Friday, July 10, 2020

President Donald Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity that he has taken a cognitive test and passed with flying colors. Bragging about it, however, he let it slip that the doctors didn't have much faith in him. "I took it at Walter Reed, a medical center, in front of doctors, and they were very surprised," Trump bragged.

Comments

Who did he pay to take this test?

#1 | Posted by Nixon at 2020-07-10 07:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

A stupid person's idea of a smart person. (Nod to Fran Leibovitz.)

#2 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2020-07-10 08:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

they were very surprised

Bragging that the doctors were surprised that he passed a dementia/Alzheimers test, routine for his age group?

Not quite the bragworthy achievement which POTUS apparently thinks it is, LOL

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2020-07-10 08:40 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Is the test he took available for the public to see?

Found an article on the prior test...

What's the Montreal Cognitive Assessment mental test Trump took?
www.nbcnews.com

#4 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-07-10 10:23 AM | Reply

LAMP

Well, we already knew it wasn't MENSA.

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-10 10:48 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Apparently he didn't think his statement through very well.

Why would doctors be "surprised" he passed it? Because his everyday behaviors don't suggest high cognition?

But it's typical Trump. He probably failed miserably, claimed it was a success and the people around him using him for their own power and monetary gains simply prodded him forward anyway. His lack of cognitive abilities is precisely why they love him.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-10 11:27 AM | Reply

I think he was trying to imply that they were surprised at how brilliant he was, but in reality he's so stupid he couldn't even convey that properly.

#7 | Posted by JOE at 2020-07-10 11:38 AM | Reply

What dummkoft brags about Drs thinking that you're dumb? That's something that you don't say. Damned goober.

#8 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-07-10 11:48 AM | Reply

Well, after all Trump's uncle was a "super-genius professor" at MIT, you know.

#9 | Posted by anton at 2020-07-10 11:51 AM | Reply

It's not a question of if Trump is lying it's a question of just what is he lying about?

It's probably the most rudimentary cognitive test imaginable and he probably passed it all on his own and he's probably lying about the doctors reactions.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2020-07-10 12:27 PM | Reply

I took the Montreal Cognitive Assessment when I had my heart valve replaced. You take it before surgery and then you take it again before you're discharged from the hospital. You than take again at your 30 day and 90 day follow-ups. And while it might look easy, there are sections that can be a bit tricky like being given at list of 10 names and then 5 minutes later being asked to repeat back as many of those names as can you remember. Being shown a sketch and asking you to draw it, and then 5 minutes later being asked to draw the same sketch again only this time they don't show it to you, you have to do it from memory.

BTW, there is no 'acing' the test. It doesn't work like that. Granted, there is a threshold that one needs to reach to be considered OK, but I suspect that very few people ever gets every segment of it 100%. I mean, there's things like while looking at a picture, describe what you think is happening. There is no right or wrong answer, they are just testing whether you can form rational thoughts or not, as well as how aware you are at perhaps some nuances in the picture.

OCU

#11 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-07-10 12:30 PM | Reply

Must've used a dumbed-disown version on Trump. He can't even keep his own lies straight.

#12 | Posted by Doc_Sarvis at 2020-07-10 12:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well, he did know the difference between a lion and a camel. So there's that. You never know when that's going to come up in foreign policy.

I hear he aced reading skills, too. (Run Spot run. See Spot run)

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-10 12:40 PM | Reply

These are tests for detecting MCI and Dementia. Anyone without those conditions should be able to pass them. That he did well and others did not means the others were given the test because there was a reason for concern.

Now we know it's not a mild cognitive impairment or worse, we can chalk it up to Trump being an unimpaired selfish myopic idiot.

#14 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-10 12:41 PM | Reply

"I remember the last time Pres Trump was boasting about passing a cognitive test, the test was made available and to my eyes it looked like a 10-year-old could pass it."

Of course. What 10 yr old has Alzheimers?

#15 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-07-10 12:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

His test - Ivanka, Ivanka, Ivanka, Ivanka, Obama. If he "passed" it was gas and he's lying. As always.

#16 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2020-07-10 12:42 PM | Reply

I hear Trump had to take an IQ test and he paid someone to take it for him.

#17 | Posted by danni at 2020-07-10 12:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

@#15 ... What 10 yr old has Alzheimers? ...

Probably very few.

What's yer point?

#18 | Posted by LampLighter at 2020-07-10 12:49 PM | Reply

That test is not only used when diagnosing dementia or Alzheimers, it's also used, as was done in my case, to make sure that there were no problems resulting from the heart surgery. They were concerned about blood clots forming and this is part of how they determine that no damage was done. I had to do physiological tests as well, such as walking a straight line, standing on one foot, touching my nose with my finger while my eyes were closed, squeezing the doctor's hand, etc.

OCU

#19 | Posted by OCUser at 2020-07-10 01:05 PM | Reply

"Doctors were 'surprised' he could pass cognitive test"

Trump didn't tell the whole story.

The doctors were surprised it took hi 10 tries.

#20 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-10 01:14 PM | Reply

Of course. What 10 yr old has Alzheimers?

#15 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE AT 2020-07-10 12:42 PM | REPLY

I saw the test when it was news after he took it a year or so ago, and seriously it looked like something from a placemat at a kid's restaurant. Proud he aced it? Okay, so he can't use Dementia or Alzheimer's as a legal defense for his crimes. According to his niece, who would know since she's a psychologist, he has a serious learning disability that keeps him from reading. You see the teleprompter speeches, every time it's like he's a 2nd grader reading a pop-up book, small words, short sentences and serious stumbles as he guesses at words every minute or so.

I had dyslexia when I was young that delayed my reading through 3rd grade. I recall in about third grade my mother gave me an age appropriate book, it was called "Stories for Boys," and asked me to read from it. I was guessing at every few words. At that point she recognized that my acting up in class wasn't hyperactivity, it was because I couldn't do the work. When I discovered I loved comic books, she bought me all that I could read. She spent hours with me on flash cards and other reading drills. She pulled me out of Catholic school (much to the chagrin of my father and his side of the family) and put me in public school. In 4th grade I went into a remedial program, and by seventh grade I was reading at a 10th grade level (thank you Miss Taylor). Thanks to my mother spotting it early and caring enough to take the appropriate steps, she helped me to overcome my learning disability which made me a lifelong reader and writer and the proud holder of an MA degree.

45 has a very strong and powerful 200 word vocabulary because he doesn't read. Reading is a vocabulary builder. On top of the learning disability, he's also stupid, mean, narcissistic and paranoid, which is a really bad combination for somebody who is supposedly leading the strongest nation on the planet.

#21 | Posted by _Gunslinger_ at 2020-07-10 01:56 PM | Reply

He didn't pay a dupe to take it for him?

#22 | Posted by hamburglar at 2020-07-10 02:00 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

m.youtube.com

#23 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2020-07-10 03:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#19 - right OCU. Also used to evaluate MCI that may result from stroke, etc.

#24 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-10 03:12 PM | Reply

Trump is so clueless that he thinks bragging that doctors were surprised that's "all there" is a good idea. Just like he showed off his water-drinking skills in Tulsa and talked about how steep that one ramp was.

Very impressive, Donald. Here's a cookie.

#25 | Posted by cbob at 2020-07-10 03:39 PM | Reply

LAMP
Well, we already knew it wasn't MENSA.

#5 | POSTED BY TWINPAC AT 2020-07-10 10:48 AM

I needed the laugh, thanks. Everything about Trump says his enablers are the real power, the real legislative decisions and the real danger.

#26 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2020-07-10 04:09 PM | Reply

Tweety's real cognitive tests will happen during his debates with Biden.

#27 | Posted by contrecoup at 2020-07-10 05:35 PM | Reply

" Doctors surprised he could pass cognitive test."

Yeah - me too.

#28 | Posted by Foreigner at 2020-07-10 06:03 PM | Reply

Yeah it's surprising trump could point to a camel on a piece of paper.

The saddest part is he really thinks it shows how smart he is.

#29 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2020-07-10 06:45 PM | Reply

This is the test that they gave him.

www.etsy.com

#30 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2020-07-10 06:53 PM | Reply

Bragging is -------- default mode for every response.

Evidence of low self-esteem.

#31 | Posted by truthhurts at 2020-07-10 07:10 PM | Reply

So...lewy body dementia. I've seen it first hand.

Symptoms of Lewy body dementia include:

Changes in thinking and reasoning.
Confusion and alertness that varies significantly from one time of day to another or from one day to the next.
Slowness, gait imbalance and other parkinsonian movement features.
Well-formed visual hallucinations.
Delusions.

#32 | Posted by billy_boy at 2020-07-10 08:31 PM | Reply

So we know he doesn't have Alzheimer's.

Yay!

Wait. That means he is just evil by nature.

Did he take the sociopath test?

Pretty sure he would fail that one.

#33 | Posted by donnerboy at 2020-07-11 12:32 PM | Reply