Friday, July 10, 2020

Hasbro, which owns the rights to Scrabble in North America, said Tuesday night the players association had "agreed to remove all slurs from their word list for Scrabble tournament play, which is managed solely by NASPA and available only to members." The game that Hasbro sells in retail stores has not included slurs in its dictionary since 1994. But the players association, one of the most prominent governing bodies in competitive Scrabble, had still allowed them.

Comments

Reminds me of the South Park Wheel of Fortune episode.

#1 | Posted by censored at 2020-07-10 06:02 PM | Reply

Finally, the boot to the neck that is Scrabble is being addressed!

It seems frivolous, but I don't mind Scrabble setting the right tone. Maybe if enough people set the right tone the overall situation will improve.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-10 06:27 PM | Reply

Now if they'll just take their game app back from Scopely.

#3 | Posted by chuffy at 2020-07-10 07:19 PM | Reply

Well I guess I used up my 3 New York Times article already so I don't know which racial slurs I can't use. ------ on a triple word score is serious pointage. Lol.

I play Words with Friends regularly and a friend played "------", I was amused and dumbfounded.

Anyway I am "English major bruce" if anyone feels up to it, I don't need to know you are ,I take on all comers, I ain't bad and I ain't good.

Took my name from Prarie Home Companion, P.O.E.M.

#4 | Posted by bruceaz at 2020-07-10 07:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Well hasbro/mattel is owned by a jewish guy so there's that.

Notice the new hasbro poop games that out last year? Promoting a degenerative downfall perhaps? They definitely put alot of working class american into unemployment lines during the great commie offshoring decades 2000-now.

"And that's a good thing. Here's why"

#5 | Posted by mutant at 2020-07-10 08:28 PM | Reply

On a more positive note, Monopoly is now considered the PC game of the year with the "get out of jail free" card.

#6 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2020-07-11 07:12 AM | Reply

"get out of jail free" card.

Donald Trump and Roger Stone thank you for your continued support.
Please donate to help re-elect our billionaire President today! He needs your money.

#7 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-11 07:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I've never played with white people, I never noticed.

#8 | Posted by fresno500 at 2020-07-11 09:02 PM | Reply

I've got south parks use of the word Jew on the mind.

#9 | Posted by Tor at 2020-07-11 09:38 PM | Reply