Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Halfway through 2020, just over 19 million checks have been done, more than all of 2012 and each of the years before that. Historic numbers of background checks to purchase or possess a firearm were done in June, a trend in a year marked by uncertainty over the coronavirus pandemic, a subsequent economic recession, protests over racial injustice and calls to reduce police funding.

Comments

A whole lot of manhood replacers bought.

#1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-07-07 08:55 PM | Reply

Says a lot about the decline of our society that the response to a public health crisis is... buying guns.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-07 09:10 PM | Reply

...the response to a public health crisis is... buying guns.

Umm, it seems like your response to almost anything is buying guns.

#3 | Posted by REDIAL at 2020-07-07 09:29 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I know some ostensibly sane people who armed up over this, simply out of fear of their fellow Americans who are already armed and expected to become increasingly desperate.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-07 09:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I done saw the peanut butter was lookin scarce at the Piggly Wiggly. Time for ammo!

#5 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2020-07-07 09:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

As for me, I'm relying on herd immunity to protect me!

Why would I need guns, when so many other people have them?

Feel free to explain it to me, gun touchers.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-07 09:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I went to try and buy that 1911 I've always wanted about a week ago.

Academy was picked clean. Local small gun shop picked clean. Online stores picked clean.

I'm thinking I might wait a year and save the cash to buy my choice of used gun as the market gets flooded with them soon.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-08 01:09 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

As for me, I'm relying on herd immunity to protect me!
Why would I need guns, when so many other people have them?
Feel free to explain it to me, gun touchers.

#6 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2020-07-07 09:37 PM | FLAG:

Relying. Force into it. Close enough lol.

As for purchasing trends, preppers caused a buying surge of 32% increase Feb to March. It dropped back to normal levels the next month. It skyrocketed above Covid prepper purchases in June as more people bought guns in response to police brutality (militant left) and riots (militant right).

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-07-08 08:45 AM | Reply

"We have all the guns." Bull$#!+. This is America where anyone can get a gun stupidly easily.

#9 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-07-08 08:56 AM | Reply

I heard that the NRA spent a lot of time in China late last year.... just sayin'!

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2020-07-08 10:11 AM | Reply

Wanna slow the spread of firearms in the country? Before every sale take the guy's temperature and require a mask...

#11 | Posted by catdog at 2020-07-08 10:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Not a good idea to wear a mask into a gun store.

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-07-08 10:54 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I'll take a loud big dog for home protection over a firearm any day.

#13 | Posted by moder8 at 2020-07-08 11:35 AM | Reply

How is your wife?

#14 | Posted by visitor_ at 2020-07-08 11:43 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Because waiting around for help sucks when you might have to pepper up a heroin addicted white."

LOL
In what world are heroin addicts violent and threatening?
I mean, unless I stole from Marsellus Wallace or something...

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-08 07:40 PM | Reply

Its a joke from a Dave Chapelle bit, explaining why he bought a shotgun.

#16 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2020-07-09 07:53 AM | Reply

A whole lot of manhood replacers bought.

#1 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR AT 2020-07-07 08:55 PM

What a foolish attitude on guns. What about the women who buy guns because they have a psycho ex boyfriend that they need protection from? What should they do, hope the restraining order saves them? There are places in Kansas you would be lucky to get a sheriff's deputy there in 20 minutes. It isn't all about "manhood replacers". People have legit needs for a firearm. You just won't admit to the truth.

#17 | Posted by byrdman at 2020-07-09 03:24 PM | Reply

Hint to -----------:
CoVid-19 is impervious to bullets.

#18 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-07-09 07:53 PM | Reply

Byrdman:
Oh so there is a sudden spike in psycho boyfriends?
How disingenuous of you.

#19 | Posted by e1g1 at 2020-07-09 07:53 PM | Reply

"What about the women who buy guns because they have a psycho ex boyfriend that they need protection from?"

What about a society that places those women in mortal danger by giving ebeyinr the right to own guns?

#20 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-09 08:16 PM | Reply

Evolution of gun ownership Philosophy seems evident here on the DRs gang of perpetual permanent posters. I guess vegas was memory hooked...Btw - sleepy joes position on 2a? You aint blac so don't go there

#21 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-09 08:46 PM | Reply

Alot of union, cop supporting, autoworker, and gun toting hunters wonder what ole touchy feely Joe's position is on 2A as well.

Www.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/21/politics/fact-check-joe-biden-gun-control/index.html">www.google.com

Sleeper agent Joe hasn't a clue and is now trying to bribe USA with a stimulus made in America manufacturing stimulus plan....where did we hear that before? The dealer/house always wins.

#22 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-09 08:53 PM | Reply

Btw - sleepy joes position on 2a? You aint blac so don't go there
#21 | POSTED BY MUTANT

Oh, do indulge us!
How's it compare to Bump Stock Banning Trump?

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-09 09:00 PM | Reply

At this point in his dementia, his position is whatever his handlers are telling him. He said he was going to put "Beto" in charge of his gun policy.

#24 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-09 09:36 PM | Reply

Bump stocks are a reflection of snoofy in the mirror.

#25 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-09 09:41 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Awwww Byrdman hiding behind women to kustify psuedo men feeling the need to buy a firearm so they feel all manly and stuff.

#26 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-07-09 10:09 PM | Reply

I haven't bought any recently. I've sold a few. Seen this before. Manufacturers attempt to cash in and have a glut when the kerfuffle is over. That's the time to buy. Buy low, sell high. Rinse and repeat.

#27 | Posted by willowby at 2020-07-09 10:17 PM | Reply

Fast cars, powerful weapons, and good paying careers makes manly men. And giggly bikini girls on trampolines- jimmy k on the Man show taught me that in the late 1990s

#28 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-09 10:45 PM | Reply

I would be willing to bet money that willowby and or mutant, probably both, maintain a Facebook account utilizing a female profile picture

These have been popping up at militia and extreme right wing sites friending other incels by pretending to be female and propagating the exact same dialogue as these two

Several have now been exposed

#29 | Posted by Chieftutmoses at 2020-07-09 10:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sarcastic filtering is requied here chief, didn't you read Rodgers user manual?

Besides this site used follow a slogan for better debate content. "Red meat for yellow dogs". Try to stick to the program and actually provide debatable content. This is not your blog.

#30 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-09 11:10 PM | Reply

Why are so many buying guns in america? Can you shoot the chinese virus dead?

#31 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-09 11:13 PM | Reply