stills and Nash with Neil Young. They don't really even know the music or its message. I know factually that Steven Stills is still active in liberal politics because he appears occasionally on the Stephanie Miller show of which I am a fan and if you are a liberal and aren't aware of it google it. It's great! As is the Thom Hartmann show. Best two shows on the radio every single day, Mon. thru Friday. Then they have the Sexy Liberal Show which showcases many very famous people and displays their liberal views. I only know this, I would be ashamed to be a conservative today. They won elections, they got to put their views to work and their beliefs have failed for America. Big time failed. Donald Trump is just the most recent failure, every other one of them failed though not quite as bigly as Trump. He is, without a doubt, the most bigly failure in history.

#4 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-04 03:41 PM | Reply

Hey Trump, I got your camp-pain song right here:
www.youtube.com

#5 | Posted by LesWit at 2020-07-04 03:44 PM | Reply

I was attacked at random on the 18th, my hearing in my right ear is mostly gone, but returning. Ironically, that morning I was able to finally get a computer, set up the recording equipment, software installed.. Black Cow and Livin' Thing have smart subtle arrangements and groovy melodies I keep singing to, so those techniques, one jazz and one orchestral. Lists, hardware and everything in motion.. Then things went very differently that day. Last night was my first actual sleep lasting more than three hours, thank you hydroxyzine pamoate. The project is still everwhere around me, surrounding really. I silently sobbed when I "heard" violin soloing Vivaldi's Spring in a waiting room, remembering the concerts, people I've played with, my conductors, it's a lot to process. I was pissed off for a time. Healing has a lot of ground to coveer, my faith and my ego notwithstanding. My point, what I make is precious to me, but I also accept music as universal. The people who enjoy rally playlists have only superficial interest, "feel" rather than understand the garbage hauled out from Trumps' maw. LIV's. If Jenius desires music, some musician might get a wild hair and fulfill it. Maybe he needs an outtro theme for when he's escorted from the White House and off the grounds? A tale of victory, no doubt. I don't expect permanent loss, though in November I expect some socially distanced partying minus the distanced.

#6 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-07-04 04:34 PM | Reply

"I was attacked at random on the 18th"

WTF.
Get well soon I guess.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-04 05:01 PM | Reply

Wow Redlight. That is terrible news and I hope you have a full recovery. I am seriously concerned, not just about you, but about all of us. It could also happen to any of us so let's all be super careful. I am truly sad that this has happened to you REdlight. I won't offer thoughts and prayers because that is such an empty sentiment but instead I will just tell you that your story actually affected me. It is horrible and I hope you will fully recover.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-04 05:02 PM | Reply

Who's Trump going to try to steal from next Bob Dylan?

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-07-04 05:38 PM | Reply

Trump's next rally will feature Pink Floyd's The Wall... because they obviously wanted a wall, right?

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-04 05:48 PM | Reply

I guess this is a commentary on how good country music is.

Ted Nugent wouldn't object. But his music sucks so bad they're apparently not willing to use it.

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-04 06:22 PM | Reply

Ted Nugent? Quit cursing on the thread. He is basically a pile of excrement. He would not enter my home. Pure filth.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-05 11:16 AM | Reply

Who are we kidding
Trump just warms them up with some down home racist rants, prattles off some patriotic platitudes, demonize Americans who don't like him, and then close with "10 yeas old got it from the kitty next door"
The "family values" knuckle-draggers would all foam at the mouth In some sort of creepy communal ------
There is no helping them now

#13 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-07-05 04:14 PM | Reply

I'm not sure why Trump isn't blasting Kanye at his rallies.

Oh. I know why.

Most Trump supporters hate black people.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2020-07-05 04:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nuge: he's pure dirt but I like some of his stuff.
Kayne: pure garbage, not even "music".
Gene Simmons: Kiss is iconic put not my sort of stuff save 4 or 5 songs.
Kid Rock: impossible to find someone so talentless.
Brittany Spears: Jeez, no comment
Wayne Newton: needs to retire
Naked Cowboy: more undeniable talent, wow, this list hard work!!!
Aaron Lewis: Well, I have to admit, I like Aaron Lewis. Fine songwriter
And some Country Music has-beens that I don't listen to.

#15 | Posted by CrisisStills at 2020-07-05 05:22 PM | Reply