Saturday, July 11, 2020

Russell Travers detailed his concerns to the intelligence community's watchdog. Days later he was fired.

Comments

Exclu: A senior intel official went to the IC inspector general with a warning about how the US handles intelligence on terrorism. The next week, that official tells me, Ric Grenell fired him without explanation.

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-07-10 09:45 PM | Reply

Link for #1:

twitter.com

#2 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2020-07-10 09:46 PM | Reply

The first post in that twitter feed was the one I had copied from the article and was going to post: Trump removed Maguire in February 2020, amid a dispute over a briefing on Russia-related intelligence and replaced him with Ambassador Richard Grenell, then the top U.S. diplomat to Germany and a former public relations consultant.

I just hope that the damage Trump has and is doing to the United States is reparable.

#3 | Posted by YAV at 2020-07-10 09:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Looks like we're in for some more Pearl Harbor Level Events!
That should definitely help with Trump's re-election.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2020-07-10 10:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I suppose Biden could hire them all back ~~ if they haven't been "once bitten twice shy."

The same with the D.A.s Barr has fired. Once Trump's criminal enterprise has been removed I've been wondering if the State can opened their cases again.

Except for Geoffrey Berman. If he's properly qualified I'd like to see him get Barr's job.

I'd call that the icing on the cake.

I sent an e-mail to Joe Biden with my suggestion (please, please, pretty please)

#5 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-11 08:02 AM | Reply

Only problem will be if the GOP keeps they Senate.

They're guaranteed to be even more obstructionist than they were under Obama.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2020-07-11 10:43 AM | Reply

JPW

Yes, I was thinking of that, too. I heard a REPUBLICAN political analyst say the Senate is likely to lose 4 to 7 seats. Cross your fingers.

Barr claims he's is going to open investigations into everybody connected to the Obama campaign. Who knows what kind of wild allegations they'll come up with to smear Biden.

#7 | Posted by Twinpac at 2020-07-11 12:42 PM | Reply